Daryl Hall is Suing John Oates, and I Can't Go for That

WillMunny

This is very sad.  Nothing great ever lasts, it seems.  These guys met as teenagers, became the greatest duo in music history, were inducted into the Rock and Roll HOF, and now seemingly hate each other.  Daryl Hall in particular seems disloyal and all "me me me", taking almost sole credit for their "creativity".  Not the kind of news I welcome on Thanksgiving.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/22/hall-oates-lawsuit-restraining-order

Edited by WillMunny

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is this not the way of the world now a days?

Sure seems that way.  Next big breakup will probably be chocolate and peanut butter, or peas and carrots.

Edited by WillMunny

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Sure seems that way.  Next big breakup will probably be chocolate and peanut butter, or peas and carrots.

It all comes back to ego and that seems to be more important now than being civil.

Hall's lawsuit stems from Oates' attempt to sell off his share of their joint venture, Whole Oats Enterprises LLP, which would violate the terms of a business agreement the Hall & Oates duo had forged, The Associated Press reports. The move quickly prompted a judge to temporarily block the sale while legal proceedings and a previously initiated arbitration continue.

LINK

"These guys met as teenagers, became the greatest duo in music history. "

hahahaha

Um, Lennon & McCartney, Simon & Garfunkel, Steely Dan, the Everly Brothers, Ike & Tina Turner, Sonny & Cher, Eurythmics, The Carpenters, the Righteous Brothers, Richard & Linda Thompson, Loggins & Messina, Ashford & Simpson, Black Keys, Tears for Fears, Jan & Dean, Sam & Dave, Indigo Girls .....

They are down the list ...

14 hours ago, AURex said:

hahahaha

Um, Lennon & McCartney, Simon & Garfunkel, Steely Dan, the Everly Brothers, Ike & Tina Turner, Sonny & Cher, Eurythmics, The Carpenters, the Righteous Brothers, Richard & Linda Thompson, Loggins & Messina, Ashford & Simpson, Black Keys, Tears for Fears, Jan & Dean, Sam & Dave, Indigo Girls .....

Depends upon the list maker...

Anyone who thinks Sonny and Cher were a better duo than Hall and Oates is.....well.....entitled to their opinion.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greatest/most talented is in the eye of the beholder, but Hall & Oates were certainly prolific.

They were a notable part of my pre-teen/teenager soundtrack growing up.

Maybe they'll settle all of this amicably without needing any private eyes.

On 11/30/2023 at 12:22 AM, AURex said:

hahahaha

You left out the most talented duo ever,,, Milli Vanilli. 

• Haha 1