• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, AUx said:

image.png.6ec70f9b5aa0f1db65f51db30201f092.png

You might be right ... 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Did you see the stat that AU was second in the nation for fewest drops?!?

Thats a lot of bad pass catching!

That’s because we prolly throw it a lot less.  

Edited by Swamp Eagle

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Did you see the stat that AU was second in the nation for fewest drops?!?

Thats a lot of bad pass catching!

It also had beside it (3), we have had more than 3 drops this year lol

As rough as it’s looked, we are 5 plays away from a blow out. Vandy muffed twice, and we should’ve been given the recover on both of them. We dropped a TD pass. That chop block before half erased a TD. And that decision to throw out of the end zone and the bad read by Thorne is there only points. You are looking at potentially 35-0 if those plays go our way. Not a huge fan of coaches but chewing unless it is a focus issue or selfishness. We aren’t focused. Hopefully that gets fixed at half.

• Like 1

Just now, ScotsAU said:

As rough as it’s looked, we are 5 plays away from a blow out. Vandy muffed twice, and we should’ve been given the recover on both of them. We dropped a TD pass. That chop block before half erased a TD. And that decision to throw out of the end zone and the bad read by Thorne is there only points. You are looking at potentially 35-0 if those plays go our way. Not a huge fan of coaches but chewing unless it is a focus issue or selfishness. We aren’t focused. Hopefully that gets fixed at half.

It truly is not as close as the scoreboard shows. We are clearly the better team. We clean up the slop and stupidity and we are blowing the out by halftime. That’s what makes this so frustration. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUx said:

As bad as it is, it would be exponentially more infuriating if we were aTm level of underachievement WITH that talent. And having to suffer Jimbospeak. I don't hate it for them.

I despise logic that relegates us to a lower standard. That tells the real story.

20 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

fairweather just doen't even TRY to go for the catch or at least become a defender there... just watch the DB almost catch it.... same on the pick six

His measurables will get him drafted.   But he hasn’t lived up to my expectations.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

It truly is not as close as the scoreboard shows. We are clearly the better team. We clean up the slop and stupidity and we are blowing the out by halftime. 

If wishes and buts were candy and nuts…..

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Agreed. Didn’t expect much over .500, but also didn’t expect to look this bad along the way. This is game 9, and we look like we trot out there for game 1 every week.

It’s weird though. Offense has been super underwhelming. But if you take away LSU, we lost the other 3 games by 17, 7 and 7. 

I think everyone assumed that we would lose this season in shootouts, but we ended up being way better on defense and way worse on offense and it’s confusing everyone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Guess what? We are winning in spite of the missed opportunities/ drops/ pick six.We win this and we are on the way to at least a 7 win season. It doesn’t matter how we get there it will be considered a successful season, would it not?

I hear what you’re saying, but winning in spite of our ineptitude isn’t the way I want us to win football games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

How many 1st down plays have we had?

That is my biggest gripe with the offensive coaching. When we throw on first down we are usually much more successful. Freeze needs an analyst that can see this crap. 

We were 2 for 5 throwing on first down but I know J Johnson dropped one,  I think the ball through Battie's hands was on first.