NMSU Post mortem

TitanTiger

Would have been one thing if we lost on a last-minute score but we got blown out at home by New Mexico State. I have seen some bad losses against SEC opponents like in 2012 but in my years as an Auburn fan, I can't remember one worse than this. 

We can talk about player effort but it was clear the defense and offense were not prepared for what this team does. For all of Freeze's coach speak about taking this team serious, I doubt they spent much time preparing for them. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

I don't want to hear a damn word out of him right now!

I do. He needs to explain this. I hope he takes the blame, but it would be the first time this season. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I hope he takes full responsibility.  He shouldn’t be able to blame anyone but the man in the mirror.  If he pushes it off on players, no respect. 

Obviously a less than stellar coaching job, but the players were the ones on the field sleep walking. Gotta have some pride, suck it up and beat the guy in front of you. A consistent fail today.

• Like 1

9Not really shocked. This is not a skilled talented team. When they aren't ready to play and they play a better than average team. This happens. Talented teams can have a let down and win comfortably.  AU is far from talented.  Not sure Thorne is the answer next yr. He has no help at the WR position.  I said it earlier this year. We have WY KY talent [ literally] and this is the result. 

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not really shocked. This is not a skilled talented team. When they aren't ready to play and they play a better than average team. This happens. Talented teams can have a let down and win comfortably.  AU is far from talented.  Not sure Thorne is the answer next yr. He has no help at the WR position.  I said it earlier this year. We have WY KY talent [ literally] and this is the result. 

On paper we have a more skilled and talented team than nmsu.  On the field, however...

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

I do. He needs to explain this. I hope he takes the blame, but it would be the first time this season. 

I think I read on “X” formerly know as twitter that he said he could tell there was a difference in practice intensity this week. WTF that is your job to address. I am getting worried. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tomcat said:

Obviously a less than stellar coaching job, but the players were the ones on the field sleep walking. Gotta have some pride, suck it up and beat the guy in front of you. A consistent fail today.

And whose job is it to get a player who is playing in slow motion attention?

• Like 1

I have no words to express the disappointment from what I watched today. They took us to the woodshed from the opening drive . That is inexcusable on our home field 

2 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Meanwhile, in Tallahassee, FSU is losing to a 3-7 North Alabama team and just lost their QB to an awful looking leg injury.  

Not to be rude, but I'm not a "misery loves company" guy. I don't care if FSU wins or loses.

I care that Auburn wins.

Edited by Never2Yield
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Ultimately, the coaches.

Isn't the first time a coach has failed to get the attention of college kids who think they can loaf to a win against a lower tier school and end up losing.  Won't be the last.  Hopefully this is the last for us for a long time.

True. But when was the last time this happened to an AU coach? And how many were blowouts? I honestly don't remember and would like to know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golden Eagle said:

On paper we have a more skilled and talented team than nmsu.  On the field, however...

I disagree. We start at least 10 players from same level that NM St roster has

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Don't look now... UNA is beating FSU by 2 TDs and Jordan Travis just broke his leg

FSU will come back but that’s terrible news for Jordan. That really could affect their playoff chances. 

I’m reminded of that Ole Miss team that had a couple of pro bowlers on it that went up to Memphis and lost. Hugh Freeze is basically s***ty Gus Malzahn and we’ve become a poverty program in football. Going to get blackout drunk. Buh bye

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Meanwhile, in Tallahassee, FSU is losing to a 3-7 North Alabama team and just lost their QB to an awful looking leg injury.  

DeShaun Davis is the LB coach there.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Gus and Freeze are teh absolute best we can get. Doesn't matter how much we have our house in order, it's just the truth unless UAT ever comes down.

How do you know.  We don't try because people in charge are just to lazy to get off their arse and go in search of a legimate coach.  They go after these high school coaches because it is easy.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Carnell said:

How do you know.  We don't try because people in charge are just to lazy to get off their arse and go in search of a legimate coach.  They go after these high school coaches because it is easy.

Our people are no different from the majority of other SEC programs.