can we finally put the qb controversy to rest?

aubiefifty

i hadda do it...................and i love robster but then i love all our kids.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i hadda do it...................and i love robster but then i love all our kids.

LOL - I thought we had more of a Monday morning QB controversy, I'm glad that has subsided for the moment and happy to see CHF is pushing back on the noise.

But be ready, it will only take one INT...giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952v2dplm3tub3csij8nj

52 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Please elaborate since you are an insider. 

He was just kidding. What he meant to say was, “Hugh Freeze sux!” 
That better…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maryland tiger said:

Please elaborate since you are an insider. 

Anybody catch the AUSports podcast this week?  They were dumping on Ashford…said he was pouting after the victory on Saturday bc he barely played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUApostle said:

Anybody catch the AUSports podcast this week?  They were dumping on Ashford…said he was pouting after the victory on Saturday bc he barely played.

That may be true.  I don’t like it if that’s accurate. 

1 hour ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I would agree with half of this statement.  I am a Robby fan to be fair but I agree he has not been developed appropriately.  

He has been developed as much as he can be developed at the QB position.  4 years HS+4 years college.   How many more years before someone realizes that maybe this is not the position for me?!   

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

He has been developed as much as he can be developed at the QB position.  4 years HS+4 years college.   How many more years before someone realizes that maybe this is not the position for me?!   

He is redshirt sophomore.  That isn’t 4 years of college.  I will say this…he has not progressed over what he was last year.  Regressed to be honest.  Who does that fall on?

Edited by Dwayne Pride

1 hour ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I would agree with half of this statement.  I am a Robby fan to be fair but I agree he has not been developed appropriately.  

As a mature person? That’s not his coaches responsibility; it’s his parents.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

As a mature person? That’s not his coaches responsibility; it’s his parents.

No argument there.  I was talking about as a player.  

To be fair, I have not witnessed him pouting or sulking about not playing.  I know his mother has a social media presence but until someone can produce something, I have no reason to question his maturity. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

He is redshirt sophomore.  That isn’t 4 years of college.  I will say this…he has not progressed over what he was last year.  Regressed to be honest.  Who does that fall on?

RA spent 2 years at Oregon and this is his 2nd at Auburn.   That’s 4 years in college in my book.   The covid year stuff has even given him more years to play.   

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

RA spent 2 years at Oregon and this is his 2nd at Auburn.   That’s 4 years in college in my book.   The covid year stuff has even given him more years to play.   

I stand corrected.  

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:56 PM, AUY2K said:

RA has not matured and is not a team player.

This violates board rules. Not allowed to make character attacks on players, especially not unfounded ones.

“A rule we have always had in place here is that nobody bashes the players.  This rule has been in effect for well over 20 years and remains in effect. 

Some here seem to think it’s ok to take personal shots at them since "they are getting paid now.”  Let this be a reminder that at it is NEVER OK to bash players on these forums.  This extends to EVERY sport and NIL does not negate it.

Keep negative remarks about players about play on the field/court.  There’s a difference in saying a player isn’t getting the job done or they aren’t an SEC caliber player vs calling them a loser POS or saying they suck. 

Admins and Mods will edit posts as necessary at their discretion and warnings (including suspensions and bans) are possible for habitual offenders.”

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

if you need the 2 QB approach to beat Vanderbilt, Arkansas or whoever we play before Bama, you may need a new coach man. 

Nothing I saw makes me think they won't need Ashford in a somewhat realistic capacity against Bama, and I only add that qualifier because of how Thorne has generally played against real pass rushes. The problem is that they'd prob just bring RA to run and he'd get ate alive too, so. 

But to answer the thread, yeah, he'll be perfectly fine against those scrubs by himself

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

Arkys have a lot more talent than Vandy or NM State. I keep thinking they'll have a breakout game against someone. Just hope it's not us. In preseason many were saying Razorbacks had the best QB in the SEC.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, autan said:

Arkys have a lot more talent than Vandy or NM State. I keep thinking they'll have a breakout game against someone. Just hope it's not us. In preseason many were saying Razorbacks had the best QB in the SEC.

Their game in the Swamp this weekend is critical. If Arky can steal a win, we will see a motivated team trying to save their season at home. If they lose, they will likely be done and we will be playing in a half filled stadium. Hoping for the latter. More importantly, I’m hoping we have a blowout vs Vandy and continue to build our offense. 

• Like 1

Fans are fanatic and dramatic. Controversy lives in that place. As soon as one qb doesn’t play well our fans will shout “why didn’t we play the other qb”.

Therefore, the answer is NO. 

11 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

This violates board rules. Not allowed to make character attacks on players, especially not unfounded ones.

“A rule we have always had in place here is that nobody bashes the players.  This rule has been in effect for well over 20 years and remains in effect. 

Some here seem to think it’s ok to take personal shots at them since "they are getting paid now.”  Let this be a reminder that at it is NEVER OK to bash players on these forums.  This extends to EVERY sport and NIL does not negate it.

Keep negative remarks about players about play on the field/court.  There’s a difference in saying a player isn’t getting the job done or they aren’t an SEC caliber player vs calling them a loser POS or saying they suck. 

Admins and Mods will edit posts as necessary at their discretion and warnings (including suspensions and bans) are possible for habitual offenders.”

There is a difference, and no one is saying RA is a "loser POS."

No rational person on this board would ever think a player is a bad person unless they commit a crime like hitting a woman or something. Robby Ashford has shown he does not have the makings of QB1 at the SEC level. He has shown poor body language, inability to take criticism, and lacks self-awareness at times. His comments after the OM loss were embarrassing.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, woodford said:

No rational person on this board would ever think a player is a bad person unless they commit a crime like hitting a woman or something. Robby Ashford has shown he does not have the makings of QB1 at the SEC level. He has shown poor body language, inability to take criticism, and lacks self-awareness at times. His comments after the OM loss were embarrassing.

Not an Auburn player but I think Jermaine Burton is a horrible human being. Oh yeah, he hit a woman.  He also kicked a defender after his first TD against UT.  Never a word.  

23 minutes ago, woodford said:

You also assume people that post her are rational.  Pollyanna, is that you?

7 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

You also assume people that post her are rational.  Pollyanna, is that you?

just ask him how big a boy he is..........i have known woodford for over twenty years and let me say he IS the authority on this board and you would do well to remember  this..................