Men vs Texas A&M Game Thread

This is the group that bothers me. Jay is hot. But when Broome comes back in, he tries to take over instead of continuing with what was working. 
Broome should come up top and let Jay stay down low. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Chad has been one of our diverse scorers, but moments like that are why CMo starts. They want a stable, complementary known presence coupled with some of their big shot takers in Aden and Broome. 

Yeah, I disagree with that assessment as to why Cmo starts. Cmo starts because he will give you good D and effort. Just enough to hopefully wear down the other team for a while until Chad can come in. Cmo's ceiling is where Chad's floor starts.

• Like 1

Aden has such a high basketball IQ, especially on defense.  Just watch him anticipate and get a hand up.  

Bruce has a lot of butt to chew at Halftime.  Glad our D has been pretty solid. 

Buzz Williams seems like the kind of guy you'd like to kick in the cods and then go buy him a drink...

• Haha 5

I can't wait to see Aden after an offseason to become more comfortable with seeking different types of shots. You can tell he leans on what he knows, which young players do. I trust that his sophomore season will bear some more diversity 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

Besides Adens two threes have we hit any other shots outside of 3 feet?

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Buzz Williams seems like the kind of guy you'd like to kick in the cods and then go buy him a drink...

I have always liked him.  He makes you work hard to beat his teams. I just hate that he has had our number.

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

I’ve always liked Buzz. 

Our second group is why we are ahead.

• Like 4

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

image.gif.cf088d2b07ef5c94e05e6e7010db9c60.gif

Nope, but we have a lead and things should get better...lol

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

30-22 good guys at the half 

Would be up by 20 with just 5% better shooting and 5 more defensive rebounds...

• Love 1

Good half considering how we shot. We squandered at least two great opportunities in the last 1.5 min to take a double digit lead into half.

Just now, Tigerfinz said:

Nope, but we have a lead and things should get better...lol

Although we need to come out ready.  Buzz has it right where he likes it, within 10 at half.  That's how the last home loss to them went.  We need to play a bit more composed in 2nd half and we should be good if we keep up that defense. 

Need to work on shot selection. Bang it inside. 

• Like 1

TAMU does have a big front court that is smothering JB down low.  Really need CBM to get that mid range going.  Cardwell was more effective it seems. 

• Like 1