Connor Lew

LPTiger

I remember thinking, “The snaps have been pretty good today. No jumping around by the QBs to get the snap.”

Then I hear the announcers discuss this was his first start.
It makes a huge difference.

Coincidentally, we have won every game he started. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I remember thinking, “The snaps have been pretty good today. No jumping around by the QBs to get the snap.”

Then I hear the announcers discuss this was his first start.
It makes a huge difference.

Coincidentally, we have won every game he started. 

Third, I believe he started against State and Vandy as well. 

Just now, Dwayne Pride said:

Third, I believe he started against State and Vandy as well. 

I was talking about the MSU game. That’s when I noticed the snaps on point. 
I did not realize he started that game until they said it. I just noticed something better about the snaps.

Just now, CCTAU said:

I was talking about the MSU game. That’s when I noticed the snaps on point. 
I did not realize he started that game until they said it. I just noticed something better about the snaps.

Word.  You have to be explicit.  I am not a mind reader.  

Just now, Dwayne Pride said:

Word.  You have to be explicit.  I am not a mind reader.  

My wife says the same thing. But after almost thirty years, you’d think she would pick up on a few clues.

• Haha 2

I think it was Britton who said he came to AU and saw the physical specimen that Lew is as a true freshman and said to himself "now I know why I was a 2 star."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, CCTAU said:

My wife says the same thing. But after almost thirty years, you’d think she would pick up on a few clues.

You hear your wife when she says stuff?

• Haha 3

Just now, CCTAU said:

We’ve only known each other over a message board or a couple of message boards over the past 20 or so and I constantly change names so cut me a break. 

20 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

We’ve only known each other over a message board or a couple of message boards over the past 20 or so and I constantly change names so cut me a break. 

I can’t help it you are so dang old you can’t remember your own name! 😊

11 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I have issues.  

Chris Hodges at Church of the Highlands "we all have issues, everyone of us.   If you think you don't issues, that's your issue."

• Like 4

11 hours ago, LPTiger said:

How great has it been seeing a true freshman settle in at center and excel?    It is the 2nd most important position on the offense, and this young man has stepped up in a big way.    Muskrat played a lot of snaps today as well.   Future is looking good!!! 

Great post. The last few great centers that have anchored the AU line got us to Sec championships and Nattys. Dismukes, the transfer guy who snapped for Stidham, and the center in 2010 who is now an Oline coach in D1. Guys I can’t remember their names. Lew is the first building block to a contender 

• Like 1

👍 Ryan Pugh from Hoover in 2010.  He won multiple state heavyweight wrestling championships in HS.   He started for 4 years at AU.   How was the pork belly?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

👍 Ryan Pugh from Hoover in 2010.  He won multiple state heavyweight wrestling championships in HS.   He started for 4 years at AU.   How was the pork belly?

That’s right . It turned out great. Did 3 a sauce with 3 types of bbq sauce.  My wife and I enjoyed it.  I consumed most of it lol . I purchased a new Recteq 1200 Dual Fire and I am working it hard .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

People forget that our 2004 undefeated had 270 pound a walk on center: Jeremy  Ingle if I recall correctly. After him Joe Cope. Good times. (Dang I’m old. I can’t remember where I put my eyeglasses but I can recall these things with ease) 😅

• Haha 2

Props to the coaches for rotating a lot of oline early season.  The experience across all 5 positions had paid off and allowed Lew to explode here late season.

what coaching staff rotates oline like we did earlier this year?

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 11:17 AM, Win4AU said:

Lew is literally the foundation of the rebuild.  Need 4 more just like him on the line.  

This is so true.  Lew has done an absolutely AMAZING job as a center.  To step in and fill those shoes is great for anyone, to do it as a true freshman in SEC play is what makes it AMAZING!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, meh130 said:

When considering great Auburn centers, don’t forget four year starter Ben Tamburello.

He was certainly one of the best!!!

• Like 1