2024 4* IOL Coen Echols (Texas A&M)

Paladin

I know that some of us don't necessarily see the connection between the Lord and sports.  So, notice the first sentence in this young man's announcement and then notice the last sentence.   We are blessed to have coaches at AU who love the Lord.  CHF, CBP and CBT all love the Lord and allow Him to be a part of the program.  That is a reason some of these kids (and all of their mommas, grand mommas and dads) are committing to us.   When you send your own flesh and blood away, you desperately want to believe someone is actively helping them in looking after all important aspects of their lives -- and for many, no aspect is more important than this one.    

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I just read an article that quotes Echols following the Iron Bowl -- "the crowd was unreal, they were so loud, I've never experienced anything like it.  I thought I was dreaming."   JABA. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shadow Tiger said:

We must be cheating again. 

Isn't it amazing how we can recruit on a level playing field with a staff that cares. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He goes from " trending to A@M " last nite to decommitting today 😃

Was he though... 

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Was he though... 

Somebody somewhere said something so it must be a surity, seriously.😐 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Was he though... 

Hmmm, I read it somewhere.  Don't see it now. Guess it got deleted. Don't matter to me if they were wrong. This would be a good pick up

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

If we can swing Echols, flip KJ and snag a possible reclassified Williams ..... I got nothing. I did see that Clemente put in a CB for the good guys on Echols along with Wiltfong on 247

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, PikesEagle said:

If we can swing Echols, flip KJ and snag a possible reclassified Williams ..... I got nothing. I did see that Clemente put in a CB for the good guys on Echols along with Wiltfong on 247

It’s over then for Echols

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wiltfong CB

A&M donors would have to give this kid’s family land in the deepest wells in the Middle East to undo a Wiltfong CB

Gotcha

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Was he though... 

If he wasn't T Reed likely doesn't use this gif of the Undertaker waking from the dead about the same time Echols decommitted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadow Tiger said:

We must be cheating again. 

I loved it when we were getting accused of that 

Amazing how this changes in 24 hours. Recruiting is crazy. I don’t see how the coaches keep up with it.

and yes, this would be a massive win. I love the OL commits !!!

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Feels like Bama's about to do it for Edwin.

Haven't we been after this guy a lot longer than bama? Maybe I'm wrong, but they're just swooping in for this guy after their first choice dumped them? 

24 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Haven't we been after this guy a lot longer than bama?

@yngwie1995 No. They started recruiting him before us but yes they have turned up the heat since they missed on Seaton.

• Like 1