*Official Auburn vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread*

abw0004

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

2 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Um....it is a win. Its more practices to get our $h!z together.

Normally I would agree, but I currently have very little faith in our OC our HC and our WR coach. I will admit when I’m wrong, but this currently looks far too similar to the GM offense, that nobody was fooled by at the end and even currently at UCF. Great to recruit good players, but if they aren’t put in position by coaches to be successful, recruiting becomes moot. Glad for a win on the road, but this O leaves a ton to be desired. Nobody is scared of AU. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Normally I would agree, but I currently have very little faith in our OC our HC and our WR coach. I will admit when I’m wrong, but this currently looks far too similar to the GM offense, that nobody was fooled by at the end and even currently at UCF. Great to recruit good players, but if they aren’t put in position by coaches to be successful, recruiting becomes moot. Glad for a win on the road, but this O leaves a ton to be desired. Nobody is scared of AU. 

So you'd rather them not have extra weeks of practices and one on one instruction from coaches for them to potentially improve? 🤔

Pretty defeatist mentality there seemingly.

Edited by WeaglWeaglWDE
  • Like 3

Nice SEC win on the road. This team is growing. It may not be as fast as some of you want, but we have to start somewhere. 

War Damn Eagle!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree completely its like GM all over again, maybe something will change in year 2..he is recruiting so that is a positive but was hoping to see better offense and just appears to be same ole, same ole...

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Good win.  Plenty to cleanup and improve but 1QB the full game.  Looks much better. Now maybe we can hit some fundamentals this week

You realize Week 11 of Auburn’s season is coming up and we’re trying to clean-up and hit some fundamentals? 

It’s much like being 60 years old and nearing retirement; if you ain’t got it by then, you ain’t gettin it.

5 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

They should beat Arky but not sure they will, I guess we will see...will be another slog...

You saw the same front 4 vs this squeaky QB tonight, correct? 

Now, think KJ Jefferson; yeah.

I’ll say it again. We could win out, beat Bama, and win a bowl game, and some of yall would be complaining that we didn’t score enough points in the Bama win.

Was it clean? No. Do we still have stuff to work on? Yes. But we won a game by 2 scores, and should’ve had 3 more (the two BS punt muff calls, and the hold on that last drive) if not for piss poor officiating. 

Keep working on penalties and dropped passes, and we have a real chance to go 8-5 or 9-4 this year. Huge after the hole Harsin left. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Average offensive players with below average coaching is what we have here. Which is disappointing because we were told Montgomery was a coach who could get a lot out of average players 

9 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

One of the worst officiated games I've seen. Is Auburn the only team that holds?

It didn’t feel like it because we won by multiple scores. But I think it’s definitely up there. I’d still put MSU 2014 and one of the late 2010 LSU games where we kept getting called for BS pass interference penalties ( I want to say it was 2018) as worse. But they took 3-4 scores away from us in this game, including what should’ve been a TD on the last drive. We get those scores and the final looks a lot better.

6 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I’ll say it again. We could win out, beat Bama, and win a bowl game, and some of yall would be complaining that we didn’t score enough points in the Bama win.

Was it clean? No. Do we still have stuff to work on? Yes. But we won a game by 2 scores, and should’ve had 3 more (the two BS punt muff calls, and the hold on that last drive) if not for piss poor officiating. 

Keep working on penalties and dropped passes, and we have a real chance to go 8-5 or 9-4 this year. Huge after the hole Harsin left. 

We are fans and can complain and argue. The AU fan base is sick of being a dump. Guys that have three years of D1 ball under the belt should play better. I understand what you are saying, but the team should be better at this point in the season. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

It’s a good thing your theory will NEVER prove out. Makes it easier to voice it.