πŸ’™Men vs South Carolina Game Thread!🧑

War damn broooooome and J Will Eagle bay baaaaay!!!! Woooooo!!!!! Yesssirrrrr!!!! Leggoooo!!!!!! πŸ’™πŸ§‘πŸ¦…πŸ―πŸ…

IMG_7043.jpeg

IMG_7042.jpeg

IMG_7041.jpeg

IMG_7040.jpeg

IMG_7039.jpeg

IMG_7038.jpeg

IMG_7037.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_7035.jpeg

It suddenly dawned on me that KD and GwillMac6 are the same person bringing the same energy.Β 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Yes

Bench points - AU wins 39-1

thats unbelievableΒ 

What’s unbelievable, our bench out scored theirs by 38 and our starters still out scored theirs as well.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lolololol they shot 9 more free throws than us and we still rocked them!!!

Are these official stats? Weren't there at least three flagrant fouls>

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Β 

Come on man. You know he got low blood sugar...

26 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Come on man. You know he got low blood sugar...

i never heard that. i am old so i have to ask if you are joking? just curious............that young man is a warrior.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i never heard that. i am old so i have to ask if you are joking? just curious............that young man is a warrior.

Yes. It were a joke...

Β 

Now that I had to explain it, its not as funny as it was in my head...

Edited by CCTAU
  • Haha 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

Yes. It were a joke...

i swear i love i am alive but having ask things i normal would realize is tough. thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Are these official stats? Weren't there at least three flagrant fouls>

I didn't like the flagrant on Cardwell.Β  He's a huge, powerful, clumsy player who can't adjust during a move.Β  He does not have a much control as smaller, lighter players do.Β  Caldwell's hand slid off the ball, USC's player's arms, and landed on the guy's shoulder.Β  It just happens when a guy built like a giant NFL offensive lineman plays basketball.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

What’s unbelievable, our bench out scored theirs by 38 and our starters still out scored theirs as well.

What's even crazier is our scout team outscored their bench 4-1Β 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lolololol they shot 9 more free throws than us and we still rocked them!!!

They made 22 FTs - that means they scored only 39 offensive points.Β  THats what amazed me.Β  We were able to limit the number of points from the field to 39 points for a highly ranked team.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Yes. It were a joke...

Β 

Now that I had to explain it, its not as funny as it was in my head...

It was never as funny as it was in your head. Β 

4 hours ago, BizEagle said:

I didn't like the flagrant on Cardwell.Β  He's a huge, powerful, clumsy player who can't adjust during a move.Β  He does not have a much control as smaller, lighter players do.Β  Caldwell's hand slid off the ball, USC's player's arms, and landed on the guy's shoulder.Β  It just happens when a guy built like a giant NFL offensive lineman plays basketball.

I don’t disagree that the flagrant on Cardwell wasn’t legit (unless he contacted the opponent’s head, which he may have). Β To call him basically clumsy is ridiculous. Β That man will have a long career barring injuries if he wants to pursue that overseas. Β 

1 hour ago, 81spacetiger said:

They made 22 FTs - that means they scored only 39 offensive points.Β  THats what amazed me.Β  We were able to limit the number of points from the field to 39 points for a highly ranked team.

They like a slow pace and punishing inside play. Β That combined with our defense made a bad combination for them.Β 

3 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

What's even crazier is our scout team outscored their bench 4-1Β 

You are disrespecting those guys calling them the β€œscout team”. Β One will probably play a bigger role next year.Β 

53 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

You are disrespecting those guys calling them the β€œscout team”. Β One will probably play a bigger role next year.Β 

They quite literally run the scout team side of practice. That's like saying a freshman quarterback on scout team that'll start in 2 years is being disrespected by being an important part of game prep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BizEagle said:

Yes. That one was bogus. Looked a lot worse than it was. Should not have been called. Refs trying to keep control I guess.

8 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

They quite literally run the scout team side of practice. That's like saying a freshman quarterback on scout team that'll start in 2 years is being disrespected by being an important part of game prep.

I get that and three of them are. Β  I would prefer deep bench players over the scout team moniker. Β I am a weird guy who respects anyone who practices everyday for two minutes of late game play half a dozen times a year.Β 

• Like 1

They take the 12th man tradition very seriously at tamu….Β 
Β 

IMG_7019.jpeg

IMG_7013.jpeg

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, BizEagle said:

It doesn't matter if it was intentional. It wasn't as could be seen by Cardwell apologizing and helping player up. That said by rule it was a flagrant 1 foul. I had no pro lem with the call.Β 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NCAubs said:

We’re in a horrible, horrible situation if that’s the case.Β 

17 hours ago, NCAubs said:

I get that and three of them are. Β  I would prefer deep bench players over the scout team moniker. Β I am a weird guy who respects anyone who practices everyday for two minutes of late game play half a dozen times a year.Β 

Me too. I've never liked calling players who don't play much "scrubs". Especially at that level, even the so-called "scrubs" would likely dominate if they played at a lower level. Many of them are sacrificing just to be a part of a great program.

• Like 1