Men vs Ole Miss Game Thread

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Man … I’ve got to admit I liked the Cisse shuffle.  He deserved to hype with the crowd and I loved the crowd’s response.  It put a smile on my face.   Kudos to that young man and also the ole miss crowd.  They seem to have a solid home court.

all of this is much much easier to say after we win however!

Thanks, Lane.  

• Haha 1

Hey guys, give Mr Officiating a break. He's an "Expert" and we need more experts her on AUF.

Seriously, I'm okay with anybody's Quasi-Nega-Nellie vibe. If they are just calling it as they sees it, I don't see criticism of team play as necessarily evil. Not everyone assesses all the nuances of BB the same.

That said, I sure was glad to see Auburn awake from their somnolence to actually play BB in the 2nd half.

The come back is good to see a few times, you don't want to see not coming out ready a bunch though. You can't be too cocky with the switch. Best to stay ready so you don't have to get ready

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 12:52 AM, cole256 said:

I respect your opinion but like I said I think he'd be awesome for us on defense. Add him on defense I think we could be a top 5 defense in the nation. And he had 3 to's we had like 3 guys with that, and our entire team looked bad on the ropes last couple of games. he only averages 2 to's and he averages 2 steals. He'd be great depth, and I can remember when he was the only person on our team not scared of Gonzaga, arky, and the other good teams, but I know many of you didn't like him for whatever reason. But I wish we had him this year. Whatever we do it will be done on defense.

i am such a fan i bought two autographed sports cards of him. i hate he left but folks hint it was for the best so i have not a clue.

On 2/3/2024 at 7:27 PM, Ausburn2 said:

His hometown was Clarksdale Mississippi. NW of Oxford.

Greatest thing about MF is he's looked exactly the same for the last 25 years

Edited by EagleEye67

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

The come back is good to see a few times, you don't want to see not coming out ready a bunch though. You can't be too cocky with the switch. Best to stay ready so you don't have to get ready

I have to admit that I was bummed after the first half.  What amazed me is that CBM took over the locker room, so the coaches could not communicate plan changes during the 1/2 time break.  In spite of that, the team came out and rolled into the 2nd half.  Maybe the team was so focused on a conservative plan in the 1st half (playing tight) that they were not executing?

Also, Ole Miss looked fatigued or playing tight in the 2nd half, they just weren't moving the same.  Chris Beard must have been frustrated to the max.  He was sweating, red faced.  Wes Flan looked grim too.  That was a sad looking group by the end of that game, totally deflated.

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, BizEagle said:

I have to admit that I was bummed after the first half.  What amazed me is that CBM took over the locker room, so the coaches could not communicate plan changes during the 1/2 time break.  In spite of that, the team came out and rolled into the 2nd half.  Maybe the team was so focused on a conservative plan in the 1st half (playing tight) that they were not executing?

Also, Ole Miss looked fatigued or playing tight in the 2nd half, they just weren't moving the same.  Chris Beard must have been frustrated to the max.  He was sweating, red faced.  Wes Flan looked grim too.  That was a sad looking group by the end of that game, totally deflated.

According to one report,  Pearl and coaches went over the 2nd half plan after the player meeting. 

there was an ole miss fan holding up a huge picture of a squirrel in the crowd. does anyone know what it meant? it has been bugging me.............

1 hour ago, BizEagle said:

I believe the coaches were instructing the players before and after CBM showed his leadership.  CBP also deserves credit for reading the room and allowing that to take place.  … and the teammates responded.  Everyone deserves applause for what could be a pivotal moment for a special season.  Time will tell.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

there was an ole miss fan holding up a huge picture of a squirrel in the crowd. does anyone know what it meant? it has been bugging me.............

Next mascot maybe? Colonel Reb, Black Bear, Shark, maybe a squirrel next?? 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

He's a caller on Finebaum.  Goes by squirrel 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

This happened in Mississippi:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2024 at 12:09 PM, Tiger said:

😂😂😂😂😂 Holy **** you did it. YOU DID IT!!! WE ARE MAKING HISTORY IN THIS THREAD, GUYS!!

Hang this one in the rafters, mods. We have the literal DUMBEST POST in the history of this board right here before our eyes. It's a beauty isn't it? I'm actually honored to have been part of this thread. Thank you for your service.

Give him a break. His brain thought "not" but his fingers typed "literally" in his post.

23 minutes ago, Grumps said:

This happened in Mississippi:

It was an honor to attend services at the First Self Righteous church in the sleepy little town of Pascagula.

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He's a caller on Finebaum.  Goes by squirrel 

Fitting, since Finebaum could easily go by "weasel". 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2024 at 7:13 AM, OfficiatingExpert said:

Bruce is literally the same coach as Gus but with different expectations. He wins a lot of games and it’s fun. I really hope we have some more success this year and it doesn’t get stale. 

lol everybody was up my ass for saying this six weeks ago before we took our biggest postseason L in school history

37 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

lol everybody was up my ass for saying this six weeks ago before we took our biggest postseason L in school history

Ok

6 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Lol. So basically you say he wins a bunch of games and wait until he loses and then say see?? 

Tell you what I bet it's going to rain in the Southeast in the next  months. I'll be back to tell you how awesome I am when fall hits.

Why don't you have some balls and actually make a call so one way or the other. Then beat your chest when you made that call hella early. I'd respect that.

Edited by cole256