Game Thread: UGA vs AU Men's Basketball

We didn’t rebound the ball well. That’s the only reason this wasn’t another 20 plus point W. Defense wasn’t as stifling as it should have been either vs a team that struggles to score in Georgia. Other than that we played really well in the other phases of the game. The horrible lack of flow because of yet another ref show def hurt us as well. 

• Like 1

Good win and let’s get things cleaned up. Second half wasn’t the greatest 

• Like 3

🙏 🤞 

• Like 3

Went out at halftime but it seems like this game kinda went the way you’d expect

Just glad no one got hurt and hopefully they get win 25 somewhere along the way here. I would say CBP is due, if not overdue, for a real tourney run here. I think I personally would be satiated with 2 wins if we’re in a double bye situation. Losing in the CG wouldn’t be the worst thing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Went out at halftime but it seems like this game kinda went the way you’d expect

Just glad no one got hurt and hopefully they get win 25 somewhere along the way here. I would say CBP is due, if not overdue, for a real tourney run here. I think I personally would be satiated with 2 wins if we’re in a double bye situation. Losing in the CG wouldn’t be the worst thing 

It just doesn’t set up well for us tbh. Don’t like our draw. Arky absolutely having one of the biggest choke jobs and collapses this season did us in. 

Watching Aden for most of this season just hurts. I don’t understand it at all. He’s a legit great shooter. Literally all we need him to do for us is hit the “Easy” wide open ones. He’s not even doing that. And a lot of times he’s not close. I don’t get it.

• Like 3

I don’t understand how Auburn is still behind Alabama. It still sucks Auburn didn’t beat Moo State on the road. It was there for the taking and couldn’t capitalize 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I wish we could have gotten away with the stuff players do now when we played.

Yeah, you would have been an all star. 

• Like 1

The last 15 minutes of that game were very sloppy.   As always, the refs get on my nerves.   I can’t stand the way uga plays!   Got our double bye!  It’s postseason!!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

IMG_7291.gif

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s hard to get up for a stake-less game against unranked UGA, what can I say! 

Are you fuggin serious dude!? 😡😤🤬😠👿 terrible attitude to have to take what we have for granted!!! I am absolutely jubilant every day at where our basketball program is!!! I enjoy every game and get excited to watch all of it. Even the “cupcake” non con home games. It’s fun to watch a winning program. Winning is fun. I know we all wish we could say the same for football. But I watch every basketball game either live or recorded. As someone who went to school at AU for the Lebo and barbee years never ever did I think this sustained success was possible. Is my rant over!?! Not on your life when I’m talking to you!!! 😁😆😅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Are you fuggin serious dude!? 😡😤🤬😠👿 terrible attitude to have to take what we have for granted!!! I am absolutely jubilant every day at where our basketball program is!!! I enjoy every game and get excited to watch all of it. Even the “cupcake” non con home games. It’s fun to watch a winning program. Winning is fun. I know we all wish we could say the same for football. But I watch every basketball game either live or recorded. As someone who went to school at AU for the Lebo and barbee years never ever did I think this sustained success was possible. Is my rant over!?! Not on your life when I’m talking to you!!! 😁😆😅

I understand that perspective - I definitely don’t take it for granted, but I’m just at the point where I’ve seen us establish a floor at beating bad teams by 20. I personally feel like it would be disrespectful to the success they’ve achieved to think of that as anything more than the expectation. That may be just me though 

Thankfully, all the rest of the games have stakes and we’ll all be unified 

I didn’t verify this ,but I’m pretty sure it’s correct.  Since Pearl has been our coach we have only won a game(s) in the SEC Tournament twice.  Won the whole thing in 2019 and upset some teams to reach Saturday in 2015 I think it was.  That surprised me a little.

2 minutes ago, cheap seats said:

I didn’t verify this ,but I’m pretty sure it’s correct.  Since Pearl has been our coach we have only won a game(s) in the SEC Tournament twice.  Won the whole thing in 2019 and upset some teams to reach Saturday in 2015 I think it was.  That surprised me a little.

7 wins in 2 different SEC tourney’s and 0 in the rest. What hurts us is being 1 and done after we won the regular season those 2 times we’ve done so under Bruce.

There’s multiple layers of people who get paid to make sure things like this don’t happen. So either someone is going to get a stern talking to or maybe we’re beginning to look at different options than Under Armour here 

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It just doesn’t set up well for us tbh. Don’t like our draw. Arky absolutely having one of the biggest choke jobs and collapses this season did us in. 

And the committee has shown repeatedly that conference tournament wins mean little. I may be in the minority but Id prefer a rested team over a deep run in the SEC tournament.

• Like 1