Charity in tuscalooser

eagle76

I read the "others" board for entertainment purposes only. And they provide quite a bit of entertainment. I ran across these comments this morning concerning hotel reservations in tuscalooser this weekend. Some people just don't realize that football is a game and a luxury. The people along the gulf coast are in primal survival mode. They need all of our prayers, monetary support, and any hotel accomodations that are available. Just look at the video that is posted on this site. Here are the comments from crimsontusks.com

One writer wrote:

“this weekend, I would strongly suggest that you call and make damn sure you have a guaranteed room. Every hotel room in the city is booked with evacuated folks, and most do not plan on leaving voluntarily. From watching the news, the evac folks are pissed that BAMA fans are going to be claiming "their" rooms, and some have said, "they ain't moving, cause they ain't got no where to go." I think we are going to have a few riots breaking out around town on Friday afternoon.

Just a heads up to those of you (if any) in this situation. ”

A reply stated:

“I wll gladly offer my services to any hotel needing removal assistance this weekend.

I mean on one hand I feel bad for the evacuees but on the other, most of these people have prepaid for these rooms. “

These comments are heartless and selfish. If I had a reservation I would gladly sleep in my car if thats what it took to help a distressed family out.

I just responded to that thread. "Atlanta Tider" offers to help remove these people. My apologies in advance to others on the board, but that's one low-life b*****d! :angry::thumbsdown:

Guest Tigrinum Major
I just responded to that thread.  "Atlanta Tider" offers to help remove these people.  My apologies in advance to others on the board, but that's one low-life b*****d! :angry:   :thumbsdown:

177254[/snapback]

That surprises me, he is usually one of the more reasonable posters over there and an admin. Some of the others are not agreeing with the original thoughts.

I hope it was in jest, although that's a pretty weird thing to make fun of. I haven't been over there enough to get a feel for what most are like. I know PorkChop seems like one of the most level-headed, cool individuals on that board, while Wytboyz is the other extreme.

Anyway, it just hit me wrong when someone posts that he'll volunteer to go help toss homeless people out of the hotels so the football crowd can have their rooms.

It is hard to believe that anyone would make a statement like that and NOT be "kidding". Even a uater. :blink:

Bars & restaurants have the right to refuse service to anyone. Don't hotels have the same right? If so, then the hotel owner/managers can make the call as to who gets the room. Although, obviously, you would refund the deposits of everyone with cancelled reservations and hopefully contact them before they start their trip.

I can't imagine kicking out a Katrina refugee for any reason right now. On one board someone suggested that if football fans want the rooms that badly, the hotel owner should make the fan explain to the refugees in person, face-to-face, why they are being evicted. [Of course, I realize there are some heartless fans who could do that without even batting an eye, but hopefully not many of them.]

Incidentally, anyone--What's the refugee situation like in Auburn? It does lie on the main interstate from Mobile to Atlanta, so I'm guessing it's pretty full as well.

<rant>

classless.....but what do you expect....it's bammer!!!

177261[/snapback]

WOA WOA WOA!!! HOLD THE PHONE THERE. There are some times that I will brush off a generalization of Bama fans in a negative way, but NOT this time. These comments are from a PERSON, NOT a representative of Bama fans. If you are going to attack ANYONE then attack the person, NOT the fanbase. That's like calling everyone of you idiots because ONE person said we should evict the survivors! That's BS and you know it.

Read the news. UA and AU are both reaching out to survivors. UA's accepting law students from Loyola and Tulane FREE OF CHARGE! Their student rec is a Red Cross shelter! They're accepting donations all around campus on gameday! UA sent out emails to over 50,000 fans asking them to relinquish their rooms on gameday! Would you like to see more of what UA is doing? Then read here: http://uanews.ua.edu/anews2005/sep05/hurri...elief090105.htm Here's what AU's putting on the table: http://www.auburn.edu/communications_marke...rina/index.html I doubt you'll click because I know how much you would HATE to see REAL class because you haven't shown a DROP tonight!

</rant>

Sorry, but this is MORE than just a sore subject for me. EVERY person needs to do their part to help these survivors, not matter the sacrifice. It makes me sick ANYONE would try to evict these people from their rooms. Hell, the money is already earmarked for the room, why not let them stay on your tab and you sleep in your car? One day with a crick in your neck is NOTHING compared to what they are going through.

Archived