Why Republican Politicians Do Whatever Trump Says

34 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I must be going crazy, I don’t see any chart that you gave me in this thread.  Could you repost?

My apologies. It didn’t post originally.

IMG_0510.png

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

My apologies. It didn’t post originally.

IMG_0510.png

Thanks, now delete all your BS responses to something you never posted.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

IDK. Perhaps, but you are welcome to show proof.

How about applying common wisdom?  "A stitch in time saves nine".

Instead of:  "Denying a looming problem will eventually make it disappear" (said no one ever).

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

The polarization paradox: Elected officials and voters have shifted in opposite directions

So more and more Democrats are identifying as liberal and the Republicans Party is becoming fascist (while traditional conservatives in the party leave).

I don't see the problem here. :dunno:

Edited by homersapien

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thanks, now delete all your BS responses to something you never posted.

Ok. And now that you see you’re wrong, what do you do differently?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

How about applying common wisdom?  "A stitch in time saves nine".

Instead of:  "Denying a looming problem will eventually make it disappear" (said no one ever).

So you admit you have no proof. Got it.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So more and more Democrats are identifying as liberal and the Republicans Party is becoming fascist (while traditional conservatives in the party leave).

I don't see the problem here. :dunno:

Your comprehension issues continue. :homer:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Ok. And now that you see you’re wrong, what do you do differently?

I wouldn’t conflate NATO contributions and Ukraine aid.  By dollar amount the US is way ahead even for aid to Ukraine:

image.thumb.jpeg.deec3329c0459a348f84c00b4e6ab469.jpeg

35 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So you admit you have no proof. Got it.

Proof of what?  That Trump denied the pandemic in the initial stages? Seriously???

Or do you need proof that denying a problem pretty much makes it worse when you finally have to deal with it??  :laugh:

Edited by homersapien

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Proof of what?  That Trump denied the pandemic in the initial stages? Seriously???

Or do you need proof that denying a problem pretty much makes it worse when you finally have to deal with it??  :laugh:

Did you forget your claim in that short order?

Just now, homersapien said:

Then perhaps you'd like to explain it?  :rolleyes:

Explain Biden's. Probably similar.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I wouldn’t conflate NATO contributions and Ukraine aid.  By dollar amount the US is way ahead even for aid to Ukraine:

Recall the story of the widow’s mite? So you think Estonia should match the US dollar to dollar. And do you understand how these contributions largely work?

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Recall the story of the widow’s mite? So you think Estonia should match the US dollar to dollar. And do you understand how these contributions largely work?

And everyone needs to keep in mind that most of the US aid - in dollars - is being paid to U.S. arms producers who are supplying the ammunition and weapons to Ukraine.

There is no rational reason to oppose U.S. aid to Ukraine on a patriotic basis. None.   It is completely in our interest.

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I didn’t say that.  The contribution was based on GDP and Estonia is bellying up.  I just said in dollar value the US leads again.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What was my "claim"?

So you did forget in short order. Well let me give you a tip: your claim still exist in this thread. ;)

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I didn’t say that.  The contribution was based on GDP and Estonia is bellying up.  I just said in dollar value the US leads again.

As is to be expected. If the question is Europe doing their part, they are.

• Like 2

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

So you did forget in short order. Well let me give you a tip: your claim still exist in this thread. ;)

Are you actively campaigning for my "ignore" list?  

I've kept you off as a useful foil, but you clearly aren't up to the task.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Are you actively campaigning for my "ignore" list?  

I've kept you off as a useful foil, but you clearly aren't up to the task.

I'm not, although it could prove wise on your part as challenging me doesn't tend to work out well for you. :gofig:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think this a VERY fair conversation. Just not in a political rally dangling allies in front of Putin.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think this a VERY fair conversation. Just not in a political rally dangling allies in front of Putin.

IM4Trump will defend anything Trump does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Interesting take on the Ukraine from RFK:

It may be "interesting" history from RFK, but it's not accurate history. 

1. There was never an agreement not to move NATO to the east in return for German unification: 

https://www.rferl.org/a/nato-expansion-russia-mislead/31263602.html

There is no written treaty or document that states such a thing, Gorbechev himself has flipped flopped on what was said or promised and has himself claimed that NATO limits of expansion was not part of the agreement, and we're basically at a 'he said, he said' argument on if NATO expansion was ever even discussed much less if limits on expansion were ever guaranteed. 

2. There is no proof that the United states instigated or caused the 2014 coup in Ukraine. I like how this video proves RFK's claim with a headline of "PUTIN ACCUSES US OF UKRAINE 2014 COUP" 

RFK is repeating Putins talking points. Yes, diplomatically the US and Europe supported the pro-western revolutionaries fighting against the pro-Russian government, and it makes sense that Russia and Putin wanted the pro-Russian government to remain in power, but that does not = US causing coup in Ukraine. 

RFK isn't saying anything new here. He's just repeating Russian and Putin talking points and excuses for why they invaded Ukraine. All of which of course are the result of evil American and European imperialists breaking promises and encroaching on poor, peace-loving Russia who has no choice but to invade it's neighbors to protect itself. 

I'm sure RFK also believes the Ukraine government is fully controlled by Nazis and that Russia actually does have legitimate territorial claims on previous lands of the USSR. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'm not, although it could prove wise on your part as challenging me doesn't tend to work out well for you. :gofig:

"Challenging" you???:rolleyes:  That's rich! :laugh:

You're too insecure to provide a straightforward response to direct questions.  It's always diversionary. 

Edited by homersapien