Men vs Texas A&M Game Thread

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Our second group is why we are ahead.

Halloway is a streak shooter and Brooke struggles sometimes against physical centers. 1st team seems more finesse, 2nd team more boom boom. They compliment each other.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Yeah, I disagree with that assessment as to why Cmo starts. Cmo starts because he will give you good D and effort. Just enough to hopefully wear down the other team for a while until Chad can come in. Cmo's ceiling is where Chad's floor starts.

I respect any other interpretations there, you could be completely correct. I do think it's pretty objective that Chad is a bit of a wilder player though lol.

It also just doesn't really make sense (IMO) to start the guy who's contributing a good chunk of your bench points unless you REALLY need the scoring. Bruce is trying to win the whole game, not just the starters against starters. This is all just my interpretation btw, I could be completely off base

• Like 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

They compliment each other.

They really do.  That's why we can break a streak by the opponent or run a different pace/ style to get a spark. 

Bruce needs to get their attention during the Half. They are playing too carefree and out of control. Especially the passing near the basket.

I don’t think we’ve hit a 3 since the first 2 minutes of the game.

I would honestly be confident about the 2nd based on how the first played out. Tre wasn't too much of a factor, none of the auxiliary pieces (everyone other than Jaylin, Broome, Aden) had much of a scoring punch other than KD, they're missing wide open 3s and they're up 8. A&M is playing the game they usually play and we're snuffing it out...unless they show the ability to play from the perimeter more, we should be okay 

• Like 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I respect any other interpretations there, you could be completely correct. I do think it's pretty objective that Chad is a bit of a wilder player though lol.

It also just doesn't really make sense (IMO) to start the guy who's contributing a good chunk of your bench points unless you REALLY need the scoring. Bruce is trying to win the whole game, not just the starters against starters. This is all just my interpretation btw, I could be completely off base

Oh no, I agree with you about Chad. He's definitely wild, Lol. I do think it's a little confusing as to why you start CMo instead of Chad but Chad is a nice change of pace guy and can get you going. CMo just won't bring that off the bench. Same reason why I think it's a good thing to start Denver over KD. To me, Denver hasn't proven why he's a starter (yet) but KD brings a spark off the bench. Just my take.

• Like 1

I feel like A&M gonna make a run here. 

• Like 1

So far we have gotten nothing from Broome.

Insure wish Broome could elevate straight up and dunk.  Seems to have weights in his shoes sometimes.

• Like 1

Can we get the ball to Broome in the paint?

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That redhead guy had one of the more interesting games out of anyone I hooped with at the rec. Glad to see he's doing well 

Hefner?!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Denver cannot finish around the basket. So disappointing. 

The verticality is there, but he doesn't always go up strong and doesn't have great creativity or body control when trying to finish. Kinda like you said, the pure athleticism should be there to be good at laying up, but just not his game