Game Thread: UGA vs AU Men's Basketball

56 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

🙏 🤞 

Just Do It , Cohen!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CR said:

And the committee has shown repeatedly that conference tournament wins mean little. I may be in the minority but Id prefer a rested team over a deep run in the SEC tournament.

In theory it’s a slippery slope. Team could get hot and carry it into the post season. Especially if u get Aden on track. Auburn rotates more than most so they should be ok

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, e808 said:

In theory it’s a slippery slope. Team could get hot and carry it into the post season. Especially if u get Aden on track. Auburn rotates more than most so they should be ok

Thats the flip side for sure

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Great details, Nate. 

Apparently the so called experts on lame bspn gameday said Auburn was overrated.

it’s really not a positive to have these bspn clowns show up on campus. Just a bunch of mindless dribble that amounts to nothing.

• Like 1

I think we are peaking at the right time. We've been more consistent on offense on this backend of games. If we can limit turnovers and score like this, we shall be good come tournament time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I think we are peaking at the right time. We've been more consistent on offense on this backend of games. If we can limit turnovers and score like this, we shall be good come tournament time. 

Great team basketball!!! Look at these assists numbers!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Love 3

Weird … we score 92, win by dbl digits - again - and have solid shooting numbers but the game feels like we left some on the court.

29 assists on 33 attempts… are you kidding me .  That’s crazy numbers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Weird … we score 92, win by dbl digits - again - and have solid shooting numbers but the game feels like we left some on the court.

29 assists on 33 attempts… are you kidding me .  That’s crazy numbers.

That’s exactly how I feel as well!!

War Damn Denver Jones Eagle bay baaay!!!! Woooo!!! Legggoooo!!!! Yesssirrrr!!!! 💙🧡🦅🐅🐯

IMG_7306.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

IMG_7304.jpeg

IMG_7303.jpeg

IMG_7302.jpeg

IMG_7301.jpeg

IMG_7300.jpeg

IMG_7299.jpeg

IMG_7298.jpeg

IMG_7297.jpeg

IMG_7295.jpeg

• Haha 1

Was busy and did not get to watch live. Watched it as soon as I got home.

This team has interesting dynamics. 
BP sees first line and then second line. Then tries to put the hot guys from each on the floor together. It’s an interesting approach that seems to keep everyone fully engaged. 

With Denver finally hitting like we hoped he would all season, this team could go on a run. 

I still think we are too timid driving to the basket. One incident associated with this was when Tre was driving on a break away and at the last second dropped it off to Broome when Broome clearly thought Tre should have completed the shot.(I did too)
Other times we have guys under the basket that should force to ball to the goal, but they hesitate or step back. 
We bail out the opponents D a lot. Make them foul you. 

We are so close. This team could go deep. The talent is there. It just needs to sync up at the right time.

I always enjoy sticking it to uga.

WDE!

• Like 1

AU is fourth in Ken Pom going in to the last day of the regular season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CCTAU said:

still think we are too timid driving to the basket. One incident associated with this was when Tre was driving on a break away and at the last second dropped it off to Broome when Broome clearly thought Tre should have completed the shot.(I did too)
Other times we have guys under the basket that should force to ball to the goal, but they hesitate or step back. 
We bail out the opponents D a lot. Make them foul you.

I don’t really think that’ll improve so I’m not making this post for any reason other than to say I agree and I think it starts with the guards (specifically the point guards). They don’t really have a handle that they seem to trust like good penetrators do. That plus the lack of size is what I think leads to Tre preferring those off body floaters and turn around mids (which he did hit wayyy earlier in the season, but not so much lately). 

KD has a great first step and great body control, but he doesn’t really adjust his layup selection to when there’s multiple defenders in the paint, so his finishing numbers probably aren’t the greatest? It’s been a few games, but in one of ours (I think Kentucky), the announcers listed Denver as being at like 41% when going to the rim.
That’s one thing that I hope could magically improve going into tournament play, bc we’re simply not going to have good 3%age numbers if we can’t suck in guys to the paint. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, e808 said:

I don’t understand how Auburn is still behind Alabama. It still sucks Auburn didn’t beat Moo State on the road. It was there for the taking and couldn’t capitalize 

Basically because they beat Florida and we didn’t.  

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

AU is fourth in Ken Pom going in to the last day of the regular season. 

I’ve have never understood what this meant or what impact it has to rankings . When you compare there is no correlation between actual rankings and KenPom. It’s like Pro football focus grades . 

AU needs Denver to stay hot to win the sec tournament. AU is 1 player away from the final 4. 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’ve have never understood what this meant or what impact it has to rankings . When you compare there is no correlation between actual rankings and KenPom. It’s like Pro football focus grades . 

AU needs Denver to stay hot to win the sec tournament. AU is 1 player away from the final 4. 

These are the actual rankings along with the NET rankings  have more bearing on what the ncaa tourney committee uses to determine on who gets in the tourney than the AP and coaches poll. Those are the rankings that are worthless and have no meaning whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And this is what a coach that cares about his players and their families looks like. Thanks for all the posts Gwill, great stuff.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The Auburn Tigers ran some gorgeous sets involving Denver around the 4:30 minute mark of the game, and in the next offensive possession around the 4 minute mark. Worth reviewing if you have access to the full game replay

• Like 1