Not a good weekend

9 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Weather sucks, Auburn lost, bammer won. And I couldn't give two sh-ts about the Super Bowl, haven't in years.

You mean you aren’t a swift or kelcie lover???

hope the 49ers can ruin this pathetic sickness 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

You mean you aren’t a swift or kelcie lover???

hope the 49ers can ruin this pathetic sickness 

I really just don't like football anymore. Auburn not being good for so long has ruined it for me. And on Super Bowl Sunday, there is no basketball on, except maybe early in the afternoon.

I used to love the NFL and the Super Bowl.  But I was lucky then because I'm a Patriots fan.  Not so lucky now...

The only reason I'm watching the Super Bowl tonight is because I really want to see the Chiefs lose.  And more than that, it's an excuse to grill some food and drink some beer.

If the Chiefs win tonight, the weekend will truly be bad.

I'm still not over the loss yesterday.  I thought we had turned a corner after the OM and UA games.

• Like 1

I'll say bad starting on Saturday.  Friday night largest whipping of Bama in gymnastics was a nice result. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I used to love the NFL and the Super Bowl.  But I was lucky then because I'm a Patriots fan.  Not so lucky now...

The only reason I'm watching the Super Bowl tonight is because I really want to see the Chiefs lose.  And more than that, it's an excuse to grill some food and drink some beer.

If the Chiefs win tonight, the weekend will truly be bad.

I'm still not over the loss yesterday.  I thought we had turned a corner after the OM and UA games.

I'm taking the loss yesterday harder than usual too. Thought Florida was a team we were a lot better than. Right back to a game behind in the standings. I also truly fear that no one will catch bama, and that makes it extra depressing. If bama has lost yesterday and we didn't lose any ground, it would have made things a lot more palatable.

24 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I'm taking the loss yesterday harder than usual too. Thought Florida was a team we were a lot better than. Right back to a game behind in the standings. I also truly fear that no one will catch bama, and that makes it extra depressing. If bama has lost yesterday and we didn't lose any ground, it would have made things a lot more palatable.

Yeah, me too.  It wasn't so much that we lost - it was the way we lost.  We were out hustled and outplayed in every phase.  And Aden Holloway continues to regress.  He didn't even score yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Yeah, me too.  It wasn't so much that we lost - it was the way we lost.  We were out hustled and outplayed in every phase.  And Aden Holloway continues to regress.  He didn't even score yesterday.

In our other losses, we may have come up short, but were at least in the game with a chance to win at the end. Against teams much better than UF. Yesterday was just a piss poor effort all the way around. We just mailed it in.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 9:46 PM, arktiger1975 said:

I really just don't like football anymore. Auburn not being good for so long has ruined it for me. And on Super Bowl Sunday, there is no basketball on, except maybe early in the afternoon.

That's odd.  I watched basketball most of the day yesterday.   I think the last game I wached ened around 630 or 7 last night.

On 2/11/2024 at 12:04 PM, arktiger1975 said:

In our other losses, we may have come up short, but were at least in the game with a chance to win at the end. Against teams much better than UF. Yesterday was just a piss poor effort all the way around. We just mailed it in.

I had a feeling something like that would happen. We beat bama like a red headed step child with freckles. then we decided to take a step back and take a look at our work.

• Like 1

Florida having a full week off didn’t help, but we have to do better. 

• Like 2

• WarTiger changed the title to Not a good weekend