Grades given out

DCTiger

Defensive Coaching: Solid C

D-Line: D- (weakest link. I expected this to be a stregnth and it seems to be a weakness)

LBs: B (A few missed tackles early, then a solid game.)

DBs. B (Again, a few mistakes early than basicly pretty solid. Pitts made some late mistakes, and some late great plays. Herring is Defensive player of the game.)

Offensive Coaching: C- (Borgas had no creativity. Didnt run enough. Did we have 2 RBs in the game at the same time .... ever?)

Running Game: C (Where was Kenny Irons? Where was the creativity? Why didnt we try what we did so well last year with 2 backs?)

QB: C (Showed potential at times, but 5 turnovers wont cut it. Definitly needed some help with some play calling.)

WRs: A (Get them the ball and they can make stuff happen)

O-Line C (Nothing impressive there.)

Special Teams: C (did what they were supposed to do, but nothing big)

No no no no no....

I give the QB (not QBs).... I give the QB an F only because there isn't a grade lesser than that. All those INTs is the worse thing you could ever do in a football game. He is the worse QB ever. He showed accuracy and good checking at the line, but accuracy only goes so far when you are accurate to the defense more so than the offense. All those INTs... all were right at him - I don't care if he was hit or not. Jason throws TDs when he is hit.

<edited out what appears to be a personal remark toward a player -- CT>>

I don't see how you could give the QB or O-line Cs after 5 turnovers in the second hal. I believe the QB earned a solid F- and the line at least an F right behind him for the pressure he took. Cox showed some potential, but regardless to that gave the ball up 5 times in the second hald when we were only behind by 1 TD - no excuses. Our O-line shares the credit for not keeping the pressure off.

with all the cheap shots agaistCOX was bound to be inconsistent...

only true F I saw was the blatantly biased REFS!!

NO PFs called for head shots on COx and no PI calls against Tech's corners...except ONE early on!!!

WE got shafted period!!

BAMA WAS SHAFTED AGAINST LSU BY THE REFS on one play...we got an ENTIRE GAME of bad calls and NO calls!!!

If we let it get to the points where the ref's decided the game, then the blame is on us! Look to the O-line and a rookie QB, but blaming the refs is BS. I saw a few bad calls to be sure, but none that were the game breakers that some claim.

I think a "C" for Cox is fair. He did some things right. He showed some poise for much of the game. He also made some mistakes.

After reviewing the stats this morning, I'll bump up the special teams to a B-. Aromie had some good runbacks and we pretty much stopped them.

I still dont understand where last year's creativity in play calling has been.

How in the world can you give Herring def. player of the game?????????? Missed tackles all over the field!!!! The D looked lost all night and none I mean no pressure on the quaterback. The team just looked like they had no heart or desire to even be there last night. The talent is there, boy is there talent but without heart and desire it will not come together. (just my 2 cents)

If we let it get to the points where the ref's decided the game, then the blame is on us!  Look to the O-line and a rookie QB, but blaming the refs is BS.  I saw a few bad calls to be sure, but none that were the game breakers that some claim.

178189[/snapback]

How about that hit he took after the play was over (I believe it was Cox.) That was deliberate and bad sportsmanship. Had the refs called it, we might have had a chance for another touchdown. It would have increased our time of possession. Plus, how do you think it feels to get shoved to the ground long after you throw the ball? Do you think that is a confidence builder? No one knows for sure what would have happened, but I sure as heck liked to have seen GT penalized for roughing the passer.

If we're talking about the same play, it was after Cox threw an interception, and technically the hit could be called a block. I agree that it was a very close call, but would have had no impact on possession because it occured after GT intercepted the pass.

There were several things about the game that leave me with question marks--serious question marks.....

- KNOWING that Tech was going to blitz almost every down, WHY didn't we execute more screen passes, draws, and "pop" passes to offset the rush???? Cox took too much time setting up for that kiind of pressure...!

- WHY was Kenny Irons and Carl Stewart not included more in the game plan? Is their blocking substandard or something??????????? WHERE was the running game?

- Who would pair David Irons up on 6'-5" Carl Johnson??? Total mismatch and where was Tony Bell???

- Borges seemed Brain Dead when calling plays and showed little or no imagination last night...Maybe Borges was a "fluke."

-WHY was the defense so tentative compared with Tech's. I've heard to BULL that we are an "Attack" D, but last night, Tech was the "attack" D and were were in the crap house.

OH yes, Tubs, why not go for the field goal which would have tied up the game and given the team a "lift"................. :puke::thumbsdown:

Having said all this and cleared my bowels, I do believe that this team will be one to be proud of before many days or weeks. BC has to calm down now, Borges and Gibbs have to earn their high salaries. Our schedule SHOULD allow us time now to mature some and iron out our problems before the meat of our schedule comes to us. Oh yes, next time some idiot like David Housel decides to schedule a TOUGH team with experience for an opener, tell him where to go. I forgot, we did! :blink::big:

How in the world can you give Herring def. player of the game??????????  Missed tackles all over the field!!!!  The D looked lost all night and none I mean no pressure on the quaterback. The team just looked like they had no heart or desire to even be there last night. The talent is there, boy is there talent but without heart and desire it will not come together. (just my 2 cents)

178227[/snapback]

What the **** were you watching? Herring missed what tackles? He looked pretty damn impressive out there to me. Every Running play that broke through the line, Will stopped.

Reality sets in. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would look this unprepared and out of sink. I think we simply lost it in the line play. Our DL could not stop the GT running game. OL played marginal most of the game or maybe it was the inability of the backs to pickup blocks. We looked undersized on D and did not have a back who could break a tackle running. Receivers looked very good and probably saved Cox with some great catches in traffic. We simply looked like some of Tubbs early teams at AU. Hopefully we can win the next three and make some big improvement before So Carolina. I think by the end of the year we could be a good team. A lot of improvement will be needed and quickly. Lack of any real running game was the defining factor for us. Miss State will go to school on the pressure D.

Reality sets in. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would look this unprepared and out of sink. I think we simply lost it in the line play. Our DL could not stop the GT running game. OL played marginal most of the game or maybe it was the inability of the backs to pickup blocks. We looked undersized on D and did not have a back who could break a tackle running. Receivers looked very good and probably saved Cox with some great catches in traffic. We simply looked like some of Tubbs early teams at AU. Hopefully we can win the next three and make some big improvement before So Carolina. I think by the end of the year we could be a good team. A lot of improvement will be needed and quickly. Lack of any real running game was the defining factor for us. Miss State will go to school on the pressure D.

178253[/snapback]

I think this is a great point. The AU defensive line got whipped repeatedly. Tech routinely ripped off 3-8 yd runs between the tackles. Don't know if this is overpursuit by our stud defensive ends or what, but very disheartening. If we can't stop GT from running right at us, it could be a long season in the SEC.

Whoever made the comment about Borges having no creativity.. I don't think that is the case, nor is he a fluke.

I believe he was nervous in his play calling last night. Georgia Tech got us scared from the get go, and he was probably scared to have Cox running those other plays, lol. The only fault I have is that we didn't run enough, and I bet that is fixed next Saturday.

Remember, we can't get 13-0 every season.. and look at Oklahoma, they got beat by TCU!!! :cheer:

How in the world can you give Herring def. player of the game?????????? Missed tackles all over the field!!!!

Herring missed a tackle on the first drive of the game, and after that he was EVERYWHERE.

Where was McGlover? Did he play? :no:

Cox was great when he wasn't trying to force it.

It was his first game and he was pretty much forced to take over the game himself. This leads to forcing plays, which were the interceptions.

He isn't a bad QB. Very accurate when there was actual protection.

I'm sorry some people can't look at the real picture, instead of taking the most pesimistic view without even rationalizing.

If we're talking about the same play, it was after Cox threw an interception, and technically the hit could be called a block.  I agree that it was a very close call, but would have had no impact on possession because it occured after GT intercepted the pass.

178240[/snapback]

COX was hit late in the second quarter after he passed short to Courtney on a dump off pass attempt..the DT took THREE steps after he released the ball spinning COx to the ground and the head official bust looked @ Cox on the ground and blew him off.

Henderson, the LB w/family in NO, got away with another head shot on COx in the third. No call.

#96 should've been TOSSED for that cheap blindside shot on Cox where he then sat on COx and shoved his facemask into the turf..the PENALTIES IN THAT PLAY WERE ACTUALLY THROWN IN THE AU backfield but were given AGAINST Auburn.

Sorry but an SEC crew would've called a TON more calls in that game. THUG ACC @ it's worst.

GIBBS DID A POOR JOB ON D getting the calls in late..

Cox was great when he wasn't trying to force it.

It was his first game and he was pretty much forced to take over the game himself.  This leads to forcing plays, which were the interceptions.

He isn't a bad QB.  Very accurate when there was actual protection.

I'm sorry some people can't look at the real picture, instead of taking the most pesimistic view without even rationalizing.

178268[/snapback]

He has talent but he went back to his old habit of locking in on receivers...ala Chrissy Simms (Texas,Tampa Bay)

Archived