SEC Tournament Championship Game Thread

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Just thought about the fact that we never trailed today, right?

They got it down to 1, I remember the announcers commentating that they hadn’t had a lead to that point. I’m pretty sure they never took the lead 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

What happened? I was tending the grill...

They both got knocked down after a rebound and the refs brought them together and Cardwell tried to shake his hand and dude just waved him off. 

• Like 3

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

They both got knocked down after a rebound and the refs brought them together and Cardwell tried to shake his hand and dude just waved him off. 

i hate a poor sport............

• Like 1

To see Cohen fighting hard during all these games, makes him the number 1 AD to ever be at Auburn (outside of Dye of course).

• Like 5

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

IMO UAB deserves their coverage…hoping all Auburn fans are rooting for them to succeed… non-UAT University of Alabama schools succeeding athletically makes the Tuscaloosa location seethe

Go Blazers!  I grew up down the street from the Bartows. I was in Coleman Coleseium when Robert Shannon's 3 right in front of our seats  beat Bama in the only game ever played between the 2.  I did my internship while at AU in the AD department at UAB.  My parents are gold club donors there.  I grew up in BJCC and Bartow arena. I need the Blazers to win today as much as I did my Alma Mater AU...War Eagle and Go Blazers!

• Like 6

I had serious doubts about our team early in the year, but thank goodness they proved me wrong.

So proud of this team.

I needed that after the evilness and cruelty of 4th-and-31.

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 4

Just now, WillMunny said:

I had serious doubts about our team early in the year, but thank goodness they proves me wrong.

So proud of this team.

I needed that after the evilness and cruelty of 4th-and-31.

Ypu had some reason to be cautious amd doubtful.  Our boys just grew up through the season and didn't let any team beat them twice.

• Like 3

i would love to see inside the locker room.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Think we’ll get a transfer or two, but we got some real talent to add to this roster coming up…

We really do.  And these kids seem to really want to play for Bruce. We could have talented depth coming out of our ears over the next several years.

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Think we’ll get a transfer or two, but we got some real talent to add to this roster coming up…

I hope Auburn does. Auburn is losing some serious offensive talent after this year. Broome and Williams will be hard to replace. They do have some good returning players though.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I hope Auburn does. Auburn is losing some serious offensive talent after this year. Broome and Williams will be hard to replace. They do have some good returning players though.

Out of reactions but I definitely agree. That being said, there’s a lot of natural progression that can come from the perimeter guys. I wouldn’t be surprised if we returned to more of a 2018-19 type team

• Like 2

Wow!  We went from being picked to finish sixth to actually finishing 2nd and then 1st...massive accomplishment...Massive!  We are watching one of the best AU teams in our history.  Just wow!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Auburn running over the SEC this year:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am soooo proud of these guys!!! They play with unselfishness, heart, passion and energy.  They are high character guys who love each other and Auburn.  Who could ask for anything more?

Im going to have to watch the whole game tonight, because I was at the church for most of the game, but I did get to listen to the end in the car on the way home. I’m just so happy!

prayers up for that Florida kid.  That was gruesome. His parents coming out of the stands crying just broke my heart.  Hope he has a speedy recovery!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, AUx said:

Bruce to Freeze: "So there's your bar for 2024 Hugh - SEC championship."

:party:

Freeze could learn a lot from Bruce. 
His honeymoon is over.

• Facepalm 3

32 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

My guy CBM was +27! For the tourney. 

CBM has really been something.  He seemingly came out of nowhere and his stats looked to good to be true.  Then he has delivered.  He may be the best player on the team.

37 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Out of reactions but I definitely agree. That being said, there’s a lot of natural progression that can come from the perimeter guys. I wouldn’t be surprised if we returned to more of a 2018-19 type team

I don't think Auburn goes back to that type of team. I fully believe that Kessler changed Pearl's mindset. Further, Pearl has mention that with the new lack of charging rules that he would need to change his team's dynamic(paraphrasing) into a more drive type of team like the NBA. I'd also assume he goes for bigger guards moving forward(after this year).

6 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I don't think Auburn goes back to that type of team. I fully believe that Kessler changed Pearl's mindset. Further, Pearl has mention that with the new lack of charging rules that he would need to change his team's dynamic(paraphrasing) into a more drive type of team like the NBA. I'd also assume he goes for bigger guards moving forward(after this year).

True, I supposed that has more or less been the mold since 2022. I just don’t fully know if that’s fully because of preference or requirement (due to roster structure). I suppose we’ll be able to tell based on who we shoot for in the transfer portal!