Will Jarquez Hunter return?

Old fan 47

On 12/20/2023 at 10:05 AM, maryland tiger said:

Dude came on strong as the season went on. Why someone would not want him back is crazy to me. 

I didn't say I didn't want him back.  I just said I wouldn't be disappointed if he left.  You jumped to a conclusion.

We have two really good, young backs behind him, neither of which got suspended this season.  We would be fine without Hunter.  Better with him, but fine without him.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 10:19 PM, ScotsAU said:

I think he is NFL ready. But that’s a position where you almost have to show it on the field. With his slow start this year and inconsistency in the OL, his numbers weren’t that great overall this year. If he comes back, he has a real chance at improving his stock by showcasing what he really can do. Right now, I’d think he’d go undrafted. Could be one of the best in the league if he comes back. That said, he’s probably just wanting to see where he stands before deciding, and I’m not going to fault him for wanting a grade. 

Hard to say. Tank Bigsby, has a whopping 37 carries for 84 yards and a 2.3 average, on a likely playoff team. TB is a short shelf life obviously and most of the NFL is a passing league now. I didn’t think would be overly successful and I don’t think that JH would be either. Good luck to him whatever he decides. 

On 12/19/2023 at 11:10 PM, Chaotic_zx said:

He clearly says it in this video linked. He is undecided.  I think that room is in good shape one way or another. He is a good back so I take nothing away from him. Those behind him are also good backs. To say we won't miss Hunter is a disservice to him. To say that his leaving is a huge step back is a disservice to the others in the room and Caddy.  

I agree. Cobb and Alston, while talented, are smaller backs. JH is a bigger guy that can handle SEC hits better, but I don’t think his exit would have a treacherous effect on our tailback situation. 

15 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree. Cobb and Alston, while talented, are smaller backs. JH is a bigger guy that can handle SEC hits better, but I don’t think his exit would have a treacherous effect on our tailback situation. 

This keeps getting said, and I don't understand it.

image.pngimage.png

Is one pound really that big a difference?

Cobb and Battie for sure, but people always say Alston is a smaller back compared to Hunter. He's not.

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

image.pngimage.png

Cobb and Battie for sure, but people always say Alston is a smaller back compared to Hunter. He's not.

Alston is better looking too! happy almost christmas! i just think we could be besties...............

10 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

image.pngimage.png

for the record that was NOT meant mean spirited.

37 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Alston is better looking too! happy almost christmas! i just think we could be besties...............

28 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

for the record that was NOT meant mean spirited.

I dunno how anyone could take it as mean spirited lol.

Hope you having a good eve of Christmas eve Fiddy

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

I dunno how anyone could take it as mean spirited lol.

Hope you having a good eve of Christmas eve Fiddy

i stay in trouble on the fam so i wanted to make sure i was being nice and not a troll. i love christmas. i want EVERYONE to have fun!

17 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Hard to say. Tank Bigsby, has a whopping 37 carries for 84 yards and a 2.3 average, on a likely playoff team. TB is a short shelf life obviously and most of the NFL is a passing league now. I didn’t think would be overly successful and I don’t think that JH would be either. Good luck to him whatever he decides. 

Both were very good college RB’s though.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Both were very good college RB’s though.

i feel bad for tank. out o line i think might have cost him some serious money. i hope down the road he gets his...............and merry christmas hank.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i feel bad for tank. out o line i think might have cost him some serious money. i hope down the road he gets his...............and merry christmas hank.

Thank you Fifty. Merry Christmas to you too

I suspect JH returning will be based in part by how much NIL he is offered compared to what he could earn in the NFL.  From AU perspective, it would be great if he returns, but not an imperative.  I believe AU would be better off spending NIL on OL, DL, and DBs, and therefore I expect JH to leave.  

Edited by aublaise

4 minutes ago, aublaise said:

I suspect JH returning will be based in part by how much NIL he is offered compared to what he could earn in the NFL.  From AU perspective, it would be great if he returns, but not an imperative.  I believe AU would be better off spending NIL on OL, DL, and DBs, and therefore I expect JH to leave.  

Would be hard to equal just practice squad cash. Had to look it up, it's some nice cash for 18 weeks of work.

Practice squad players make $12,000 per week or $216,000 for 18 weeks. Veteran players with over two years of experience will make a minimum of $16,100 per week or $289,800 for 18 weeks, and a maximum of $20,600 per week or $370,800 for 18 weeks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1