Moral victory

cole256

2 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

This the post game thread?

Beck Quote: They we’re giving us coverages to let him (Bowers) get open.

Says it all if true. Wth? Why’d the coaches abandon the scheme that was throttling them?

• Like 1

Oh also shout out to @e808. I pride myself on making some great calls but I didn't see this game being competitive but he did. I will be paying more attention to your post. You called it!

• Like 1

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Says it all if true. Wth? Why’d the coaches abandon the scheme that was throttling them?

Simpson getting hurt was probably the biggest problem.

• Like 2

One more thing a little off topic. I think our recruits were impressed, our commits were re-affirmed and we will be something special within two years!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

They fought hard. Difference in the game was a bonafide hybrid TE. Take it in stride. 

A 6'4" linebacker/safety guy with some length and some speed or maybe even a 6'2 corner/safety would have really helped that's for sure!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

Auburn won’t lose another home game. 

Still have to make progress on the passing game (plus I’m dreading the injury report)  - but thats sounds more right than it would have 4 hrs ago. 

8 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Next week will be interesting. While I believe we did play very well today, any team can show up for the number one team. We have to be able to sustain this momentum, and actually improve.

Im 100 percebt sure we wont lode next week

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Still have to make progress on the passing game (plus I’m dreading the injury report)  - but thats sounds more right than it would have 4 hrs ago. 

You are definitely right. I think CHF taking over is what helped. I really think we start running more. 

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Just so tired of losing to rivals and losing winnable games. Just. So. Tired. 

I'm with you but after what I saw last week, it's nice to see progress, especially against a superior team.

There ain’t no moral victories in Auburn but I’m very proud of the guys and the effort they gave today.  If they play like that the rest of the year they will have a chance to win the rest of them.  

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Agree, and with a better wide receiver play, we probably win this one.

Side note: what did Colorado and Coach Prime have to do with this game?

Had nothing to do with this game I have been saying don't have the horses so people going crazy about losing to Oregon are missing the point. 

The point is showing the fight and passion and recruits being able to see they can make a difference and that will help the future. We are in the same situation, they just have a worse team

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Just so tired of losing to rivals and losing winnable games. Just. So. Tired. 

Careful. That’s historically been our coach killer post😎. But yes, we all are.

Edited by auburnatl1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Peyton showed me something today . Glad he competed and didn’t look scared.

Hopefully he rides that confidence into Baton Rouge. These receivers have got to get their heads in the game too, no excuse for as many dropped passes as they had. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yep. uga overrate big time. But with their weak schedule, they may not lose a game.

They will when it really matters eventually due to their cream puff schedule 

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

For everyone complaining about moral victories in the game thread, when was the last time you were invested in an Auburn game against a ranked opponent in the fourth quarter? Much less the #1 team. Pull your head out and give this team time before you demand we beat the best team in the country. Most of us going into this year wanted to win 7 and be conpetitive in the rest, and we get a glimpse of that and y'all whine and complain. This was a major step forward, and a huge recruiting win with all those in attendance and the place rocking the whole game. 

It's been a long time. Previous teams the past few years would have quit, or just flat out been unprepared.