Softball 2024 season

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

And this ^^^^^ is why I’m the way I am about the turdz 

As great as Saban was, they didn't deserve to get a chance in at least half their championships he won. And their basketball team basically had the Final Four gift wrapped for them this year. It's obvious the system is rigged in favor of certain teams.

• Like 2

64 teams are selected for the tournament. They show 63 team's reaction to their team being announced. When Auburn is announced, they show a blank. What the devil?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

64 teams are selected for the tournament. They show 63 team's reaction to their team being announced. When Auburn is announced, they show a blank. What the devil?

Wow, I didn't know that! Didn't watch the selection show on live TV.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I had the same reaction.  They showed Auburn for about 2 seconds later in the broadcast in a screen shot with 4 teams' reactions, each team taking up a quarter of the screen.  Typical treatment of Auburn.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Did it last year as well. Here's the underwhelming reaction posted to IG. Team vibe is low:

http://https://www.instagram.com/reel/C648wXoAn6x/?igsh=aDhrcmxhd3V2OGc=

Edited by RedDirtFan

Wife and I noticed this also.  Didn't see the team at any time.  When they showed the 4-way screen for all the teams in Tallahassee, they simply showed an icon for Auburn.  Didn't know this happened last year as well.  I do suspect it's something that's happening on Auburn's end of things; either a techno-glitch or Auburn's choosing not to participate in this particular ritual.  

7 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Wife and I noticed this also.  Didn't see the team at any time.  When they showed the 4-way screen for all the teams in Tallahassee, they simply showed an icon for Auburn.  Didn't know this happened last year as well.  I do suspect it's something that's happening on Auburn's end of things; either a techno-glitch or Auburn's choosing not to participate in this particular ritual.  

I suppose it could be that Auburn's graduation was the previous Saturday and the team was scattered about the country. I can think of no other reason.

I think Dean has them watching together on the field. Like last year. Maybe that's why?

Reminder:  We do not allow the posting of premium content.   If it's behind a paywall, its not allowed here. 

Arkansas really choked in the regional they are hosting...only won 1 game, lost 2, and didn't even make it to the finals.

Arkansas 3 - Southeast Missouri State 2

Arizona 2 - Arkansas 1

Villanova 7 - Arkansas 2

Arizona (no losses) and Villanova (1 loss, to Arizona) meet Sunday.  Arizona needs 1 win to advance to the super regional while Villanova would need 2 wins.  Go Wildcats!

Posted (edited)

Auburn is up 1-0 in the top of the fifth in Game 2. 

Packer is having a night!  In the first game she hit for a single, double, and a triple. She finally got the HR for the lone score in the 2nd game. 

Update....Penta and Packer are the reason we're still alive. Penta had 21 strikeouts and Packer scored both of our runs. 

Edited by TD1
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Auburn beat UCF 2-1 in 12 innings...finishing at 3:00 am EDT.  Thank you Makayla Packer and Maddie Penta!  Ridiculous scheduling to start a game at 10:30 pm.  I noticed that the Durham regional has its corresponding game scheduled for tomorrow today at noon (so no all nighters).  Then, if their final matchup requires 2 games, the second one is scheduled for Monday.  Auburn is at a real disadvantage later today not only because of our offensive struggles, but because the players won't have much time to rest.  Pitching should be interesting since Maddie pitched all 12 innings tonight (224 pitches + 33 pitches in the Chattanooga game).  Anyway, War Eagle!

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2024/05/19/tallahassee-regional-auburn-softball-score-ucf-chattanooga-fsu-mickey-dean/73733541007/

Edited by Golden Eagle
Added link to article
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Auburn is at a real disadvantage later today not only because of our offensive struggles, but because the players won't have much time to rest.

I agree. I know it's highly unlikely that we beat them two times, but I'm proud of the grit that the ladies showed yesterday. 

• Like 2

Would love an offensive explosion in game 1 at least to end it early 😆 

It's nice that Maddie has set all sorts of AU records, but we'd be a lot better off as a team if Dean had used some of those early season games against lesser competition to develop a third pitcher. Now we don't even have enough pitching to get through a four-team tournament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Big Fat Barner said:

Bri Ellis transferring to Arkansas and then getting eliminated before Auburn is objectively, f*****g hilarious

Also note Clemson is eliminated.  

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It's nice that Maddie has set all sorts of AU records, but we'd be a lot better off as a team if Dean had used some of those early season games against lesser competition to develop a third pitcher. Now we don't even have enough pitching to get through a four-team tournament.

It might even help the offense, if they got into more situations where it was " Hit the ball, or lose to SW Dimwit St.".

• Like 3

Just saw that they changed the start time of today's FSU - Auburn game to 6:00 pm EDT.  Not sure the team will get much more sleep, but at least they should have a little more time to rest/rehab, eat, game plan, etc.  Fingers crossed they come ready to play tonight!

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Also note Clemson is eliminated.  

None of the teams our transfer play for made it to their regional final. 

Ellis - Arkansas

Garcia - Clemson

Blaine - Mississippi State

8 minutes ago, Jad0003 said:

None of the teams our transfer play for made it to their regional final. 

Ellis - Arkansas

Garcia - Clemson

Blaine - Mississippi State

You forgot Denver Bryant to South Carolina.  They are playing Utah right now to determine who plays Duke in the final(s).  South Carolina hit a grand slam in the top of the first inning to take a 4-0 lead.  Game now headed to the bottom of the second with the score still 4-0.

No excuse for Arkansas. They were loaded to make a run. I thought they'd be a WCWS contender before Bri joined them.  But in their case their offense is usually carrying them.   Arky fans say that is Deifl ceiling.  I would have loved her to start the season.  Wondering if that really is her ceiling. 

2 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

You forgot Denver Bryant to South Carolina.  They are playing Utah right now to determine who plays Duke in the final(s).  South Carolina hit a grand slam in the top of the first inning to take a 4-0 lead.  Game now headed to the bottom of the second with the score still 4-0.

I did forget Denver. Thank you for the correction!

Auburn vs FSU is underway with FSU batting first.  Shelby Lowe pitching for Auburn.  She made it through the top of the 1st unscathed...hoping she'll rise to the occasion this afternoon.  Game will be on ACC network once the Duke - South Carolina game is over (in the top of the 7th, it's Duke 7 - South Carolina 1).

Can Duke please stop scoring. I get ACCN but not the plus right now.