Hotel reservations in Auburn

tgr4lfe

I work with the Lee County EMA. We are currently sheltering about 100 people from Hurricane areas. We are expecting this number to jump in the next day or two to maybe over 1,000 b/c of Auburn fans with hotel reservations. Thus the many evacuees that are staying in our local hotels will basically be kicked out. Kind of like the thread on that other board, but I know Auburn people will rise to the occassion, not that Bama folks won't either.

I am asking everybody on WEN, if you have or know somebody that has reservations for the weekend in a hotel in Auburn to please consider cancelling your reservation so the evacuees can stay put. Please help spread the word. We have had lots of calls from evacuees about this and from those of them that are running out of money. Better yet, if you have prepaid for a room, consider letting the evacuees have the room at your expense. I will even open my home to any of you that would do that. You could stay with my family Saturday night.

If you live in Auburn please consider donating time or money to the Lee County Red Cross Chapter. Contact numbers below for EMA and Red Cross. My name is David, if you have any questions, thanks and War Eagle!!!! Wreck Tech!!!

EMA (334) 749-8161

Red Cross (334)749-9981

I thought of this very thing last night. I was determined to not go if I was going to displace anyone that was a refugee. I just called the hotel I'm staying in (in Lanett) and they told me that they only had a few refugee families there. So I feel much better about my trip. So I've decided I'm going to go ahead and make the trip.

Now, I'm a little worried about being able to GET gas, but that's another issue.

WAR EAGLE!!!

The one shelter that we had open has doubled in occupancy since yesterday afternoon. I don't really know what is going to happen with those in hotels. I saw the gas station at Shug Jordan PW and Donahue had signs on all their pumps this morning that said "No gas", but a gas station in Opelika was getting gas from a tanker truck this morning also. I think the media helped blow the gas thing out of proportion. Gas is up to $6/gallon in Atlanta for premium. Most in Auburn I saw were near $3 for the "cheap" stuff.

im still making the trip to Auburn, but i recommend people do what i do, Im not getting a hotel room because i still have many friends going to school there, i will just crash with them. It will be a big help if people choose to stay with there friends rather than booking a hotel(if its possible). Anyways i recieved multiple emails from my firm today talking about how at least 1000 refuges are in the BJCC exhibition hall here in Birmingham. Also, many doctors at UAB are making mutliple trips to New Orleans to move Patients out of the hospitals down there. Bham's helping out :D:au:

im still making the trip to Auburn, but i recommend people do what i do, Im not getting a hotel room because i still have many friends going to school there, i will just crash with them. It will be a big help if people choose to stay with there friends rather than booking a hotel(if its possible). Anyways i recieved multiple emails from my firm today talking about how at least 1000 refuges are in the BJCC exhibition hall here in Birmingham. Also, many doctors at UAB are making mutliple trips to New Orleans to move Patients out of the hospitals down there. Bham's helping out  :D  :au:

177444[/snapback]

That is great AWK, for those that don't have family or friends in Auburn, you can stay with us. Just let me know asap.

thanks, yeah i forget to add that if ANYONE needs a place to stay i have many friends who can help, just give me a holla

Archived