2024 Cal WR (Formerly QB) Sam Jackson transfers to AU!

aubigblue

8 hours ago, AUApostle said:

Remember, if we bring in a portal QB, Thorne and Geriner may transfer…so we bring in a portal “WR” wink wink.

I gotta believe he was brought in as competition for #2.  Thorne ain’t going anywhere.  

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I gotta believe he was brought in as competition for #2.  Thorne ain’t going anywhere.  

@Win4AU We are taking him as a WR. Also AUA's post you quoted were Freeze's direct words at his END presser FWIW.

I know what Gus would do with him, no idea what Hugh will.  Should be fun next year to see how all these pieces will work together.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If that was the case, why wouldn’t you bring in someone as competition for #1?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Is he coming in as Robby 2.0 or WR?  I’d think Auburn could do better at WR.  Maybe Hugh saw something when we were out there in September?

@Win4AU We did too. SJ's athleticism at QB in the Cal game last year gave our D problems while he was in the game? He got hurt the game before ours. He didn't start against us because of the injury but when he came in Cal started moving the ball.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If that was the case, why wouldn’t you bring in someone as competition for #1?

@PigskinPat Not sure we would pay the NIL price for QB1 competition & risk losing PT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@PigskinPat Not sure we would pay the NIL price for QB1 competition & risk losing PT.

Plus you may run the risk of losing PT just because you are shopping whether you actually get one or not. 

Im glad I don’t have to balance all these scenarios out. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

With his shiftyness and speed he could be another threat to get some motion carries or maybe wildcat with a serious option of throwing. 

maybe Onterrio McCaleb with and arm. 😎

He sounds like he is similar to Nick Marshall but instead of being a DB/QB like Nick, he's a WR/QB. I hope our QB's are healthy all season in 2024 but if something happens to where we are very thin at the QB position, it's nice knowing that we have a WR that we can plug in at QB to get us by in a pinch. 

10 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Willing to change positions and be a part of a team!  Unlike someone else who is no longer on the team.

I think chemistry on offense goes a long way.  Especially now that CHF has cut the cancer.

giphy-downsized-large.gifgiphy.gif

• Like 1

He might be a playmaker. Let’s see what happens instead of acting like we have to read some tea leaves. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Yeah…I’m trying to make sense of this one. Can anyone make sense of this one??

We lost a wildcat QB. Freeze & Gus love them a wildcat QB.

9 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

If this guy ever asks for a bite of your cheeseburger and a drink of Sprite to wash it down, you know you about to get shot.

If this guy asks you to get his wallet, you know the one that says Bad Mother F'er on it, you know you about to get shot.

If this guy starts screaming and quoting scriptures to you, you know you about to get shot.

But can he help John McClane save New York in time before Simon blows it to bits?

Long article btw. Saying all the right things. It will be crowded in that room though especially if Ryan signs. Of course more transfers would be expected after the bowl game.

7 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Of course more transfers would be expected after the bowl game.

Yup the purists won’t like it as the WR exodus will continue to make way for the new blood, but it’ll be reminiscent of Prime cleaning house at Colorado, just not publicly like Prime did.

I have to say. For someone who lights it up in high school  recruiting.  Freeze has made some puzzling decisions in regards to the portal this year.  Has this cat played WR at any point in college?

Edited by NWALA Tiger

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Has this cat played WR at any point in college?

@NWALA Tiger No. Was a budding big time WR prospect after his high school soph year but had to move to QB his JR & SR years when Thorne went to college.