Biden Does About Face On Border Wall

On 10/6/2023 at 11:42 AM, KansasTiger said:

I disagree that he doesnt know how to address it. Im beginning to think this administration (and others before it even) want this result. When in doubt, dont look at just someones actions or inaction to deduce motive, but the continued result over the last few decades or more.

The fix is to close the border and start enforcing the laws on the books. But ICE has been turned into a glorified travel agency, even giving transportation to illegal immigrants to states of their choosing. Bidens action up to this point seem to indicate a desire to stoke this situation, not diffuse it.

There is no open border.  By law, when someone applies for asylum, they must be given a hearing and representation.  Change the law and change the process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

There is no open border.  By law, when someone applies for asylum, they must be given a hearing and representation.  Change the law and change the process.

Was the stay in Mexico policy unlawful?  Doesn’t this *law* require the illegal immigrant set foot in the US first.  Is the incentive for asylum seekers to break the law?  The border is open.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

And they can apply and given a date while they reside elsewhere. This is the law.  

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Change the law and change the process.

That would require leaders who are competent  and care about governing. Ours are enamored with ‘nanny nanny boo boo’ and acting like petulant children. We’re interested in stonewalling, name calling, executive orders, impeaching, and investigating. 

On 10/6/2023 at 11:42 AM, KansasTiger said:

The fix is to close the border and start enforcing the laws on the books.

That’s been the fix for the last 40 years. While Biden has been an abysmal failure on the border, both parties have enjoyed periods of control of both the White House and Congress and have been unable to do that simple fix. I keep saying it because I keep believing it: there is more power and money in having the problem than in fixing it. 

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

That would require leaders who are competent  and care about governing. Ours are enamored with ‘nanny nanny boo boo’ and acting like petulant children. We’re interested in stonewalling, name calling, executive orders, impeaching, and investigating. 

Interesteing: the only President that has controlled the border while the laws could be changed was impeached.  Biden, in his first day of authoritarianism, overturned the policies that actually worked.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interesteing: the only President that has controlled the border while the laws could be changed was impeached.  Biden, in his first day of authoritarianism, overturned the policies that actually worked.

Trumps impeachment began well after he surrendered the super majority he was elected with. Whataboutism wont work here. “Policies” aren’t the same as laws. That’s why the border isn’t fixed. Policies and executive orders go out the window fast. Thus my point. Reagan 8 years, Bush 4 years, Clinton 8 years, Bush Jr 8 years, Obama 8 years, Trump 4 years. Many of those years one party controlled both the House and Senate. BOTH parties have had ample time to fix the problem. Neither has. Not in a permanent and tangible way. Because they both have reasons for not really wanting to fix it. We agree that Biden has been a disaster.  

Edited by Gowebb11

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Trumps impeachment began well after he surrendered the super majority he was elected with. Whataboutism wont work here. “Policies” aren’t the same as laws.

Trump blew his first two years by not bring the Republicans together to get things done.  That is on him.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Because they both have reasons for not really wanting to fix it.

The American public are not po’ed enough yet, hopefully soon.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1