2025 4* TE Ryan Ghea Commits to AU!

Paladin

Scouting Report - Ryan Ghea

EVALUATED 08/24/2023

Andrew Ivins DIRECTOR OF SCOUTING

A longer-limbed tight end prospect with soft hands and some in-line blocking experience. Measured roughly 6-foot-5, 230 pounds summer before junior season. Offers up a larger target for quarterbacks with his plus catch radius and does a solid job of tracking the football over his shoulders. Adequate route runner at this stage that can find holes in defenses and slip underneath coverage. Must eventually improve play strength, but has proven to be a rather spirited blocker on Friday nights and will do his best to seal off an edge or chip a pass rusher. Got varsity snaps as a sophomore in one of the Peach State’s higher classifications. Should be viewed as a potential starter at the Power Five level with developmental upside given measurables. Likely to find the most success in more of an attached role once he adds weight. Could add plenty of value for an offense in the red zone.

H.S. Athletic Background

Has also ran track at the prep level and also played both basketball and baseball.
----
2022: As a sophomore, caught 11 passes for 177 yards and TD. Helped Milton go 10-4 and make the semifinals of Georgia’s AAAAAAA playoffs.

Auburn making four-star TE feel like priority

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Staff

@CalebJ_Rivals

With his school using Tuesday as a remote learning day, Ryan Ghea took the opportunity to hit the road.

The four-star tight end and Auburn target traveled with his family to campus for the first time since September, to meet with coaches and observe a game-week practice. It was a beneficial trip for Ghea, who continues to build his relationship with the staff.

"Came over for practice just to be here again," Ghea said. "Just to keep building my relationship with Coach Ben (Aigamaua) and Coach (Hugh) Freeze and everybody just seeing practice today."

Ghea, 6-foot-5 and 205 pounds, is out of Alpharetta, Ga., and currently holds over 40 offers, most of which are from Power Five programs. His connections with the current Auburn staff go beyond their time on the Plains, as Hugh Freeze and Ben Aigamaua offered him while they were at Liberty.

When the staff arrived in Auburn, Ghea was one of the first 2025 recruits to pick up an offer.

"Definitely means a lot to me that Coach Ben would follow back up to me once he got a new job, and it feels like I’m a priority to them as a staff," Ghea said.

While on his Tuesday visit, Ghea observed a midweek practice, as Auburn prepares for a road trip to Arkansas.

"It was definitely great seeing them in action, seeing how they’re implementing their game plan for Arkansas early in the week and getting ready," Ghea said. "They could have played the game today I think with how prepared they are."

He paid close attention to the tight ends, citing their usage this season as part of Auburn's message to him.

"They’ve just been telling me how much that could be me out there playing," Ghea said. "Making all those plays and getting Jordan Hare loud on Saturdays. They’re gonna keep pushing me and try and get me here at Auburn."

Freeze met with Ghea and his family for nearly half an hour one-on-one. It made it abundantly clear that he's a priority for the Tigers, and he holds the head coach in high regards.

"I think he’s a great coach, great guy, great family man and he’s turning this program back to what it ultimately should be," Ghea said.

When it comes to other programs in the mix for him, Michigan, Ohio State, Miami, Wisconsin and Penn State all stick out. What keeps bringing him back to Auburn, though?

"It’s definitely their TE usage, their education, how it’s the closest to home and how I feel once I get on campus," Ghea said.

A return for the Iron Bowl is possible, but he's focused on Milton's playoff run right now.

12 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Who was the running back we got from Milton? Payton Barber?

Yes, Barber played at Milton.

• Thanks 2

Auburn lands commitment from 2025 Top247 TE Ryan Ghea

Ghea is the sixth addition to Auburn's 2025 class.

Christian Clemente3 mins

While Ryan Ghea recently said that he planned to wait to make a decision until February, the Top247 tight end in the 2025 class didn’t need to wait any longer.

Ghea, ranked as the No. 234 player and No. 12 tight end, announced his commitment to Auburn on Sunday. From Milton (Ga.), Ghea is ranked as the No. 29 player from Georgia in his recruiting class.

"It’s definitely their tight end usage, their education, they’re closest to home and how I feel once I get on campus," Ghea said after his most recent visit to campus.

The Milton product is commitment No. 6 for Auburn early in the 2025 cycle, pushing the Tigers up to the No. 5 class in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings. Ghea is joined on offense by offensive tackle Spencer Dowland, with defensive lineman Jourdin Crawford and Malik Autry, edge rusher Jakaleb Faulk and safety Kendarius Reddick the rest of the class.

Ghea is listed at 6-foot-5 and over 231 pounds, as he quickly became a top priority for Ben Aigamaua, Freeze and the Auburn staff in the next cycle.

“It means a lot to me. It means once again that I am a priority to them and they think that I can be a part of their program and make an impact,” Ghea said. “I think he’s (Freeze) a great coach, great guy, great family man and he’s turning this program back to where it should be."

Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin were Ghea’s other finalists.

The message from the Auburn staff over the past couple of months has been clear.

"They’ve been telling me how much that could be me out there playing and making all those plays and getting Jordan-Hare loud on Saturdays," Ghea said. "They keep pushing me and getting me here at Auburn."

And now, the message is welcome aboard.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

This recruiting thing is like shooting fish and a barrel !

IMG_3090.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Zeek changed the title to 2025 4* TE Ryan Ghea Commits to AU!

I have the maturity and humor of a 11 year old!!! 😂😂 sorrrrrrry lol 

IMG_5873.gif

IMG_5874.gif

Atlanta has a lot of talent.   CBP has taken his fair share from there.    CHF might as well join in.    Love reading the comment about CHF being a family man.  An injured Tiger is a very dangerous animal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jluvah said:

How many tight ends does a team need?

We will have abunch graduated by the time he is here.

45 minutes ago, jluvah said:

How many tight ends does a team need?

Seriously?!?

Gus got us to being TE U before he left.  Didn't he have, like, 9 of them on schollie?

Pretty sure he counted them towards OL recruiting, right along with LSeers.

• Like 1