Men vs Ole Miss Game Thread

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

That’s where he met Andy dufrain after he was paroled 

I thought that was somewhere in Mexico.

31 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

J Williams said CBM kicked all the coaches out at halftime....so he's the leader on the team? Not surprised... 

@bigbird

• Like 2
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I love this with the jackass that used to play for ole miss in the stands . The white kid . Love the second half team. Fantastic work by Pearl and the tigers 

I forgot that's where he was.  Now we've been redeemed 😆 

• Haha 2

Great win on the road tonight.  We sure lit it up in the 2nd half. 

• Like 3

I started watching with 16:00 left. That was pretty impressive. But then again, this team is like that. If only they could be this resilient EVERY game! 
I like the fact that CBM and Denver are getting hot.

• Like 1

Interesting that a first year transfer has space to step up and take charge considering how many long time players are present in that squad 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Interesting that a first year transfer has space to step up and take charge considering how many long time players are present in that squad 

Yeah, it wouldn’t work if he wasn’t consistently one of the best players on the floor. 

6 minutes ago, BustemBigBlue said:

Yeah, it wouldn’t work if he wasn’t consistently one of the best players on the floor. 

Wish we could just transfer all that rizz to the more talented J will 

That was a great win!!! OM is a good team who played out of their minds in front of the second best home crowd in the conference and we took their best shot and then proceeded to chew up their manhood and spit it out in the shape of interlocking "A" and "U" on their midcourt logo.

War Eagle!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just got home from my first ever trip to Oxford. Great second half. The guys sitting behind us kept saying they had no answer for Broome. Broome went over with about 4 minutes left to introduce himself and shake hands with Morgan Freeman. It was pretty cool. 

Edit: I didn’t realize this is what prompted Broome to go over to shake his hand. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Finally a quad 1 win, although a pretty weak quad 1. But every win counts and the upcoming schedule is brutal. So glad to see our guys break out in the second half.

Come from behind win, this is something they had to experience to be able to do. Now if they are in the situation again they won't give up they know they can still win. I'll take this before kill everybody the entire season and first game in the tourney they are down and they don't know what to do and they lose. 

Stop crying about losses and stuff going wrong, be more concerned how they handle or bounce back from stuff that's wrong. 

• Like 5

Not sure if there is such a thing as a weak quad 1 win. Teams are losing on the road at a high clip this season. Any road win is good IMO

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

That was a great win!!! OM is a good team who played out of their minds in front of the second best home crowd in the conference and we took their best shot and then proceeded to chew up their manhood and spit it out in the shape of interlocking "A" and "U" on their midcourt logo.

War Eagle!!!

Especially with LK there posting they don't lose at home...

• Like 1

Hit 44% of your 3's on the road like tonight and you are going to win a lot of games.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Flannigan looked good. He'd be good on this team as far as defense. 

Apparently CBM stepped up and talked to the team at half .... That's exactly what I was talking about as far as guys will start getting their roles. A coach can't appoint stuff to a team, leadership and stuff like that is earned. 

So that's what I mean as far as each game we will learn different stuff and hopefully when it's tourney time everybody will understand their role and we will be clicking. We need to know who's needing the ball at the end of games, whos an enforcer, who is the guy setting things up for everybody etc. 

It's just waaay too early to think the team may suck. And fortunately we are learning while winning, that is a super big privilege, but sometimes you may learn while losing too, the most important thing is not making a bunch of mistakes at one time.

The other thing you can't teach is toughness and hopefully we will have that as well. This is why I say we over react every year. Every team has to do this and this year team has new guys at important positions.

Flan looks bad when his team is on the ropes. He was out of control, missing shots, falling down, shot getting blocked, throwing ball away. We are better with him at Ole Miss. 

• Like 2

Will the folks slamming CBP and the team in the first half come back around and give props?  Not sure who it was as I didn’t look at names but … good lord …

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Flan looks bad when his team is on the ropes. He was out of control, missing shots, falling down, shot getting blocked, throwing ball away. We are better with him at Ole Miss. 

I respect your opinion but like I said I think he'd be awesome for us on defense. Add him on defense I think we could be a top 5 defense in the nation. And he had 3 to's we had like 3 guys with that, and our entire team looked bad on the ropes last couple of games. he only averages 2 to's and he averages 2 steals. He'd be great depth, and I can remember when he was the only person on our team not scared of Gonzaga, arky, and the other good teams, but I know many of you didn't like him for whatever reason. But I wish we had him this year. Whatever we do it will be done on defense.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

J Williams said CBM kicked all the coaches out at halftime....so he's the leader on the team? Not surprised... 

I said he and Chaney were going to be able to give us a new identity on defense. Guards and defense is what makes noise when it's tourney time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Will the folks slamming CBP and the team in the first half come back around and give props?  Not sure who it was as I didn’t look at names but … good lord …

I definitely think the collective mentality can swing pretty wildly on here. Dudes were treating Pearl like he’s a serial loser or something

• Like 2