Trump Ordered to Pay $355 Million in New York Fraud Case

6 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I would love a legitimate third party in America, especially this year. If we had a popular vote system I believe it would be viable. But with the electoral college, I’m not so sure. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Back September of last year Judge Engoron declared Trump guilty of fraud before any evidence and testimony was given.

A judge ruled Tuesday that Donald Trump committed fraud for years while building the real estate empire that catapulted him to fame and the White House, and he ordered some of the former president’s companies removed from his control and dissolved.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-lawsuit-1569245a9284427117b8d3ba5da74249

Letitia James ran on *getting Trump* and there was not a party that claimed a fraud was committed except the State of NY through it’s AG.  Seem a little fishy, but that is the way it goes in a communist state.

Please name the people Trump had locked up for any infraction?  Biden can’t say the same, can he.

trump has said at his rallies he will lock up everyone that basically pissed him off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I would love a legitimate third party in America, especially this year. If we had a popular vote system I believe it would be viable. But with the electoral college, I’m not so sure. 

i as well but they are their own crap show. hell one of their guys was a clown for real if i remember correctly.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

trump has said at his rallies he will lock up everyone that basically pissed him off.

He says a lot of things that get his base fired up.  He didn’t lock up Hillary when he had the chance.  They are trying to lock up him for the same thing Hillary and Joe have done.  Who are the fascists again?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

He says a lot of things that get his base fired up.  He didn’t lock up Hillary when he had the chance.  They are trying to lock up him for the same thing Hillary and Joe have done.  Who are the fascists again?

This is simply not a true statement.  The situations are NOT alike.

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

This is simply not a true statement.  The situations are NOT alike.

No, they’re not *exactly* alike.  Hillary was asked for the phone and computer information she held and destroyed both (essentially refusing to turn them over), Joe knew he had classified material that he was not authorized to have as he was NOT President and didn’t turn them over until it was advantageous for him to do so.  There is really no excuse for this is there?

15 hours ago, Leftfield said:

...and apparently forgot about the little tidbit you added at the end - "but that is the way it goes in a communist state" = because that's how a reasonable person frames a debate about the justice system in the United States, right?

If you’re not aware; Hochul is the Governor of NY and she is basically saying to prospective businesses that they don’t have to worry about relocating to NY because of the recent Trump fine.  Why would that be?  Because they aren’t Trump?

California and NY are battling for the most communist state.  I will also remind you that NY is taking away taxpayer funded parks, schools and rec facilities to house illegals without taxpayer approval.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Doesn’t advertise it but I know of one pretty high roller in the Trump camp that frequents this forum at times. You and a few others may need to tone it down if Trump is elected 2024.

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Doesn’t advertise it but I know of one pretty high roller in the Trump camp that frequents this forum at times. You and a few others may need to tone it down if Trump is elected 2024.

Tell the MF’er to come and get me

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

If you’re not aware; Hochul is the Governor of NY...

I am aware.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

...and she is basically saying to prospective businesses that they don’t have to worry about relocating to NY because of the recent Trump fine.  Why would that be?  Because they aren’t Trump?

Well, yeah, because pretty much every business person out there wouldn't have the audacity to do things like place a value on their property ten times higher than anyone else would, and then double that again in the courtroom. Basically she's saying that as long as you're not a complete self-deluded idiot (i.e. Trump), you've got nothing to worry about.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

California and NY are battling for the most communist state.  I will also remind you that NY is taking away taxpayer funded parks, schools and rec facilities to house illegals without taxpayer approval.

You do understand that in a representative democracy you don't actually vote on every decision, you vote on the people that make the majority of those decisions?

If the voters disagree with the decision, Hochul will pay for it in the next election. 

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

The fact that that’s even a concern says volumes in of itself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Well, yeah, because pretty much every business person out there wouldn't have the audacity to do things like place a value on their property ten times higher than anyone else would, and then double that again in the courtroom. Basically she's saying that as long as you're not a complete self-deluded idiot (i.e. Trump), you've got nothing to worry about.

Just what I thought.  As long as you’re not Trump you’re alright, or put another way, we were after Trump, you will have not problem.  It was a political hit.

• Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Just what I thought.  As long as you’re not Trump you’re alright, or put another way, we were after Trump, you will have not problem.  It was a political hit.

Man, you are really a piece of work. 

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

Man, you are really a piece of work. 

And you call me blind.  🤣

No, they’re not *exactly* alike.  Hillary was asked for the phone and computer information she held and destroyed both (essentially refusing to turn them over), Joe knew he had classified material that he was not authorized to have as he was NOT President and didn’t turn them over until it was advantageous for him to do so.  There is really no excuse for this is there?

Again, that isn't what the FBI concluded with regard to Clinton.  The FBI specifically concluded that "we found no evidence that any of the additional work-related e-mails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them."   As for destroying the old blackberries etc, the FBI found that it was common practice to do that when a new device was being used.  After a detailed interview of Clinton and several aides, the FBI concluded that, at no time, did she destroy devices or delete emails with the intent being to conceal them from the FBI.

I understand that you want desperately to paint the cases with the same brush, but they simply aren't alike.  Had Donald Trump cooperated in the return of the documents, there would be no indictment.  That is a FACT.  Instead, he decided to lie again to the FBI and further conceal documents after they were requested by the Archives.  He has yet to show any regret for that decision.

Edited by AU9377

So to be clear - it’s ALL rigged. Courts, fbi and other agency’s, media, elections, ect.  Literally every institution is hard wired to stop trump and his followers. Right? 

Something tells me the same people on au sports threads are posting the refs are cheating against us, the media hates us and prefers the other team, and SEC tries to hold au back.

13 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Again, that isn't what the FBI concluded with regard to Clinton.  The FBI specifically concluded that "we found no evidence that any of the additional work-related e-mails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them."   As for destroying the old blackberries etc, the FBI found that it was common practice to do that when a new device was being used.  After a detailed interview of Clinton and several aides, the FBI concluded that, at no time, did she destroy devices or delete emails with the intent being to conceal them from the FBI.

I understand that you want desperately to paint the cases with the same brush, but they simply aren't alike.  Had Donald Trump cooperated in the return of the documents, there would be no indictment.  That is a FACT.  Instead, he decided to lie again to the FBI and further conceal documents after they were requested by the Archives.  He has yet to show any regret for that decision.

Come on man.  The Clinton interview was conducted without her taking an oath to tell the truth and was not recorded.  Why would the FBI not require Hillary to take an oath?

The lack of cooperation is what you like to hang your hat on, but that is secondary to taking classified documents when neither Hillary or Joe were a President.  Totally different isn’t it.  Presidents can declassify, VPs and Sec of States can’t.

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So to be clear - it’s ALL rigged. Courts, fbi and other agency’s, media, elections, ect.  Literally every institution is hard wired to stop trump and his followers. Right

I’m talking about the state on NY.  Please explain Hockul’s comment.  

There’s a very distinct trend: everyone is out to get him. All the time. But they wouldn’t be if he learned to keep his mouth shut and acknowledge that he has to live by the same rules everyone else does  in fact, had he done two simple things, he would still be President: stay off Twitter and stop demeaning and ridiculing everyone all the time  

You've acknowledged several times that he’s a man of bad character. He’s built his brand on being a combative bully and abrasive a-hole. He’s reaping what he has sowed. No more, no less. He’s chosen this path  

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

you? grins  i could care less. i will say what i think.  i am just not trying to argue with anyone. in my opinion as old as he is i believe in my heart joe will go to heaven and if there is a hell trump is screwed. i promise i am not kidding.

20 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

There’s a very distinct trend: everyone is out to get him. All the time. But they wouldn’t be if he learned to keep his mouth shut and acknowledge that he has to live by the same rules everyone else does  in fact, had he done two simple things, he would still be President: stay off Twitter and stop demeaning and ridiculing everyone all the time  

You've acknowledged several times that he’s a man of bad character. He’s built his brand on being a combative bully and abrasive a-hole. He’s reaping what he has sowed. No more, no less. He’s chosen this path  

you sir must sadly be a member of the deep state...............lol.  i am still trying to figure out exactly what that i think those in control of the republican are destroying their own party.

• Like 1

Michael Cohen suggests Trump’s mounting legal fees make him ‘thoroughly compromised’: ‘He is for sale’

Sarah Fortinsky

Sun, February 18, 2024 at 11:46 AM CST·2 min read

Michael Cohen suggests Trump’s mounting legal fees make him ‘thoroughly compromised’: ‘He is for sale’

Michael Cohen — who long served as former President Trump’s personal lawyer and fixer — warned Sunday of the potential risk of sending Trump back to the White House with mounting legal fees and financial liabilities.

“We need to be very careful about him as a potential president because he is for sale,” Cohen, now an outspoken critic of the former president, said in an interview on MSNBC’s “The Weekend” on Sunday.

“He needs to figure out where he is going to raise $500-plus million over a short period of time,” Cohen continued.

Cohen’s warning comes as Trump, the leading 2024 GOP presidential candidate, was found liable Friday for nearly $355 million in penalties in a civil fraud case in New York that delivered a severe blow to his family business.

New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) sued Trump and his business in 2022, alleging the former president falsely altered his net worth on key financial statements to receive tax and insurance benefits. James also alleged that Trump sometimes adjusted his assets’ value to obtain more favorable loans and deals, which the state points to as evidence of fraud.

Last month, a federal jury in a different civil case ordered Trump to pay $83.3 million for defaming E. Jean Carroll, adding to the $5 million verdict in an earlier trial that found Trump liable for sexually abusing Carroll and defaming her in separate comments.

When MSNBC host Symone Sanders-Townsend suggested Trump “is open to the highest bidder at this point because the tab keeps being run up,” floating “the Saudis, the Russians,” as options, Cohen agreed.

“Thoroughly compromised, yes,” Cohen said.

Trump was also indicted in four criminal cases, two of which were brought by special counsel Jack Smith, with another each in Georgia and New York. The New York hush money case will be the first to go to trial, and jury selection is slated to start next month. Cohen has been a witness in that case.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to The Hill.

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

is it someone i like? and why should i fear them again?

29 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Sarah Fortinsky

Sun, February 18, 2024 at 11:46 AM CST·2 min read

Michael Cohen — who long served as former President Trump’s personal lawyer and fixer — warned Sunday of the potential risk of sending Trump back to the White House with mounting legal fees and financial liabilities.

“We need to be very careful about him as a potential president because he is for sale,” Cohen, now an outspoken critic of the former president, said in an interview on MSNBC’s “The Weekend” on Sunday.

“He needs to figure out where he is going to raise $500-plus million over a short period of time,” Cohen continued.

Cohen’s warning comes as Trump, the leading 2024 GOP presidential candidate, was found liable Friday for nearly $355 million in penalties in a civil fraud case in New York that delivered a severe blow to his family business.

New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) sued Trump and his business in 2022, alleging the former president falsely altered his net worth on key financial statements to receive tax and insurance benefits. James also alleged that Trump sometimes adjusted his assets’ value to obtain more favorable loans and deals, which the state points to as evidence of fraud.

Last month, a federal jury in a different civil case ordered Trump to pay $83.3 million for defaming E. Jean Carroll, adding to the $5 million verdict in an earlier trial that found Trump liable for sexually abusing Carroll and defaming her in separate comments.

When MSNBC host Symone Sanders-Townsend suggested Trump “is open to the highest bidder at this point because the tab keeps being run up,” floating “the Saudis, the Russians,” as options, Cohen agreed.

“Thoroughly compromised, yes,” Cohen said.

Trump was also indicted in four criminal cases, two of which were brought by special counsel Jack Smith, with another each in Georgia and New York. The New York hush money case will be the first to go to trial, and jury selection is slated to start next month. Cohen has been a witness in that case.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to The Hill.

The essence of the ny case was that trump was not nearly as wealthy as he stated to secure the loan - he had to disguise his kids money and others as his for damn sakes (that’s demeaning). Now $350m?  I agree, Trump shows all the symptoms of a financial house of cards and potentially trending towards his zillionth bankruptcy without some… “help”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

in fact, had he done two simple things, he would still be President: stay off Twitter and stop demeaning and ridiculing everyone all the time  

Trump lost the 2020 election because of COVID, I’m not discounting what you have said because Trump needed to stay off of Twitter, but his personality had little to do with it.

As soon as COVID hit they (DEMs) were after his handling of the situation.  Xenophobia was the first thing out of Bidens mouth in early Feb all the while the Dems were also down playing the virus as Pelosi said come down to China Town and celebrate the Chinese New Year, same with Deblasio in NY.  New Orleans wouldn’t think about shutting down Mardi Gras and even Cuomo was reluctant to shut down the subways.

The states started a push to change election proceedures because of the panic which shifted the focus to mail in ballots and voting started months before the November date.  Biden ran his campaign from the basement and Trump wounldn’t keep his mouth shut long enough for Biden to show his ineptness.  I doubt Biden will get 81 million votes this time around.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

He does have an abrasive NY style about him that I don’t like.  He should have just said he lost after about 30 days and quietly dug up facts if he still believed the steal was real.  He allowed himself to be the fall guy for Jan 6th and let the Dems have a narrative against him and his followers.  All of the is true, but our country is not going in the righ direction with Biden and even though a better choice is out there, neither party is willing to belly up and change at this time.

Bottom line for me is Biden is a disaster and he need to be out of the White House no matter what it takes.