Biden Does About Face On Border Wall

Well looky here. After three years of criticizing Trump's border wall, Biden and his inept administration have done an about face on the will and will now construct 20 miles of wall along the border. Unfortunately this comes after severe damage has been done to our country and a lot of the material already there sold off. Add to that and the Dem Mayor of NY (Adams) is at the border today pleading with refugees to come in. But naturally the Dems say it's all the GOP's fault. Biden, Harris, Majorcas, etc, should all be impeached.

Biden in 2020 Vowed No Wall Construction During His Admin | Newsmax.com

• Like 1

Well, actually, Congress pushed money for this. White House had no options. It's not like WH actually wanted to do this. They had no choice due to Congress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Well, actually, Congress pushed money for this. White House had no options. It's not like WH actually wanted to do this. They had no choice due to Congress.

The SCOTUS said it is illegal to forgive student loans w/o Congresse’s approval and Biden is still attempting to forgive loans.  Find another excuse.   “Walls don’t work, but I’m being pressed by Dem mayors across the land to do something so I’ll blame it on the Republicans”.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Practical decision or, political decision?

It was a political decision that was also practical.  The disingenuous part is that Biden had to disregard 26 laws to comply with having to do something he didn’t want to do and thinks is not effective.

Bottom line is he broke one of his most ardent campaign promises and tries to deflect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It was a political decision that was also practical.  The disingenuous part is that Biden had to disregard 26 laws to comply with having to do something he didn’t want to do and thinks is not effective.

Bottom line is he broke one of his most ardent campaign promises and tries to deflect.

Disagree.  If it is a bad promise,,, break it. 

Is it a good decision?

IMHO, it is not because,,, it does nothing to address the cause.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Disagree.  If it is a bad promise,,, break it. 

Is it a good decision?

IMHO, it is not because,,, it does nothing to address the cause.

He did break it, but reluctantly and not wholeheartedly.

He has had over two years to address the cause.  He even sent Kamala to South American countries to discuss the causes.  What every policies came out of those meetings hasn’t worked.  One can only conclude this administration hasn’t a clue how to address the cause.

The issue could have been two pronged by protecting the border (build the wall) while addressing the cause.  Now it is an issue that even Biden can’t escape.

Why don’t you apply for Mayorkas’ position?  I understand it could be open.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He did break it, but reluctantly and not wholeheartedly.

He has had over two years to address the cause.  He even sent Kamala to South American countries to discuss the causes.  What every policies came out of those meetings hasn’t worked.  One can only conclude this administration hasn’t a clue how to address the cause.

The issue could have been two pronged by protecting the border (build the wall) while addressing the cause.  Now it is an issue that even Biden can’t escape.

I disagree that he doesnt know how to address it. Im beginning to think this administration (and others before it even) want this result. When in doubt, dont look at just someones actions or inaction to deduce motive, but the continued result over the last few decades or more.

The fix is to close the border and start enforcing the laws on the books. But ICE has been turned into a glorified travel agency, even giving transportation to illegal immigrants to states of their choosing. Bidens action up to this point seem to indicate a desire to stoke this situation, not diffuse it.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

27 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I disagree that he doesnt know how to address it. Im beginning to think this administration (and others before it even) want this result. When in doubt, dont look at just someones actions or inaction to deduce motive, but the continued result over the last few decades or more.

The fix is to close the border and start enforcing the laws on the books. But ICE has been turned into a glorified travel agency, even giving transportation to illegal immigrants to states of their choosing. Bidens action up to this point seem to indicate a desire to stoke this situation, not diffuse it.

This administration has read the book *1984* as a brilliant way to further their view of America.  Mayorkas has, under oath, said that the border is secure.  His definition of secure is having information on the illegal immigrants, setting up a court date years in the future and letting them go.  So yes, Biden is doing exactly what he wants to do on the border.

Biden has said he wants to follow the law which basically means he will follow the laws he wants to follow.  26 federal laws are being stomped on just to build this 20 miles of wall.  Therefore, this is just a photo op for the Dem Mayors that have complained.  If Biden was serious about *fixing* the problem he would have stopped catch and release and reinstated remain in Mexico.

This latest action, hopefully, will convince people that Biden needs to be replaced for the good of America.  He has an agenda that is not putting American citizens anywhere near the top of his priorities.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Where are all the Biden bots? In hiding?

fifty will be here with a whataboutism soon.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

One can only conclude this administration hasn’t a clue how to address the cause.

Or,,, any other for that matter.  Partisan politics has "poisoned this well".

• Like 1

The ultimate answers lie in humanitarian efforts, not punitive or, enforcement efforts.

WE made a mess in many of these countries.  WE do not want to clean up our mess.

Edited by icanthearyou

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Or,,, any other for that matter.  Partisan politics has "poisoned this well".

We do have a tendency to kick the can down the road on a lot of items that need attention.

Building a Berlin Wall across the entire southern border is not a solution, even if it has armed towers along the way manned by brigades of neo-nazi fascists. They'll just come in by other means -- boat, plane, tunnel, different border

Europe is also experiencing the same sort of problem with migrants trying to escape Syria, Iran, Turkey, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc.

These migrants are desperate to escape crushing poverty, relentless violence, class warfare, drug cartels, hoping for a better life. Most of them are willing to work at jobs that Americans will not do or cannot do -- field work, sweatbox factories, hard labor.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Building a Berlin Wall across the entire southern border is not a solution, even if it has armed towers along the way manned by brigades of neo-nazi fascists. They'll just come in by other means -- boat, plane, tunnel, different border

Europe is also experiencing the same sort of problem with migrants trying to escape Syria, Iran, Turkey, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc.

These migrants are desperate to escape crushing poverty, relentless violence, class warfare, drug cartels, hoping for a better life. Most of them are willing to work at jobs that Americans will not do or cannot do -- field work, sweatbox factories, hard labor.

In a financialized economy, there will not be as many of those types of "opportunities". 

Our economy becomes less about real productivity and, more about finance everyday.  That sort of labor isn't needed or respected,,, unfortunately.

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Those with real power in this country are not interested in what is right, what is just.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

In a financialized economy, there will not be as many of those types of "opportunities". 

Our economy becomes less about real productivity and, more about finance everyday.  That sort of labor isn't needed or respected,,, unfortunately.

Not true. I'm very familiar with California harvest seasons. I am also very familiar with Alabama harvest seasons. They just cannot function without migrant labor. American people just will not or cannot do the work.

I'm cognizant of the extremist right wing, racist neo-nazi component, who give my posts red down-thumbs. They have their say. I have mine.  As for these extremist wingnuts is ..... hahahaha You be da morons in da happy bowl of retards. hahaha

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 11:07 PM, AURex said:

They could have done the same thing they did for the last 4-5 years and point to the 26 Laws and shrug their shoulders. What changed was Democrat Mayors screaming at DC and the WH that they could no longer take more immigrants. THAT is why we got here. The 26 Laws were doing their jobs for years stopping building the wall.

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This administration has read the book *1984* as a brilliant way to further their view of America.  Mayorkas has, under oath, said that the border is secure.  His definition of secure is having information on the illegal immigrants, setting up a court date years in the future and letting them go.  So yes, Biden is doing exactly what he wants to do on the border.

Biden has said he wants to follow the law which basically means he will follow the laws he wants to follow.  26 federal laws are being stomped on just to build this 20 miles of wall.  Therefore, this is just a photo op for the Dem Mayors that have complained.  If Biden was serious about *fixing* the problem he would have stopped catch and release and reinstated remain in Mexico.

This latest action, hopefully, will convince people that Biden needs to be replaced for the good of America.  He has an agenda that is not putting American citizens anywhere near the top of his priorities.  

But that would mean going with a working policy that trump somehow bumped into. The problem on the Left is TDS. They cannot ever be seen to admit that trump was right about anything. So we play this pansy-ass BS game of "suddenly refusing to enforce 26 laws" and claiming that they then must spend the money. Well, that will work until the money runs out and then they will of course spend more money because it is what their mayors want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

But that would mean going with a working policy that trump somehow bumped into. The problem on the Left is TDS. They cannot ever be seen to admit that trump was right about anything. So we play this pansy-ass BS game of "suddenly refusing to enforce 26 laws" and claiming that they then must spend the money. Well, that will work until the money runs out and then they will of course spend more money because it is what their mayors want.

We need a divorce from Biden and Trump. I fear it will not happen.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

We need a divorce from Biden and Trump. I fear it will not happen.

That is my whole point. As long as these clowns are the nominees, we get a crap sandwich option. 

• Like 1