A&M Job Thread From Recruiting Board

AUwent

So Mark Stoops appears to be the guy at A&M (they do not appear to be happy). Does this indicate he'll keep CDC given their FSU connections?

Edited by AUwent

58 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So Mark Stoops appears to be the guy at A&M (they do not appear to be happy). Does this indicate he'll keep CDC given their FSU connections?

IMG_5436.gif

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_5436.gif

Wellllllllll, it's relevant to Cam's recruitment.

And what a shock, A&M fans are having the same self-hating attitude as us. Ditto for Florida and South Carolina fans.

(I mean no disrespect GWill because I like ya. :) )

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And what a shock, A&M fans are having the same self-hating attitude as us. Ditto for Florida and South Carolina fans.

They are trying to schiano him!!! 😂😂 

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I wanted Lane the most last year and was def pissed for a day when it broke down between him and us but I was /(am) excited for freeze because of his recruiting ability something lane seems to think is beneath him. At least the high school recruiting. You know with freeze you never have to question his effort in crutin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I would be pissed if my school went 7-5 (before their bowl game) and gave Jimbo $76 million to walk, just to hire Mark Stoops who is 7-5 this year and elated to even be 7-5. 

His name was mentioned for LSU before they hired Brian Kelly and those LSU fans all got pissed. He has done pretty good at Kentucky and has been there forever it seems like. But during his Kentucky tenure Tennessee has been a hot mess, South Carolina, Florida, Missouri and Vanderbilt have all been pretty dang bad with 1 or 2 good seasons spread amongst them. He has also had more backing than any Kentucky football coach in decades. 

I just think Texas A&M could do alot better. When you spend $76 million for your coach to walk, you better make a splash hire and A&M has the means to do just that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I would be pissed if my school went 7-5 (before their bowl game) and gave Jimbo $76 million to walk, just to hire Mark Stoops who is 7-5 this year and elated to even be 7-5. 

His name was mentioned for LSU before they hired Brian Kelly and those LSU fans all got pissed. He has done pretty good at Kentucky and has been there forever it seems like. But during his Kentucky tenure Tennessee has been a hot mess, South Carolina, Florida, Missouri and Vanderbilt have all been pretty dang bad with 1 or 2 good seasons spread amongst them. He has also had more backing than any Kentucky football coach in decades. 

I just think Texas A&M could do alot better. When you spend $76 million for your coach to walk, you better make a splash hire and A&M has the means to do just that.

Stoops also makes 9 million a yr at KY

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Good take

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Even TAMU money has its limits I guess. When you shell out the biggest buyout in sports history your options for next head coach are def limited. Mark stoops is a damn good ball coach. But I think he works better at non glamorous jobs where he can do what he does best which is be a builder. I think he would be the absolute perfect hire for his Alma mater Iowa when Kirk ferentz retires.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Stoops also makes 9 million a yr at KY

Its wild that he makes that much but those fans up there really have his back. 

Mark Stoops seems like a pretty likeable guy. The best way I can put it is that Mark Stoops is the perfect fit for where he's at. He and Kentucky seem happy with one another and he could stay there until he retires.

However, when you're a big money program like A&M and you're about to compete, again, with Texas and Oklahoma in the same conference, you should go way bigger than Mark Stoops. You don't fire a guy who has a national title and pay him $76 million to walk just to replace him with Stoops. A&M has a chance to get this right and bring the fanbase together and another big recruiting class but announcing Mark Stoops as your new hire could kill all that quick. 

Jimbo was a Mercedes at one point. The Mercedes got too many miles on it so you sold it. You don't replace it with a 2017 Ford F-150.

Edited by TeamZero77

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

IMG_4951.gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I will be surprised if their AD survives this. 

Keep in mind, Rich Rodriguez turned down Mal Moore after taking the job initially.  Then Moore goes and begs Saban long enuf for him to take the job

Edited by NWALA Tiger

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Keep in mind, Rich Rodriguez turned down Mal Moore after taking the job initially.  Then Moore goes and begs Saban long enuf for him to take the job

Mal didn't go behind people's backs

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

And now Rich Rodriguez is at Jacksonville State University. Life comes at you fast. 

• Like 1

This Mark Stoops stuff is dumb.  You don’t pay $76M to hire “Mark” Stoops.  If I’m Ryan Day I’m very interested in Texas A&M.  He won’t survive another loss to Michigan.  

• Like 1