Trump Ordered to Pay $355 Million in New York Fraud Case

53 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The essence of the ny case was that trump was not nearly as wealthy as he stated to secure the loan - he had to disguise his kids money and others as his for damn sakes (that’s demeaning). Now $350m?  I agree, Trump shows all the symptoms of a financial house of cards and potentially trending towards his zillionth bankruptcy without some… “help”.

Trump had been doing business in NY for decades and now, with a new AG, they bring this charge?  NY allowed the liable charge to go through even though the SOL had been passed, but allowed if for a period of one year so E Jean Carrol could sue Trump.  Is this normal?  Do you think the IRS that allowed the SOL to pass on Hunter’s tax fraud case would reinstate the charges for a year so Hunter could be charged?

You never did explain Hochul’s statement regarding businesses in NY not having to worry about Trump’s fine. 

“I think that this is really an extraordinary, unusual circumstance that the law-abiding and rule-following New Yorkers who are business people have nothing to worry about, because they’re very different than Donald Trump and his behavior,” Hochul responded.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4474774-hochul-tells-ny-businesses-not-to-fear-about-trump-verdict-nothing-to-worry-about/

In case you didn’t see it,  she targets Donald Trump in her statement not just *people who break the law* are ones that have to worry.  Any explanation?

46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He should have just said he lost after about 30 days and quietly dug up facts

The facts were dug up for him in every state and every AG and judge that reviewed the facts proved that. I believe the entire judicial process included 66 cases. Even loons like Susan Powell admitted there was no fraud once under oath. He ignored them all like a bull in a China shop which led his followers to storm the capitol.

50 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He allowed himself to be the CATALYST for Jan 6th INSURRECTION

FIFY. And yes, thousands of people breaking down doors and windows to the capitol in possession of guns, knives, clubs, zip ties, and mace, while assaulting police officers and searching for people to hang and kidnap is an Insurrection. One he refused to call off even with Ivanka and his sons begging him to. 

52 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

but our country is not going in the righ direction with Biden and even though a better choice is out there, neither party is willing to belly up and change at this time.

We agree on this. 

59 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

As soon as COVID hit they (DEMs) were after his handling of the situation.

Maybe because he stood on stage and declared it a hoax right before it killed over one million Americans. His specific quote was “We’re at 15 cases now, we’ll be at zero soon. “ 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Trump had been doing business in NY for decades and now, with a new AG, they bring this charge?  NY allowed the liable charge to go through even though the SOL had been passed, but allowed if for a period of one year so E Jean Carrol could sue Trump.  Is this normal?  Do you think the IRS that allowed the SOL to pass on Hunter’s tax fraud case would reinstate the charges for a year so Hunter could be charged?

You never did explain Hochul’s statement regarding businesses in NY not having to worry about Trump’s fine. 

“I think that this is really an extraordinary, unusual circumstance that the law-abiding and rule-following New Yorkers who are business people have nothing to worry about, because they’re very different than Donald Trump and his behavior,” Hochul responded.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4474774-hochul-tells-ny-businesses-not-to-fear-about-trump-verdict-nothing-to-worry-about/

In case you didn’t see it,  she targets Donald Trump in her statement not just *people who break the law* are ones that have to worry.  Any explanation?

Have you reviewed the ruling and the itemization of the amounts? It’s pretty straightforward.   

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Come on man.  The Clinton interview was conducted without her taking an oath to tell the truth and was not recorded.  Why would the FBI not require Hillary to take an oath?

The lack of cooperation is what you like to hang your hat on, but that is secondary to taking classified documents when neither Hillary or Joe were a President.  Totally different isn’t it.  Presidents can declassify, VPs and Sec of States can’t.

Being under oath is irrelevant when being interviewed by the FBI.  It is a felony to give false statements to the FBI.  This is another right wing media nothingburger that they throw out as red meat.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

FIFY. And yes, thousands of people breaking down doors and windows to the capitol in possession of guns, knives, clubs, zip ties, and mace, while assaulting police officers and searching for people to hang and kidnap is an Insurrection. One he refused to call off even with Ivanka and his sons begging him to. 

Not sure I’ve seen any charges for gun related charges on individuals that broke into the capitol.   I could be wrong because I haven’t seen every charge.   
And in case you didn’t know, just bringing a gun into DC is crime.   

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Have you reviewed the ruling and the itemization of the amounts? It’s pretty straightforward.   

That’s not what he is referring too.    Do you know how long Trump has been doing business in NYC?  Do you not think more people than him are doing this?   And lastly, if his name wasn’t Trump, do you believe that if there wasn’t a victim of fraudulent activity that anyone else would have been charged?   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

That’s not what he is referring too.    Do you know how long Trump has been doing business in NYC?  Do you not think more people than him are doing this?   And lastly, if his name wasn’t Trump, do you believe that if there wasn’t a victim of fraudulent activity that anyone else would have been charged?   

Trump has been involved in 4000 lawsuits during his career. Mostly in NY. Yes he’s known there.  Falsifying a loan application is one of biggest no no’s in business. Had the real estate market tanked during the duration of the loan, he did not have the assets to repay and would have to declare bankruptcy (which is history) - and exposed the banks for billions. Ever since the Great Recession in 2008 - the consequences of lying on any loan application is nightmarish.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Still won’t explain Hockul’s remarks I see.  They are damning of one individual as the problem, not the crime.

59 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

If he was the catalyst he would have been charged with inciting a riot or insurrection. He wasn’t.  Pick another cause.  The only guns that were there were worn by law enforcement and the only death by firearm was a protester at the hands of a Capitol Policman.

He did tell them to disperse at one point so refuse is a bit of a misnomer.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Maybe because he stood on stage and declared it a hoax right before it killed over one million Americans. His specific quote was “We’re at 15 cases now, we’ll be at zero soon. “ 

Do you believe, as Biden said, that a person responsible for 400,000 COVID deaths should not be President?  Do you believe Trump was responsible for any COVID deaths?

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Still won’t explain Hockul’s remarks I see.  They are damning of one individual as the problem, not the crime.

The funny thing is, you posted her comment, which fully explains it. You just see Trump's name and ignore the context.

"I think that this is really an extraordinary, unusual circumstance that the law-abiding and rule-following New Yorkers who are business people have nothing to worry about, because they’re very different than Donald Trump and his behavior,” Hochul responded.

She doesn't say it's because they're "not Donald Trump." She says it's because they and their behavior are different - they're actually law-abiding citizens. Not like this is written in code. It's actually a very straightforward statement.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not sure what to say. She’s the gov not the judge. Feels like it was a pro business/all is well PR move.  

Edited by auburnatl1

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Not sure what to say. She’s the gov not the judge. Feels like it was a pro business/all is well PR move.  

Actually I’m surprised they didn’t explore jail time. It’s that serious of a crime. 

Dude it’s a civil trial.   You do know this, right?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

The funny thing is, you posted her comment, which fully explains it. You just see Trump's name and ignore the context.

"I think that this is really an extraordinary, unusual circumstance that the law-abiding and rule-following New Yorkers who are business people have nothing to worry about, because they’re very different than Donald Trump and his behavior,” Hochul responded.

She doesn't say it's because they're "not Donald Trump." She says it's because they and their behavior are different - they're actually law-abiding citizens. Not like this is written in code. It's actually a very straightforward statement.

The Governor specifically call out Trump the individual as the reason the other businesses don’t have worry, not the crime he committed.  What public offical does that?

15 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Dude it’s a civil trial.   You do know this, right?  

Crap. Wires crossed with the hush money case. Ps but it was still worth it to get my “Dude” for the week

Edited by auburnatl1

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Actually I’m surprised they didn’t explore jail time. It’s that serious of a crime. 

Yeah, it was an all is well, don’t worry about the state taking your hard earned profits like we did with Trump.  That really quelled their concerns I’m sure.

She didn’t make the statement because she might have been worried about losing businesses from NY, that wouldn’t be it. 

44 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What public offical does that?

Oh, just a stab in the dark, but probably one who is ANSWERING THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED OF HER ABOUT THE VERY CASE TRUMP WAS INVOLVED IN.

Did you even read the article you posted?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, it was an all is well, don’t worry about the state taking your hard earned profits like we did with Trump.  That really quelled their concerns I’m sure. 

lol

Edited by Leftfield

33 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Oh, just a stab in the dark, but probably one who is ANSWERING THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED OF HER ABOUT THE VERY CASE TRUMP WAS INVOLVED IN.

Did you even read the article you posted?

Yes, she answered the question, but she still singled out Trump and not the crime.  I ask again; what public official does that?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

She didn’t make the statement because she might have been worried about losing businesses from NY, that wouldn’t be it. 

I will say this for Trump - he does understand his base.

image.thumb.png.448cbba731d30902ae1a26a84439ebac.png

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, she answered the question, but she still singled out Trump and not the crime.  I ask again; what public official does that?

Well, I think you'll admit it's difficult to single out Trump's crimes these days. Which one to choose, eh? Much easier to single him out instead.

By the way, before you respond by saying I just admitted it was politically motivated....that last sentence was sarcasm

I'd make the point that when she said "behavior" that it encompasses everything he's done that has led to those numerous court cases against him, but with you what's the use?

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The only guns that were there were worn by law enforcement and the only death by firearm was a protester at the hands of a Capitol Policman.

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-florida-virginia-conspiracy-government-and-politics-6ac80882e8cf61af36be6c46252ac24c

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna79755

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna138137

Try again. There were others as well. Look up the information sourced in a book called Oath and Honor. 

Edited by Gowebb11

He did tell them to disperse at one point so refuse is a bit of a misnomer.

Fact: His own children were begging him to do something hours after it started. “At one point”. Lol. 

12 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Not sure I’ve seen any charges for gun related charges on individuals that broke into the capitol.   I could be wrong because I haven’t seen every charge.   
And in case you didn’t know, just bringing a gun into DC is crime.   

There are multiple confirmed cases.  The Oath Keepers weren’t confirmed to have them on ground but testified they had a local cache ready to go. 
As a gun owner I’m very aware of gun laws.  I know that the US Capitol has security checkpoints and that neither guns nor my person is allowed to freely breach that checkpoint. I find it strange that some of the same people who wanted BLM shot for looting shoe stores and so willingly called that rioting are so adamant that Jan 6 wasn’t an insurrection. 
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna138137

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna79755

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-florida-virginia-conspiracy-government-and-politics-6ac80882e8cf61af36be6c46252ac24c
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/07/08/jan6-defendants-guns/

Do you believe Trump was responsible for any COVID deaths?

Yes. My leadership training was from the Army. Like a President, we take an Oath. Taking an oath to be responsible for the safety and welfare of others is something most of us take serious. A leaders words matter. If my neighbors were reporting rattlesnakes all over the neighborhood and I told my kids rattlesnakes being dangerous was a hoax and they got bit, I would share responsibility for that. You skipped right over what an idiot you have to be when the whole world is declaring a pandemic and you declare it a hoax. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yes. My leadership training was from the Army. Like a President, we take an Oath. Taking an oath to be responsible for the safety and welfare of others is something most of us take serious. A leaders words matter. If my neighbors were reporting rattlesnakes all over the neighborhood and I told my kids rattlesnakes being dangerous was a hoax and they got bit, I would share responsibility for that. You skipped right over what an idiot you have to be when the whole world is declaring a pandemic and you declare it a hoax. 

Are you serious?  If you are, how many COVID deaths was Joe responsible for?  Being ex-military how do you feel about the way we pulled out of Afghanistan?  We could go on and on about this, but I know Trump is a bafoon at times and Joe is feeble all the time.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are you serious?  If you are, how many COVID deaths was Joe responsible for?  Being ex-military how do you feel about the way we pulled out of Afghanistan?  We could go on and on about this, but I know Trump is a bafoon at times and Joe is feeble all the time.

If you want to start an anti-Biden thread I’ll gladly join that discussion. This thread is about Trump. Biden is feeble and demented and even he was capable of knowing COVID wasn’t a made up hoax. As for Afghanistan, I hate that we spent 20 years there, and many great American warriors lost their lives and came back severely wounded. I also hate that we spent over one trillion dollars there. And after all of that, the Taliban retook the country in about a month. Joe could’ve pulled out of there over a week, a month, another year, or another decade, and the end result was going to be the same. Chaos. We learned nothing from Vietnam. Never go into an armed conflict without an exit strategy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Most of the Trump haters on this forum get spun up about some of sh$t he says , when it’s hyperbole.    The man is full of it.   
Now if you want to be taken serious on the Covid issue, need look any further than when the pandemic was at its worst and you had protesters running everywhere causing destruction and not one democrat was against it.   Why is that?   The pandemic was the worst thing to happen in the last 100 years or so you claim.   Your analogy with the rattlesnake is not even remotely accurate.    But whatever, let’s rally in the streets, it’s safer there.   

• Like 1