Trump Ordered to Pay $355 Million in New York Fraud Case

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not here to change your mind about Trump, his personality is abrasive to say the least, to me he is the best of the two candidates regardless of how he acted after the 2020 election.  Biden has shown he doesn’t know what he is doing and I would rather have a President that is responsible for his actions and not given a pass because he is a sympathetic person.

To the adjucdications; OJ, by the criminal courts, is not a murderer, however, by the civil courts he is.  Which one would have resulted in jail time?

I want to lovingly remind again that there aren’t just 2 candidates. Biden isn’t even the gops opponent till mid summer . Primaries have just started. 

The lesser of 2 evils, “I don’t want to vote for Trump but that damn Biden’s so bad”, ect stuff.  Noise. The gop is passing on Haley (and a zillion other candidates 2 months ago), who’d secure the border and stop all the other Biden is maga evil policy stuff - and she even polls far better than Trump.

So let’s just be honest - the gop and its voters have/had a zillion chances to trade up and dump insanity - and get their policies - and they still overwhelmingly back him. Again, this has nothing to do with Biden. It’s solely about what the gop has become.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Holy s*** if that’s your spin your even more far gone than I thought lol. 

He's really exposed himself in this thread.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

He is openly guilty of fraud, being a lousy husband, a blowhard, an a**hole. 

For all the howler-monkey wailing, I have yet to see him actually convicted of anything.

But then again, I know OJ is guilty.
I know Epstein and his friends are guilty. 
I know Menedez is guilty.
I know you don't pay a crackhead $10Ms for nothing. 

He was found liable of sexual abuse in a civil trial. That might not mean as much as criminal, but it does align with his confirmed comments about being able to grab a woman by her p**** and bragging about forcefully shoving his tongue down a married woman’s throat. For me, that adds predator to the list you stated. 

To me it’s all semantics. People (myself included) have planted a flag: hate him or worship him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

We are in a mess that could have been avoided if both sides would have stepped back and realized these two guys are not what we need to take America forward.

With that statement, we do have something in common!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

To me it’s all semantics. People (myself included) have planted a flag: hate him or worship him. 

Literally.image.thumb.png.ef8b24a72d9aaf3a3dc595c0fcc25353.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I want to lovingly remind again that there aren’t just 2 candidates. Biden isn’t even the gops opponent till mid summer . Primaries have just started. 

The lesser of 2 evils, “I don’t want to vote for Trump but that damn Biden’s so bad”, ect stuff.  Noise. The gop is passing on Haley (and a zillion other candidates 2 months ago), who’d secure the border and stop all the other Biden is maga evil policy stuff - and she even polls far better than Trump.

So let’s just be honest - the gop and its voters have/had a zillion chances to trade up and dump insanity - and get their policies - and they still overwhelmingly back him. Again, this has nothing to do with Biden. It’s solely about what the gop has become.

Nikki seems headed toward one of 2 options— 1) long shot —that Trump dies or otherwise isn’t the standard bearer ; 2) much more likely- she At some point declares “If there’s no longer a place for me and (names other more reasonable Republicans cast out by Trump) in the Republican Party, then it’s no longer the Republican Party. It’s the Trump party.” And then goes about building a 3rd party for 2028 that seeks to attract the growing number of independents.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Nikki seems headed toward one of 2 options— 1) long shot —that Trump dies or otherwise isn’t the standard bearer ; 2) much more likely- she At some point declares “If there’s no longer a place for me and (names other more reasonable Republicans cast out by Trump) in the Republican Party, then it’s no longer the Republican Party. It’s the Trump party.” And then goes about building a 3rd party for 2028 that seeks to attract the growing number of independents.

She’s Liz cheney’d in the gop  unless she relo’s to a purple state. I agree about third party but 2028 is hard to predict except that both parties will potentially have better candidates. IMO if she really wants to make a run, 2024 is the best opportunity for any 3.rd party. And you would like that she more than likely hurts trump more than Biden.

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are forgetting a couple of things.....

The "Oligarch" you mention was given due process.  He was allowed to present evidence and testimony.  The evidence was clear that he committed fraud.

I also question the amount of the fine, but at the end of the day, his mouth wrote a check that his ass couldn't cash. Whining about "other people do it too" is a cheap retort for a man that has a history of wanting his opponents "locked up" for far less serious infractions.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

He was found liable of sexual abuse in a civil trial. That might not mean as much as criminal, but it does align with his confirmed comments about being able to grab a woman by her p**** and bragging about forcefully shoving his tongue down a married woman’s throat. For me, that adds predator to the list you stated. 

I hated him at first sighting on Oprah or Donohue. He was selling "his" book The Art of the Deal. I knew instantly that a low IQ sleaze like him didn't write a word of it. He is a conman through and through. Always has been. 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden has shown he doesn’t know what he is doing and I would rather have a President that is responsible for his actions...

You are so full of s**t. Trump doesn't hold himself responsible for anything and you know it. You also rail against the very people and institutions who are actually trying to hold him responsible.

You must be trying to fool yourself, because you're not fooling anyone else here.

• Love 2

23 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The "Oligarch" you mention was given due process.  He was allowed to present evidence and testimony.  The evidence was clear that he committed fraud.

Back September of last year Judge Engoron declared Trump guilty of fraud before any evidence and testimony was given.

A judge ruled Tuesday that Donald Trump committed fraud for years while building the real estate empire that catapulted him to fame and the White House, and he ordered some of the former president’s companies removed from his control and dissolved.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-lawsuit-1569245a9284427117b8d3ba5da74249

Letitia James ran on *getting Trump* and there was not a party that claimed a fraud was committed except the State of NY through it’s AG.  Seem a little fishy, but that is the way it goes in a communist state.

30 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Whining about "other people do it too" is a cheap retort for a man that has a history of wanting his opponents "locked up" for far less serious infractions.

Please name the people Trump had locked up for any infraction?  Biden can’t say the same, can he.

5 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You are so full of s**t. Trump doesn't hold himself responsible for anything and you know it. You also rail against the very people and institutions who are actually trying to hold him responsible.

You must be trying to fool yourself, because you're not fooling anyone else here.

Who is going to hold anybody responsible?  The court system.  Trump is being held responsible and if he is, in fact, found guilty of a crime he will pay.  Biden hides behind being senile when it is convenient to him and out right lies in his more sane moments (I have never talked with my son about his business affairs).  You are trying to let Biden off the hook because of your hatred for all thing Trump, I would like to see both receive the same treatment.

My point is not to fool anyone.  You can’t fool anyone who has their mind made up Trump is a menace to the human race.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Back September of last year Judge Engoron declared Trump guilty of fraud before any evidence and testimony was given.

A judge ruled Tuesday that Donald Trump committed fraud for years while building the real estate empire that catapulted him to fame and the White House, and he ordered some of the former president’s companies removed from his control and dissolved.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-lawsuit-1569245a9284427117b8d3ba5da74249

Letitia James ran on *getting Trump* and there was not a party that claimed a fraud was committed except the State of NY through it’s AG.  Seem a little fishy, but that is the way it goes in a communist state.

Please name the people Trump had locked up for any infraction?  Biden can’t say the same, can he.

I never said that he had someone locked up.  I said that he wanted people locked up.  That chant isn't a distant memory. 

In this country, the justice system, not the executive, locks people up.  This case was filed by the NY Attorney General.

There are a lot of qualified people that don't run for public office.  Most make that decision because they don't want people doing a dissection of their business practices.  In that light, I would agree that what Trump was found guilty of doing in this case is not uncommon among New York real estate investors.  However, those investors aren't putting their lives out for public inspection and now running again to be President.  Those men and women aren't constantly attacking others.  When you believe that the rules don't apply to you, which Donald Trump clearly believes, you open yourself up and your misdeeds are then front and center.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I never said that he had someone locked up.  I said that he wanted people locked up.  That chant isn't a distant memory. 

In this country, the justice system, not the executive, locks people up.

The. justice department does lock people up and that is why Trump’s lock her up chant was campaign fodder.  You just wanted to believe it, Hillary sure didn’t, she knew she was untouchable.

12 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This case was filed by the NY Attorney General.

Yes, The one that ran on *getting Trump*. Coincidence?  Investigating to find a crime, not investigating a crime.

23 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There are a lot of qualified people that don't run for public office.  Most make that decision because they don't want people doing a dissection of their business practices.  In that light, I would agree that what Trump was found guilty of doing in this case is not uncommon among New York real estate investors.  However, those investors aren't putting their lives out for public inspection and now running again to be President.  Those men and women aren't constantly attacking others.  When you believe that the rules don't apply to you, which Donald Trump clearly believes, you open yourself up and your misdeeds are then front and center.

Is the moral of this story to never try to excell and if you do watch your six?  I like a guy who, if he believes he’s right, fight like he!! to prove your point.  

• Facepalm 1

You couldn't have proven the point from my lost post better if you'd tried. You make the same excuses as Trump - nothing is his fault, it's all the politically motivated people and corrupt institutions around him.

Who is going to hold anybody responsible?  The court system.  Trump is being held responsible and if he is, in fact, found guilty of a crime he will pay.  Biden hides behind being senile when it is convenient to him and out right lies in his more sane moments (I have never talked with my son about his business affairs).  You are trying to let Biden off the hook because of your hatred for all thing Trump, I would like to see both receive the same treatment.

Where am I trying to let Biden off the hook? The part of your sentence that I bolded had nothing to do with him, it was about your garbage statement that you want a "President that is responsible for his actions." That's pathetically laughable when you're referencing Trump, and you've already shown you've given up on his holding himself responsible with your first three sentences above.

You make a statement like you want a responsible President as to project some sort of high ground, then defend an objectively horrible human being while saying I'm the one covering for someone.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I like a guy who, if he believes he’s right, fight like he!! to prove your point.  

If you believe this about Trump it tells everyone reading all they need to know.

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I like a guy who, if he believes he’s right, fight like he!! to prove your point.  

Me too. Ronald Reagan was like that. Of course he proved you could do that without being  a despicable person. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Where am I trying to let Biden off the hook?

You see no fault in the man and accept his excuses without question.  I have not seen you criticize any of his policies even though there has been plenty to criticize.  Open borders, not his fault.  War between Ukraine and Russia, he’s doing the best he can do, its the Republicans that are holding things up, etc, etc.

9 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You couldn't have proven the point from my lost post better if you'd tried. You make the same excuses as Trump - nothing is his fault, it's all the politically motivated people and corrupt institutions around him.

When you find your *lost* post let me know.  Letitia James was in search of a crime and tied Trump to it.  I said it was a little fishy that’s all.  if you believe I’m making excuses for Trump so be it. It doesn’t matter what I or you think, does it?

15 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You make a statement like you want a responsible President as to project some sort of high ground, then defend an objectively horrible human being while saying I'm the one covering for someone.

By stating I want a president that is responsible it is opposed to a president that can’t recognize he is not strong enough physically or mentally to lead this nation.  That president is making excuses for himself and blames others for noticing the truth.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Me too. Ronald Reagan was like that. Of course he proved you could do that without being  a despicable person. 

I liked Reagan’s personality too.  We have a tough choice coming up.

9 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

If you believe this about Trump it tells everyone reading all they need to know.

Trump fought the Russia hoax when most people thought he was finished and it turned out he was right and he didn’t back down even when Reps like Adam Schiff had proof he colluded with Russia.  Biden gets mad when someone menitions wrong doing involving Hunter or his mental health.  Biden couldn’t withstand the same level of scrutiny.  He would fold like a cheap suit.  These two are our choices.  Bad choice, but I’ll take the sane one.

• Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I liked Reagan’s personality too.  We have a tough choice coming up.

I consider more of a very sad choice. I’m sitting things out until one of the parties goes forward with a serious candidate. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You see no fault in the man and accept his excuses without question.  I have not seen you criticize any of his policies even though there has been plenty to criticize.  Open borders, not his fault.  War between Ukraine and Russia, he’s doing the best he can do, its the Republicans that are holding things up, etc, etc.

Yep, keep putting words in my mouth. Only way you can even try to hold an argument.

How about criticizing the things I say, not the things I don't say?

46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Letitia James was in search of a crime and tied Trump to it.  I said it was a little fishy that’s all. 

...and apparently forgot about the little tidbit you added at the end - "but that is the way it goes in a communist state" = because that's how a reasonable person frames a debate about the justice system in the United States, right?

52 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

By stating I want a president that is responsible it is opposed to a president that can’t recognize he is not strong enough physically or mentally to lead this nation. 

"Aaaaaand let's just move these goalposts over here, shall we?"

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I consider more of a very sad choice. I’m sitting things out until one of the parties goes forward with a serious candidate. 

Media is beginning to beg for a 3rd option….

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2024/02/14/biden-trump-haley-no-labels-third-party-candidate/72498049007/

• Like 1