2024 Cal WR (Formerly QB) Sam Jackson transfers to AU!

aubigblue

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Former QB we signing as WR? 

thought we wanted proven WR’s out of the portal? 

Yeah…I’m trying to make sense of this one. Can anyone make sense of this one??

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Yeah…I’m trying to make sense of this one. Can anyone make sense of this one??

Just read they played HS ball together & was one of Thorne’s go to WR’s…anybody else see that? 

3 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Good work in connecting the dots, it still is confusing to me on why we give a spot on the roster up when the spring portal could have a proven receiver in it.

• Like 1

Willing to change positions and be a part of a team!  Unlike someone else who is no longer on the team.

I think chemistry on offense goes a long way.  Especially now that CHF has cut the cancer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Willing to change positions and be a part of a team!  Unlike someone else who is no longer on the team.

I think chemistry on offense goes a long way.  Especially now that CHF has cut the cancer.

Careful. Some people will take great offense to this post. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

“I’ll have a Sam Jackson”

- CHF, probably

Auburn announced the signing of former Cal QB Sam Jackson V on Wednesday. Jackson, a four-star recruit in the Class of 2021, will join the Tigers as a receiver. 

Jackson signed with TCU in the 2021 class.

In two seasons with the Horned Frogs, Jackson completed all six pass attempts that he made and elected to transfer to Cal in January 2023.

After a battle between Ben Finley and Fernando Mendoza in training camp, Jackson won the starting job for the Golden Bears. Jackson was injured in the season opener against North Texas, leading to Finley getting the start against Auburn, although Jackson did eventually see the field.

He completed 14 of 27 passes for 129 yards passing and had two passes intercepted against Auburn.

Jackson heads to Auburn with two years of eligibility and will be able to play immediately.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Auburn announced the signing of former Cal QB Sam Jackson V on Wednesday. Jackson, a four-star recruit in the Class of 2021, will join the Tigers as a receiver. 

Jackson signed with TCU in the 2021 class.

In two seasons with the Horned Frogs, Jackson completed all six pass attempts that he made and elected to transfer to Cal in January 2023.

After a battle between Ben Finley and Fernando Mendoza in training camp, Jackson won the starting job for the Golden Bears. Jackson was injured in the season opener against North Texas, leading to Finley getting the start against Auburn, although Jackson did eventually see the field.

He completed 14 of 27 passes for 129 yards passing and had two passes intercepted against Auburn.

Jackson heads to Auburn with two years of eligibility and will be able to play immediately.

Not on my bingo card, but glad to have him.

3 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

If this guy ever asks for a bite of your cheeseburger and a drink of Sprite to wash it down, you know you about to get shot.

If this guy asks you to get his wallet, you know the one that says Bad Mother F'er on it, you know you about to get shot.

If this guy starts screaming and quoting scriptures to you, you know you about to get shot.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Is he coming in as Robby 2.0 or WR?  I’d think Auburn could do better at WR.  Maybe Hugh saw something when we were out there in September?

8 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I may be eating crow in record time. This kid has some wheels. Bear in mind this highlight reel is when he was a sophomore in high school.

Give them the Spring practices to build their chemistry. Could be interesting. 

With his shiftyness and speed he could be another threat to get some motion carries or maybe wildcat with a serious option of throwing. 

maybe Onterrio McCaleb with and arm. 😎

• Like 2