2 coaches fired from 1 game

alabastertiger

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen 2 coaches get let go after playing each other.   Maybe Jimbo and ATM didn't beat State bad enough or something like that.   My mark my words prediction was that Jimbo would be fired after we beat him, but that would have been one heck of a mark my word, Jimbo will be fired after beating state badly.

11 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen 2 coaches get let go after playing each other.   Maybe Jimbo and ATM didn't beat State bad enough or something like that.   My mark my words prediction was that Jimbo would be fired after we beat him, but that would have been one heck of a mark my word, Jimbo will be fired after beating state badly.

Per the AD for TAMU, the decision to fire Jimbo was made after the ole miss loss last week. They finalized it Thursday, but didn’t want to announce it and screw up their game against MSU. 
The loss for MSU certainly had an impact on their decision, but I’m betting it was already planned before that as well. It could’ve been a feel good story if he succeeded. But he was clearly in over his head. The decision to move aggressively to a pro offense with such spread personnel was a massive error. (We saw the same thing happen with Loeffler in 2012. You can’t just flip a switch and go pro style. You have to steadily transition.) Also, MSU is never a recruiting giant, but they are ranked 44th right now. Leach and Mullen had them pretty consistently in the 20s.

According to Arkansas boards, Pittman is also allegedly getting let go. No idea if it’s just wishful thinking versus grapevine reports from insiders. It’s just getting to be that time of the year. They used to let you finish out the season. But now that puts you in a rough position recruiting-wise with early signing day. We’ll likely see more transactions between now and next Monday.

Edited by ScotsAU

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

Mullen back to MSU?

God. I hope so. He admitted to hating recruiting. Oddly enough, a lot of MSU fans are calling for Gus.

Edited by ScotsAU

5 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

God. I hope so. He admitted to hating recruiting. Oddly enough, a lot of MSU fans are calling for Gus.

Sounds like Gus's agent is sniffing around for a raise again.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Sounds like Gus's agent is sniffing around for a raise again.

I mean I would. If I were Gus, I’d have no desire to take the MSU job. But the fact that their fans want me… I’d use it for a better contract with UCF.

I think Gus would be good for Arkansas, but I'm not sure Arkansas would be good for Gus.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I think Gus would be good for Arkansas, but I'm not sure Arkansas would be good for Gus.

I think Arkansas is the hardest job in the SEC. They don’t have the resources or recruiting base of other SEC schools, but fan expectations are on the level of Bama fans. If I were Gus, I’d stay away from Arkansas. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I think Arkansas is the hardest job in the SEC. They don’t have the resources or recruiting base of other SEC schools, but fan expectations are on the level of Bama fans. If I were Gus, I’d stay away from Arkansas. 

I dont know about bama expectations, but I might agree it's the hardest. Gorgeous area and campus, though. Dont get me wrong, Auburn's campus has its own magic due to my connection to it, but that whole Northwest Arkansas area is where I'd retire if I could.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Based on wut...

7 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Based on wut...

He was a successful high school coach in the Dallas Area. The Dallas area loves him. He is connected to high school football in upper Texas area. The current talent at aTm is far and above the talent at Colorado. If he were to come in the current roster would not transfer and he would attract loads of Texas talent over UT. aTm has far better facilities over Colorado. They also have deep pockets to provide him with what ever else he wants, which Colorado can not match. NIL money is not a problem for aTm. aTm would also love the publicity he provided, especially since UT is coming to the SEC next year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Mullen back to MSU?

Well, he sure does suck on College Football Final. He makes Joey Galloway look good.  Jesse Palmer was way better.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Well, he sure does suck on College Football Final. He makes Joey Galloway look good.  Jesse Palmer was way better.

I think he lost his job there. I haven’t seen him on the past few weeks.