Anyone see Hugh’s greatest accomplishment?

keesler

Everybody deserves its own space, this place likes a certain poster, just wish there were spaces inclusive to other groups. Maybe someone needs to create one, seems to be a lane wide open for it. 

But no matter what there's no cure for being able to play tough on the Internet when you know there's no consequences to words. 

When we get older we laugh at highschool but I know in school people knew to at least fake respect because you had to pay the cost for what you say good or bad. As you get older you get more freedom to hide.

But I'm just thinking this early morning while I walk around a control room of a site that manipulates the most destructive force known to man. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Everybody deserves its own space, this place likes a certain poster, just wish there were spaces inclusive to other groups. Maybe someone needs to create one, seems to be a lane wide open for it. 

But no matter what there's no cure for being able to play tough on the Internet when you know there's no consequences to words. 

When we get older we laugh at highschool but I know in school people knew to at least fake respect because you had to pay the cost for what you say good or bad. As you get older you get more freedom to hide.

But I'm just thinking this early morning while I walk around a control room of a site that manipulates the most destructive force known to man. 😂

Bro, had no idea you worked at Taco Bell. 

;) 

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

;) 

I like to think of slinging power is like slinging mystery meat ..... Shut up and take what I give you

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, keesler said:

image.jpeg

Saying 8th in the nation sounds a lot better than saying 5th in our conference I guess.

🤷‍♂️

How many 1st year SEC coaches did he beat out this year?

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I like to think of slinging power is like slinging mystery meat ..... Shut up and take what I give you

do you ever have to wear those special suits like we see in the movies?

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

do you ever have to wear those special suits like we see in the movies?

Not so much since I got my federal license but when I first started every day I worked mostly. There are two types of reactors bwr and pwr (actually 3 now but I don't want to complicate) if you are at a bwr you are going to have more radiation therefore more c zones (contaminated zones) and whenever you enter a c zone you need some special clothing.

But actually the spacesuit looking clothes you are talking about are only for very high radiation zones and I've only done that a couple of times. Take browns ferry in North Alabama for example you would have to wear your clothes, a tyveck suit on top of it, then some c zone clothing, tape your sleeves and ankles then put on the respirator suit ..... Doing that in June with the Alabama humidity isn't easy. Then you have to do whatever task you went in there for. 

Lucky for me usually an operator job is using his mind more than anything. But of course I've paid a bunch of dues and have many stories I could tell.

When people would be mad at me and say I don't have a job or I don't have a life was always funny because I post on here mostly when I'm at work. When I'm off I usually don't come on here at all lol. You have to work 12 hours shifts and switch from day shift to night shift weekly. 

Edited by cole256
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I hate continuing the derailment here, but since comments are being made publicly, I'll respond publicly.  But we aren't going to drill for oil on this.  

I'm not sure why the ownership and management of this site should decide how to handle the way some people behave on whether or not they're big enough to take them in a fight one on one.  It's an internet forum, not high school or the playground.  Nobody cares if someone usually intimidates folks face to face from saying what they really think of them or their behavior.  It's not relevant.  The basis for respect or not saying what you really think isn't tied to such considerations nor should it be.

If folks are told multiple times over many years to alter their approach here based on how the people who own and run it want the parameters to be and they keep not heeding that, eventually something is going to be done about it.  Those who are fine with it or it doesn't affect will stay.  Those who don't like it can decide what they want to do - adjust to the climate or move somewhere more palatable to them personally.  But no forum is going to be able to accommodate everyone or make everyone happy.  This is true whether they're free or pay to play.  Every place has its own feel and personality whether it's rigid and controlled, everything goes, or something in between.  But I'm not going to apologize for how the owner of this site wants things to be and how the mods and admins do their best to manage things.  I'm just stating facts - if this forum doesn't have the vibe you or someone else personally prefers or thinks is more interesting and fun, that's understandable.  Everybody's different.  But maybe it means rather than veiled complaints and jabs about the situation, folks who don't like or agree with it explore some other options.  Maybe there's something out there that will be more in line with how you think it ought to be.  

We certainly aren't perfect, but I'm comfortable with the decisions we've made and how we're managing the site.  I stay in regular communication with @RunInRed about these things.  He lets me know if he has different ideas on how to handle stuff - whether to take action or hold off.  Whether to address something head on or let it ride for a bit.  Contact him if you feel you've got a case to be made otherwise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I hate continuing the derailment here, but since comments are being made publicly, I'll respond publicly.  But we aren't going to drill for oil on this.  

I'm not sure why the ownership and management of this site should decide how to handle the way some people behave on whether or not they're big enough to take them in a fight one on one.  It's an internet forum, not high school or the playground.  Nobody cares if someone usually intimidates folks face to face from saying what they really think of them or their behavior.  It's not relevant.  The basis for respect or not saying what you really think isn't tied to such considerations nor should it be.

If folks are told multiple times over many years to alter their approach here based on how the people who own and run it want the parameters to be and they keep not heeding that, eventually something is going to be done about it.  Those who are fine with it or it doesn't affect will stay.  Those who don't like it can decide what they want to do - adjust to the climate or move somewhere more palatable to them personally.  But no forum is going to be able to accommodate everyone or make everyone happy.  This is true whether they're free or pay to play.  Every place has its own feel and personality whether it's rigid and controlled, everything goes, or something in between.  But I'm not going to apologize for how the owner of this site wants things to be and how the mods and admins do their best to manage things.  I'm just stating facts - if this forum doesn't have the vibe you or someone else personally prefers or thinks is more interesting and fun, that's understandable.  Everybody's different.  But maybe it means rather than veiled complaints and jabs about the situation, folks who don't like or agree with it explore some other options.  Maybe there's something out there that will be more in line with how you think it ought to be.  

We certainly aren't perfect, but I'm comfortable with the decisions we've made and how we're managing the site.  I stay in regular communication with @RunInRed about these things.  He lets me know if he has different ideas on how to handle stuff - whether to take action or hold off.  Whether to address something head on or let it ride for a bit.  Contact him if you feel you've got a case to be made otherwise.  

You literally just repeated what I said

8 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Sometimes I dont understand this forum of Auburn fans. This is not a joke accomplishment and belittling it is bizarre. SI and ESPN would be all over this (and rightly so) if it were Neutered Dame, Bama, Texas or USC. Far from an irrelevant accomplishment by Hugh & staff.

I don’t think many if any of us are belittling the accomplishment. We are belittling the post. This was a great recruiting class. That should be celebrated. But celebrate it correctly. Highlight the freeze five. State that it is one of the best classes in program history or that it is the best in the last 5 (or maybe 10… not bothering to fact check a hypothetical) years. What kind of idiot put okay’d the message that it was the best of a first year coach when it clearly wasn’t? They either didn’t fact check or worse, they intentionally put out something that was BS thinking no one would catch it. The social media department has been a little suspect the past few years. This is just yet again another example of them crapping the bed. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

i see a lot of people take shots at people all the time they just do it suttle like. after a while it gets old and people are human and do not take being disrespected on here well or even being talked  down to. so they  respond. i am sixty eight years old and i do not ever care to be lectured.ever. tell me what i did but if you talk down to me you are just as bad as folks starting fights. most of us try to abide by the rules.i do i have been guilty of stuff and i have no problem excepting my punishment if i deserve it but do NOT talk down to me. i understand mods and admins have a tough job because you will never make everyone happy. i appreciate your efforts but sometimes you need to talk to someone and ask them about something. i got in bad trouble for saying the word neggers and accused of being racist. i was talking about the red thumbs down as being negative. i am still upset about it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not so much since I got my federal license but when I first started every day I worked mostly. There are two types of reactors bwr and pwr (actually 3 now but I don't want to complicate) if you are at a bwr you are going to have more radiation therefore more c zones (contaminated zones) and whenever you enter a c zone you need some special clothing.

But actually the spacesuit looking clothes you are talking about are only for very high radiation zones and I've only done that a couple of times. Take browns ferry in North Alabama for example you would have to wear your clothes, a tyveck suit on top of it, then some c zone clothing, tape your sleeves and ankles then put on the respirator suit ..... Doing that in June with the Alabama humidity isn't easy. Then you have to do whatever task you went in there for. 

Lucky for me usually an operator job is using his mind more than anything. But of course I've paid a bunch of dues and have many stories I could tell.

When people would be mad at me and say I don't have a job or I don't have a life was always funny because I post on here mostly when I'm at work. When I'm off I usually don't come on here at all lol. You have to work 12 hours shifts and switch from day shift to night shift weekly. 

i had one of those scans monday where they shoot radioactive stuff inside me because they believe i have kidney cancer. being the old ball i am i am disapointed i did not glow in the dark that night. by the way i have huge respect for what you do for a living. you have to be super smart.

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

;) 

What's hilarious is they thought you were making fun of me so they reacted to your post. As a matter of fact start cracking jokes on anything I post and let's see what happens lol

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i had one of those scans monday where they shoot radioactive stuff inside me because they believe i have kidney cancer. being the old ball i am i am disapointed i did not glow in the dark that night. by the way i have huge respect for what you do for a living. you have to be super smart.

I know what you are talking about that stuff is either barium or iodine, while it is classified as radiation it actually absorbs x ray waves which is gamma radiation. So it actually helps you with x rays. It's the x ray itself that will give you the most dose. 3 types of radiation alpha, beta, gamma. Alpha and beta can be blocked with a thin piece of plastic, alpha can be blocked with a sheet of paper actually, but gamma radiation is what is scary. You have to block that with lead and concrete.

Thank you for the compliment, I'm appreciative of that 

I'm very sorry to here what you are going thru, I pray that you don't have cancer. I only have one kidney, I didn't find out until I was a sophomore in high school. I had to quit playing football because of it. I then had a bad scare with my health because a had a mass on the one kidney that I do have. I think a few people on here knew about it. I almost died. I say that to say I can emphasize and relate to that if you ever want to talk about that. But I'm just going to pray a prayer that you don't have it so you don't have to beat it 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I know what you are talking about that stuff is either barium or iodine, while it is classified as radiation it actually absorbs x ray waves which is gamma radiation. So it actually helps you with x rays. It's the x ray itself that will give you the most dose. 3 types of radiation alpha, beta, gamma. Alpha and beta can be blocked with a thin piece of plastic, alpha can be blocked with a sheet of paper actually, but gamma radiation is what is scary. You have to block that with lead and concrete.

Thank you for the compliment, I'm appreciative of that 

I'm very sorry to here what you are going thru, I pray that you don't have cancer. I only have one kidney, I didn't find out until I was a sophomore in high school. I had to quit playing football because of it. I then had a bad scare with my health because a had a mass on the one kidney that I do have. I think a few people on here knew about it. I almost died. I say that to say I can emphasize and relate to that if you ever want to talk about that. But I'm just going to pray a prayer that you don't have it so you don't have to beat it 

they tell me if it is cancer it is slow moving and not life threatening at all. i intend to pursue all options if it is. thank you for your warm thoughts. i was wrong about you for a,long time but i saw the light and i enjoy your posts. you have more patience than most people realize. i would have been banned long ago.

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What's hilarious is they thought you were making fun of me so they reacted to your post. As a matter of fact start cracking jokes on anything I post and let's see what happens lol

Just noticed the bolded part to setup the joke doesn't show unless someone clicks [Expand] lol

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i see a lot of people take shots at people all the time they just do it suttle like. after a while it gets old and people are human and do not take being disrespected on here well or even being talked  down to. so they  respond. i am sixty eight years old and i do not ever care to be lectured.ever. tell me what i did but if you talk down to me you are just as bad as folks starting fights. most of us try to abide by the rules.i do i have been guilty of stuff and i have no problem excepting my punishment if i deserve it but do NOT talk down to me. i understand mods and admins have a tough job because you will never make everyone happy. i appreciate your efforts but sometimes you need to talk to someone and ask them about something. i got in bad trouble for saying the word neggers and accused of being racist. i was talking about the red thumbs down as being negative. i am still upset about it.

Honestly, aubie, I don't have any ongoing issue with you.  I barely even remember the incident you're referencing.  If you got in trouble for something it was basically isolated to one incident and we moved on after that. I haven't intended to make you feel talked down to or like you're in some sort of ongoing trouble. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Well luckily the internet's a big place.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7iwd54w6bok736jw9vm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Honestly, aubie, I don't have any ongoing issue with you.  I barely even remember the incident you're referencing.  If you got in trouble for something it was basically isolated to one incident and we moved on after that. I haven't intended to make you feel talked down to or like you're in some sort of ongoing trouble. 

this was not an attack on you titan. you try hard to be fair and i see it.i did not care for you much at one time but i have grown fond of you. i think you are brilliant in some ways. i am not brown nosing just telling it straight. some of your posts on the pol boards are brilliant. i was talking about ANYONE talking down. by the way can we get that lastpoint removed on my profile?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7iwd54w6bok736jw9vm

word in the break room is you are a handsome fella. not accusing anyone of anything just throwing anything out there.......................

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

You are awesome fifty. Love the communication I am seeing . 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are awesome fifty. Love the communication I am seeing . 

dag i am getting old. i am not in the best of health. i decided i would try to be remembered as crazy and a good guy than a dick. once we are dead we cannot correct our wrongs. in the past i have jumped people when i confused what they said. it is embarrassing to i am trying to be a better person.

• Like 2

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Old my ass 

did you leave off the H suga?  lol you know i am crazy as hell...............grins

BTW. Congrats to Coach Freeze. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1