Anyone see Hugh’s greatest accomplishment?

keesler

16 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Sometimes I dont understand this forum of Auburn fans. This is not a joke accomplishment and belittling it is bizarre. SI and ESPN would be all over this (and rightly so) if it were Neutered Dame, Bama, Texas or USC. Far from an irrelevant accomplishment by Hugh & staff.

I haven't read any comments here belittling this 2024 recruiting class or what the staff accomplished by bringing this class in.

What a few here are pointing out, myself included, is the Auburn athletics PR team has put out multiple things and stats, as fact the past year or so and they're totally wrong. This certain graphic says that "of the active SEC coaches, Hugh Freeze had the highest ranked recruiting class for their first year." That's not true. Kirby Smart's first recruiting class at Georgia ranked 3rd. Brian Kelly's first recruiting class at LSU ranked 5th. Also, if they want to count Sarkisian and Venables as active SEC coaches now, their first classes ranked 3rd and 5th. 

That's not belittling Hugh's accomplishments or this staffs accomplishments. What it is doing is calling out our PR team for putting out graphics claiming something as fact when its quickly proven to be wrong.

If Auburn put out a graphic saying "Congrats to Hugh Freeze. His first season at Auburn finished 6-7 overall, which is the best first season by any active SEC coach." 

If you call that out as being misinformation, is that also belittling? To alot of people it looks as if our PR/social media team doesn't fact check their stuff or proofread anything. It's been this way for well over a year now.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

I haven't read any comments here belittling this 2024 recruiting class or what the staff accomplished by bringing this class in.

What a few here are pointing out, myself included, is the Auburn athletics PR team has put out multiple things and stats, as fact the past year or so and they're totally wrong. This certain graphic says that "of the active SEC coaches, Hugh Freeze had the highest ranked recruiting class for their first year." That's not true. Kirby Smart's first recruiting class at Georgia ranked 3rd. Brian Kelly's first recruiting class at LSU ranked 5th. Also, if they want to count Sarkisian and Venables as active SEC coaches now, their first classes ranked 3rd and 5th. 

That's not belittling Hugh's accomplishments or this staffs accomplishments. What it is doing is calling out our PR team for putting out graphics claiming something as fact when its quickly proven to be wrong.

If Auburn put out a graphic saying "Congrats to Hugh Freeze. His first season at Auburn finished 6-7 overall, which is the best first season by any active SEC coach." 

If you call that out as being misinformation, is that also belittling? To alot of people it looks as if our PR/social media team doesn't fact check their stuff or proofread anything. It's been this way for well over a year now.

Some of these people just blindly follow anything Auburn and leave little room for objectivity. 

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some of these people just blindly follow anything Auburn and leave little room for objectivity. 

And passive aggressive gang up. That's what gets me, it makes me imagine a bunch of 40-50 year old men with high rise khakis waiting for you at your car ready to hit you with a bunch of emojis

• Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

With that being said, of course he deserves credit for what he did in a short turnaround and I think majority of posters have given him that credit.

I knew a guy who hit the mega jackpot, back before it was crazy large, and he won $250,000,000.00.    His first thought was "how much do I owe in taxes..." 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

And passive aggressive gang up. That's what gets me, it makes me imagine a bunch of 40-50 year old men with high rise khakis waiting for you at your car ready to hit you with a bunch of emojis

I was about to hit that laugh button on this post...

Then realized we about to be 40.

Why Cole.... why do we have to age?!?!?!

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I knew a guy who hit the mega jackpot, back before it was crazy large, and he won $250,000,000.00.    His first thought was "how much do I owe in taxes..." 

… asking for a friend … how much did he owe in taxes …

On 1/28/2024 at 11:11 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Maybe they mean it’s the highest among first year active coaches in the sec…could that be true?

lol…the mental gymnastics…

Freeze was an active head coach??

should say head of a football program, there was very little coaching done by Freeze.

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Khakis are not supposed to be high rise?? When did that change. Man I can’t keep up with this changing fashion stuff!!

12 hours ago, Mims44 said:

I was about to hit that laugh button on this post...

Then realized we about to be 40.

Why Cole.... why do we have to age?!?!?!

you need to ask older cats that question............

• 2 weeks later...

Less of a social media fail than this one was, but the Auburn Football Facebook just posted a “Good Luck Prince Tega” more than 24 hours after he was ruled out to play in the Super Bowl. Our social media department has been very underwhelming lately. You would think that there was someone on staff who has the duty to fact check everything that gets posted to the official social media outlets…🙄

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2024 at 7:30 PM, cole256 said:

You have something against high rise Khakis? I can’t imagine a problem with these. Lol

On 1/28/2024 at 6:54 PM, woodford said:

It’s a stretch but you can’t let your social media accounts go silent even if it’s January. Everything is about recruiting  

Totally agree here. An absolute reach here for relevance. Keep creating random positivity 

• Like 2