3 losing seasons in a row

TeamZero77

This is the first time since 1975, 76 and 77 that we've had 3 losing seasons in a row.

This is the first time since Bear Bryant was at Alabama that we've lost 4 years in a row to Alabama. 

Of the 16 SEC teams, only Auburn and Vanderbilt haven't won atleast 8 games in a season since 2019.

We are the only SEC West team to not win atleast 9 games in a season since 2019. 

We've lost 4 or more games in a row for 3 straight years. Hell, we lost 4 games in a row earlier this season and have now lost 3 in a row to end the season.

Besides high school recruiting, what has Hugh Freeze shown you all that says he will bring Auburn out of this funk that our program has been in for years now? For every good win he has in his career, he also has an absolute WTF type stinker of a game and sometimes a few of those in a single season. 

His high school recruiting is great. So was Chizik and Malzahn's. I'm tired of watching us look stupid while Georgia, Alabama and hell, even Ole Miss is getting it right. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 1

And it bothers the team, coaches, fans less and less. Especially in light of the current mess college (semi pro ball ) has become it just doesn’t matter anymore.

Well, what can you do? 

It doesn't matter if, like me, you hated the Freeze hire or if you think Freeze is the GOAT and deserves 5 seasons to get his guys and run his offense. 

You know Freeze won't be removed after one season.  He probably won't be removed after two or even three mediocre seasons.  And then, who do we get as our next HC?  I shudder to think of it. 

So we're left to just grin and bear it and hope we get better or at least don't slip further behind the teams we used to beat.  

Dark times. 

• Thanks 1

There are some games and plays I’m sure freeze would like to have back. But I still put all three of these largely on Harsin. Freeze had an uphill battle to try to rebuild this roster this year. It still didn’t go as well as I’d hoped. But I also am not surprise the talent gap caused us serious problems this year. Yes, we’re in dark times, but I also think there’s better times ahead. Ready to turn the page on this season. 

• Like 2

There’s been a level of ineptitude the past few years that I’ve just never really seen at the college level. The inability to complete a forward pass. It makes no sense to me that the same team that gave Alabama and GA more than they wanted also got blown out at home by New Mexico State and embarrassed by Marylands back ups. It just seems like the kind of thing that only happens at Auburn. 

1 minute ago, BustemBigBlue said:

There’s been a level of ineptitude the past few years that I’ve just never really seen at the college level. The inability to complete a forward pass. It makes no sense to me that the same team that gave Alabama and GA more than they wanted also got blown out at home by New Mexico State and embarrassed by Marylands back ups. It just seems like the kind of thing that only happens at Auburn. 

I don't mind being fairly beaten if we're looking competent tackling, covering and catching, etc...  Playing smart. 

But since the Malzahn Experience, there are full quarters - entire games - where the guys look completely uncoached.

It's disturbing to watch and it looks like Freeze is planning to import pre-coached players in lieu of coaching the ones he's got. 

smh

Gus was the fall guy every year harsin failed, Over and Under how many seasons Harsin will be the fall guy if we don’t achieve expectations under freeze?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus was the fall guy every year harsin failed, Over and Under how many seasons Harsin will be the fall guy if we don’t achieve expectations under freeze?

Harsin will be the fall guy until the AU PTB decide Freeze needs to go.   Whether it's 3 years or 7.  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think it will be a while 

2 hours ago, AURealist said:

I don't mind being fairly beaten if we're looking competent tackling, covering and catching, etc...  Playing smart. 

But since the Malzahn Experience, there are full quarters - entire games - where the guys look completely uncoached.

It's disturbing to watch and it looks like Freeze is planning to import pre-coached players in lieu of coaching the ones he's got. 

smh

Could it be that Freeze really can’t or know how to coach?

Edited by TigerOne

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I got nothing else to say about Harsin. With the amount of transfers in and out etc, this is the freeze show. He is the problem right now 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Could it be that Freeze really can’t or know how to coach?

Who knows?  Maybe he sucks as a coach.  Maybe he can coach, but resurrecting Auburn is too much for him?  Maybe he just came for the money?   Dunno. 

Doesn't seem very excited to be coaching in Auburn to me, though.  JMO

Whatever the situation, he's probably gonna get 3 more years to play his hand, so I'm trying to resign myself to that fact.  

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

Who knows?  Maybe he sucks as a coach.  Maybe he can coach, but resurrecting Auburn is too much for him?  Maybe he just came for the money?   Dunno. 

Doesn't seem very excited to be coaching in Auburn to me, though.  JMO

Whatever the situation, he's probably gonna get 3 more years to play his hand, so I'm trying to resign myself to that fact.  

I think all of those are true. If you are offered the job no way you will turn it down. Freeze knows he’s in over is head . It shows by his inability to have a plan and make tough decisions. 
he should get one more year and in the mean time get his ass kicked for stealing money from Auburn and fans.

grow some balls Hugh or get out

Whoever does deserve the blame is up for debate, but blaming Gus is absolutely ridiculous at this point.  That is the one man that never had a losing season and actually won something.  Carry on.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

If HF don’t win a national championship in year 2 or 3 it wasn’t worth running Gus off. Exactly why I wanted to stay with him. I said it repeatedly, there was nothing better to hire that would accept the job. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alexava said:

If HF don’t win a national championship in year 2 or 3 it wasn’t worth running Gus off. Exactly why I wanted to stay with him. I said it repeatedly, there was nothing better to hire that would accept the job. 

I would have been fine if we hired Sark

Recruiting Rankings:

2021 class (Gus): 19

2022 class (Harsin): 21

2023 class (Harsin): 18

2024 class (Freeze): 7

2025 class (Freeze): 3

Maybe it's fans who have unrealistic expections of what damage can be UNdone in Freeze's first season at Auburn. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Maybe it's fans who have unrealistic expections of what damage can be UNdone in Freeze's first season at Auburn. 

nailed-it.gif

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2023 at 12:52 PM, sevenlee36 said:

I would have been fine if we hired Sark

We didn’t