NMSU Post mortem

TitanTiger

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Be interesting to see how Freeze handles the presser.

I hope he takes full responsibility.  He shouldn’t be able to blame anyone but the man in the mirror.  If he pushes it off on players, no respect. 

• Like 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Exactly this.  Nothing about this season suggests we're good enough to beat people by just showing up the way UGA, Bama and others can right now.  These guys got full of themselves and thought they could loaf their way to a win while having their minds on the Iron Bowl and got a rude awakening.  We are not that good.  Not yet anyway.

Who does that ultimately fall upon. 

• Like 1

Not really shocked. This is not a skilled talented team. When they aren't ready to play and they play a better than average team. This happens. Talented teams can have a let down and win comfortably.  AU is far from talented.  Not sure Thorne is the answer next yr. He has no help at the WR position.  I said it earlier this year. We have WY KY talent [ literally] and this is the result. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

What did he say?

A synopsis from Rivals:

*** As good as last week felt, and how good we played in all three phases, it was the complete opposite today. Very disappointing. Our university deserves a better effort than that.

***Did they discuss the fake punt? "Yep."

*** On practice this week: "Not as good (as last week), if we are being truthful. I thought Wednesday and Thursday were not up to par."

*** "I don't want to sit here and not give credit to New Mexico State. They had the right calls at the right times."

*** "You're not going to execute if you don't have great effort." Says the wide receivers were running routes in slow motion tonight. "There's nothing positive I can say about tonight."

*** Every critical moment it seems that Diego Pavia made a play.

*** Hugh mentions they had run just 15 plays at halftime and penalties hurt them in the running game.

*** On ensuring better practice this week: "It will test us. I hope this sits in the crawl of our stomach and makes us sick and reminds us in the future that you have to earn the right to win a game."

*** "It feels like a bad dream, but I've had those before."

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

It's useless to say fire Freeze. We've invested and will ride this out good or bad. I don't think Freeze is it. I don't think his recruiting is going to be as good as expected. He was an underwhelming hire that no other SEC program wanted. We approach every coaching search like "who wants to come here?" and then we hire someone no one wants...and we always get the same results. 

Stop paying top money for average coaches. Stop thinking there's a secret neato offensive scheme that's going to tip the balance. We hired another Gus Malzahn. Why?

I agree with every single word. 

• Like 3

@Farmer Brown I respect your down vote, but when you are barely bowl eligible and get STOMPED in your last two games (both at home) ...

Yes, I think Bama destroys us.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well I am expecting shocking results so we will see, if this is truly like Saban. 

Maybe this game is what they meant by Freeze "shocking" the world?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Who does that ultimately fall upon. 

Ultimately, the coaches.

Isn't the first time a coach has failed to get the attention of college kids who think they can loaf to a win against a lower tier school and end up losing.  Won't be the last.  Hopefully this is the last for us for a long time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WarrrEagleHey said:

Was thinking perhaps we should have considered him. 

No clue if the guy can recruit in the SEC, but he’s a heck of a game day coach.  

• Like 2

I would just like to say no Gus 2.0 or Saban references. It’s apples to oranges. CHF is CHF and this is extremely hard to digest. The good news is the sun will still shine tomorrow and hopefully better days ahead for Auburn football 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

You've had a great life, my friend haha

Right! lol. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

It's useless to say fire Freeze. We've invested and will ride this out good or bad. I don't think Freeze is it. I don't think his recruiting is going to be as good as expected. He was an underwhelming hire that no other SEC program wanted. We approach every coaching search like "who wants to come here?" and then we hire someone no one wants...and we always get the same results. 

Stop paying top money for average coaches. Stop thinking there's a secret neato offensive scheme that's going to tip the balance. We hired another Gus Malzahn. Why?

Gus and Freeze are teh absolute best we can get. Doesn't matter how much we have our house in order, it's just the truth unless UAT ever comes down.

Just now, Never2Yield said:

@Farmer Brown I respect your down vote, but when you are barely bowl eligible and get STOMPED in your last two games (both at home) ...

Yes, I think Bama destroys us.

Two things I am hoping by the end of the year and would be okay with either. 

Oregon upsets Bama in the NC game or Bama wins it all and NS retire , thus leaving them back in mediocrity. I can’t even consider worrying about this bunch in a bowl game. Interested in recruiting. 

3 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

We paid them $1.85 million to come to our house and beat the crap out of us.  A stunningly incompetent performance by Auburn.  Why would any elite player sign up for this?

They deserved every penny too. 

• Like 2