A look at our last 4 Classes. This is the issue:

W.E.D

Coaching was horrendous today as well, but most of our issues fall back to recruiting being beyond awful

• Like 4

20 hours ago, W.E.D said:

2019 Class (5th yr Seniors):

• 3 starters on D,
  • 3 back ups on offense.
  • 0 OL

2020 Class (4th year):

• 0 Starters.
  • 2 2nd string LB.
  • 2 2nd String on offense.
  • 1 OL: Career back up

2021 class (3rd year): :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• 1 RB
  • 0 OL

2022 Class: (2nd year):

• 1 starting WR.
  • 1 Starting Star (hurt).
  • 0 OL.

Smattering of 2nd teasers

6 of 22 starters are HS recruits?  Stutts is 7 and a 6th year covid guy. Maybe 15 of 44 in the two deep?? 
We have 1 starter and 1 back up OL in our two deep from our previous 5 recruiting class.

Gus + Harsin essentially put us on probation

Best analogy for what we are seeing. Nailed it. It’s sickening and almost seems purposeful by prior staffs . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 starters on D,
  • 3 back ups on offense.
  • 0 OL

2020 Class (4th year):

• 0 Starters.
  • 2 2nd string LB.

• 1 RB
  • 0 OL

• 1 starting WR.
  • 0 OL.

6 of 22 starters are HS recruits?  Stutts is 7 and a 6th year covid guy. Maybe 15 of 44 in the two deep?? 
We have 1 starter and 1 back up OL in our two deep from our previous 5 recruiting class.

Wow. Sad really our program is at this stage. This post needs to be headlined on the  site as a reminder for rest  of yr

• Like 2

• 3 starters on D,
  • 3 back ups on offense.
  • 0 OL

2020 Class (4th year):

• 0 Starters.
  • 2 2nd string LB.

• 1 RB
  • 0 OL

• 1 starting WR.
  • 0 OL.

Good data.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Wow. Sad really our program is at this stage. This post needs to be headlined on the  site as a reminder for rest  of yr

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Good data.

So like 80% of our 2 deep are either freshman or transfers.  Most of the transfers are G5 players

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Best analogy for what we are seeing. Nailed it. It’s sickening and almost seems purposeful by prior staffs . 

With Harsin, it might've been.

Remember the proposal to name the Knoxville water reclamation facility after Kiffin? I wish we would do the same for Leath.

Then again, water reclamation is a very noble profession that provides a valuable service to society. Doesn't deserve to be associated with Leath lol.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

forgot to mention, the data backs up a 3-year delay from recruiting success to on the field success. The transfer portal has changed that; however, it is still not immediate. Colorado's success is unique and can be attributed to the fact that a good portion of skill players from Prime's previous team came with him. They had already had time to gel, learn about each other and build trust. That point cannot be overlooked.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

So like 80% of our 2 deep are either freshman or transfers.  Most of the transfers are G5 players

Good to see, I guess?

2 minutes ago, bostic up the middle said:

visual trends (they line up with success on the field too). I'll update that data in the next few weeks.

While I trimmed the graphs, I would say those largely look like good indicators of forward progress.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

While I trimmed the graphs, I would say those largely look like good indicators of forward progress.

agreed. the foundation is being built. heavy on the xfrs to stop the bleeding, and recruiting for long-term success. 2010 and '13 spoiled us, it's easy to forget that was due to the 2004-2007 and 2010-2011 recruiting classes.

• Like 1

• 3 starters on D,
  • 3 back ups on offense.
  • 0 OL

2020 Class (4th year):

• 0 Starters.
  • 2 2nd string LB.

• 1 RB
  • 0 OL

• 1 starting WR.
  • 0 OL.

And we still have people on here defending Gus. He should have been fired after 2016. Personally, I was ready to see him go after 2015. 

Harsin, I won't even comment on except to say I think he quit after the attempted coup. Not that I think he was ever going to make it anyway. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bostic up the middle said:

visual trends (they line up with success on the field too). I'll update that data in the next few weeks.

recruitingrank.png

transferrank.png

olsigns.png

transfersinout.png

Mods, this data and the OP's should be pinned at the top of the board

• Like 2

As I previously alluded to...if we claw our way back to relevancy over the next five years, we might look back on losing the 2021 IB as a blessing in disguise. Because we would've been guaranteed at least another year of Potato's criminal negligence.

It’s a Colorado scale roster mess without the headlines. What I’ll add is beyond Gus and Harsin’s major screwups - the simple fact is we fired 2 coaches in two years. That’s always when you rupture players. Twice. Cautionary tale - the portal giveth, the portal taketh away.

• Like 1

• 3 starters on D,
  • 3 back ups on offense.
  • 0 OL

2020 Class (4th year):

• 0 Starters.
  • 2 2nd string LB.

• 1 RB
  • 0 OL

• 1 starting WR.
  • 0 OL.

Why can’t everyone understand this?

2 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

I was thinking the same thing that we were almost SMU

Dating yourself on that one, but I’m right with you.

• 3 starters on D,
  • 3 back ups on offense.
  • 0 OL

2020 Class (4th year):

• 0 Starters.
  • 2 2nd string LB.

• 1 RB
  • 0 OL

• 1 starting WR.
  • 0 OL.

Thank you. This is the problem, not the coaching staff.

When I knew CHF was the correct choice, was when he defined THE PROBLEM AT AU is a ROSTER PROBLEM.

• Like 1

As was mentioned above, a team doesn't fire two coaches in the space of two seasons without suffering for it. These charts do not take into account the AU players that transferred out due to the firings. Watching ball yesterday, I saw former Auburn players starting at Oregon, Colorado, Ole Miss and UCF. That's just four teams where I happened to recognize the names. Who knows how many more are scattered around the country?

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As was mentioned above, a team doesn't fire two coaches in the space of two seasons without suffering for it. These charts do not take into account the AU players that transferred out due to the firings. Watching ball yesterday, I saw former Auburn players starting at Oregon, Colorado, Ole Miss and UCF. That's just four teams where I happened to recognize the names. Who knows how many more are scattered around the country?

There really aren't any. You mentioned 5 guys. Dawson would be 6 at Colorado.

Gus's final two classes+Harsin's two classes were horrendous.  It's pretty much trash outside DB and RB

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

There really aren't any. You mentioned 5 guys. Dawson would be 6 at Colorado.

Gus's final two classes+Harsin's two classes were horrendous.  It's pretty much trash outside DB and RB

You don't think this team would look a lot better with Pegues, Hudson, Hunter, Nix and the others on the squad? You're saying that the four teams I saw on TV yesterday just happened to have all the successful AU transfers on them? That's statistically improbable.

Hudson just finished his third straight game with over 100 yards receiving. That's trash to you?

• Like 1