2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

7 hours ago, Paladin said:

image.png

GAxkjFuXkAAekM8.jpg

image.png

Has some good taste. USC jr had a couple studs WRs (one I’ve seen mocked as a first rounder) and Louisville had one of the best receiver talents this year in Jamari Thrash before he got hurt 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

A mid season firing is possible and if they follow Auburn’s lead we will see an AD search and hiring before that happens.  I believe I read that Napier’s buyout is around $32 million which won’t be a problem, so this year is going to be a ride for the Gators.

I wouldn’t think a mid season hiring is even possible for them.  It will be a bigger rebuild than Auburn’s situation.

ETA:  their class is falling apart and I hope we can pick up a few from them.

Not only do they have to buy out Napier, but that massive staff of his, but UF has the money.  Question is what will they have left to hire a new staff they deem elite enough for UF?  They might end up in a Texas A&M situation where they don’t break the bank for both.  

And yes, I think most UF fans think Stricklin will be fired as well.  

Their fans are also attacking Etienne and his family on social media.  They are a full on dumpster fire right now.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Not only do they have to buy out Napier, but that massive staff of his, but UF has the money.  Question is what will they have left to hire a new staff they deem elite enough for UF?  They might end up in a Texas A&M situation where they don’t break the bank for both.  

And yes, I think most UF fans think Stricklin will be fired as well.  

Their fans are also attacking Etienne and his family on social media.  They are a full on dumpster fire right now.  

Yeah I'm loving it here in central FL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Came from Georgia St. originally.

Yep - there’s typically some REAL skill position talent in the G5. I think some of us may have sour tastes after Shorter, Hooks, etc, but someone like Lacy from South Alabama or Tony Horton from Colorado St (don’t think he’s in the portal) would be good anywhere. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

His former Oline coach is now an analyst at Auburn, Darren Hiller.  Hopefully that helps get him here.  

That's how we got him to visit so quickly.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@alabastertiger Transfer, juco, or high school?

Also who is he you are referring to?

this "Bedford was impressed with his Auburn visit.. He will take at least one more visit and then hopes to have a decision soon after Christmas.."

3 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

this "Bedford was impressed with his Auburn visit.. He will take at least one more visit and then hopes to have a decision soon after Christmas.."

@alabastertiger Colorado per 247.

24 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Who’s confirmed to be visiting this weekend? 

@TAYLORKEETON For transfers

OL Gerquan Scott (USM)
WR Robert Lewis (Georgia St)
DT Derrick Harmon (Mich St)
OT Makylan Pounders (Memphis)

• Thanks 1

$$$$

I hope we can out bid anyone who is interested in those OTs and the  DL!!

we also need the UF DL;  Indiana OL; Vandy WR; USA WR!!!!

Edited by AUY2K

I am just thinking out loud here.......Isn't it imperative that whomever we get in the portal now or at ENSD, that they be January arrivals.  Or as many as possible, at least.  They need to go through spring practice and get on the same page.  Offensively more than defensively.  We have to be able to generate more offense than we did last year.  PT will likely be our QB1, given he is a year into the system and the fact that he began to show signs of figuring out the read-option better by years end.  With better WR's play (route-running, and catching the ball) and pass blocking, my hope is that our passing will improve.  I know the coaches are aware that we can't have a repeat in the passing game from this past season.  I expect it will be better.  

Even if we get a portal QB, he will be new to the system and will have to show that he can pick things up quick and also be accurate with ball to have a chance at being QB1.   I think that is a tall order and doubtful, even for a Leonard or Ward type QB.  Regardless, if they don't come in the spring, they likely will be relegated to QB2.  Having said that, PT has to be ready to go from January on.  He has to be that leader that is going to get the offense moving forward.  He can't be passive and quiet.  He has to lead.

I figure our first portal add/adds will come tomorrow night or Monday morning.  We will get a few more trickle in over the course of the week and through next weekend.  Some will wait until the 20th.  Freeze knows that spring availability is important for whomever AU gets, so for the most part, he is looking for those that fit in that category more than the ones that will not arrive until the summer.  Not to say we want take some of those, but earlier the better.  I don't see us picking up more than 3-5 for the LNSD and 2 Portal window.

Thoughts?  Am I way off base here?  Again, thinking out loud only to pass the time while we wait on news.

12 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Having said that, PT has to be ready to go from January on.  He has to be that leader that is going to get the offense moving forward.  He can't be passive and quiet.  He has to lead.

He must have some great leadership qualities. The players voted him team captain even though he was a first year guy here.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

I am just thinking out loud here.......Isn't it imperative that whomever we get in the portal now or at ENSD, that they be January arrivals.  Or as many as possible, at least.  They need to go through spring practice and get on the same page.  Offensively more than defensively.  We have to be able to generate more offense than we did last year.  PT will likely be our QB1, given he is a year into the system and the fact that he began to show signs of figuring out the read-option better by years end.  With better WR's play (route-running, and catching the ball) and pass blocking, my hope is that our passing will improve.  I know the coaches are aware that we can't have a repeat in the passing game from this past season.  I expect it will be better.  

Even if we get a portal QB, he will be new to the system and will have to show that he can pick things up quick and also be accurate with ball to have a chance at being QB1.   I think that is a tall order and doubtful, even for a Leonard or Ward type QB.  Regardless, if they don't come in the spring, they likely will be relegated to QB2.  Having said that, PT has to be ready to go from January on.  He has to be that leader that is going to get the offense moving forward.  He can't be passive and quiet.  He has to lead.

I figure our first portal add/adds will come tomorrow night or Monday morning.  We will get a few more trickle in over the course of the week and through next weekend.  Some will wait until the 20th.  Freeze knows that spring availability is important for whomever AU gets, so for the most part, he is looking for those that fit in that category more than the ones that will not arrive until the summer.  Not to say we want take some of those, but earlier the better.  I don't see us picking up more than 3-5 for the LNSD and 2 Portal window.

Thoughts?  Am I way off base here?  Again, thinking out loud only to pass the time while we wait on news.

Agree completely. We need transfers we take here for spring. 

Just now, Mikey said:

He must have some great leadership qualities. The players voted him team captain even though he was a first year guy here.

Let's hope he understands the importance of asserting himself as that vocal leader and push everyone on the offensive side of the ball.  I think he does and as a result, we will see improvement across the board.  We shall see.

• Like 2

Unfortunately we're still in a position where we have to take the best available players for our needs whether that's before spring or after. Hopefully next year we can be a little more selective.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roe4christ said:

@roe4christ If we get any transfers this coming week it likely won't be more than a 2-3 at most. Remember most of these transfers have other schools they want to see. As for transfers waiting til the 20th, remember they don't have to sign anything. They can just enroll in January at thei school of choice. With us looking to add 12-13 transfers total I'm not sure how it will break down from the 1st to the 2nd window. Obviously earlier would be better.