SEC Tournament Championship Game Thread

26 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I don't think Auburn goes back to that type of team. I fully believe that Kessler changed Pearl's mindset. Further, Pearl has mention that with the new lack of charging rules that he would need to change his team's dynamic(paraphrasing) into a more drive type of team like the NBA. I'd also assume he goes for bigger guards moving forward(after this year).

When u think about it this team is kind of similar. They have depth and length. Maybe lacking on the outside shooting some but he has rangy guys

Lastly the SEC has a serious officiating problem. They are so inconsistent. If u gonna be bad do it for both times. However, I would prefer them to call it within the rule book. So much egregious traveling and pushing off 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Didn’t see a play all day. Where can I see a replay? 

Best bet will be YouTube. If anything it will probably be tomorrow with all the focus being on the selections for today 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Freeze could learn a lot from Bruce. 
His honeymoon is over.

Roster management with 15 kids is a lot different animal than 85 plus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Freeze could learn a lot from Bruce. 
His honeymoon is over.

This reminds me of when I saw someone wish we had hired Sark midway through last year. Did you not see how Bruce’s first three years here went? I’m not saying that we should tolerate three years of 6-6 from CHF but this is absurd.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

This reminds me of when I saw someone wish we had hired Sark midway through last year. Did you not see how Bruce’s first three years here went? I’m not saying that we should tolerate three years of 6-6 from CHF but this is absurd.

We agree. 

• Like 1

So, for those of you who were at the game, I have a question:

When Florida's center got hurt, did the Auburn and Florida players meet and pray together? I read something to that effect...

22 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

So, for those of you who were at the game, I have a question:

When Florida's center got hurt, did the Auburn and Florida players meet and pray together? I read something to that effect...

On the tv broadcast I understood them to say that the Auburn players gathered in a circle on the court and prayed while the Florida players checked on their injured teammate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Sec network 

i posted highlights in the other thread with the bruce presser if it helps any.

6 hours ago, AUx said:

Why is Jeff Foxworthy doing courtside interviews?

And what happened to his mullet? Haha. I sure wish that instead of cutting immediately to a game nobody cared about, ESPN would have had the decency to show us this:

13 minutes ago, AUfaninNM said:

And what happened to his mullet? Haha. I sure wish that instead of cutting immediately to a game nobody cared about, ESPN would have had the decency to show us this:

Yeah. No respect for the meek auburn following.

But when that boy interviewed Bruce, he was cuuuuuuuntree. Not that there's anything wrong with that :) 

4 minutes ago, AUx said:

But when that boy interviewed Bruce, he was cuuuuuuuntree. Not that there's anything wrong with that :) 

I was thinking both of those exact things as well when I heard him 😄

For anyone who wants more detail on Micah Handlogten's injury, this sports medicine guy apparently had a full analysis out by the time the game was over:

Didn’t even realize the Knecht human torch game decided the SEC regular season tourney. That does hurt, but the draw ended up working out beautifully. Would’ve much rathered having this timeline over a potential one that involved beating Tenn, getting the reg season trophy, a higher NCAA seed and another early loss in the SECT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUfaninNM said:

For anyone who wants more detail on Micah Handlogten's injury, this sports medicine guy apparently had a full analysis out by the time the game was over:

As soon as I saw blood trickling down his left calf, I said season over for the guy. Hate it for the guy, but knew it was a huge void that Broome could now exploit as FL owned Broome in Gainesville. That guy defensively was to FL as Kessler was to AU.

Stat of the SEC Tournament:

AU's combined opponent's 3-point shooting:

7-of-40 (17.5%)

FL shot 1-of-13 (7.7%)

The previous day on the same court, FL shot 14-of-26 (53.8%)

Unbelievable 3-point defense by AU.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Viper said:

7-of-40 (17.5%)

FL shot 1-of-13 (7.7%)

UF emotional fatigue was real and that is why seeding is important.

42 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

UF emotional fatigue was real and that is why seeding is important.

True to an extent. 4 consecutive days didn’t bother AU five years ago as they destroyed TN for the title.

9 hours ago, Viper said:

7-of-40 (17.5%)

FL shot 1-of-13 (7.7%)

They kept Taylor (i think that is his name) bottled up with ZERO space.  The one time in the 2nd where he parked near the timeline and the Fla bench, was the cleanest look he had all day and he drained it.

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

They kept Taylor (i think that is his name) bottled up with ZERO space.  The one time in the 2nd where he parked near the timeline and the Fla bench, was the cleanest look he had all day and he drained it.

Absolutely imperative that AU disturb Clayton’s and Pullin’s area at the arc. It caused Clayton to attempt Steph Curry distance threes.

• Thanks 1

Sorry I’m late!!! War Damn SEC CHAMPIONS Eagle bay baaaaaay!!!!!! 🦅🐅🐯💙🧡 let’s gooooooo!!!!! Yessssirrrrr!!!!!! I fuggin love it!!!!!!!!!! Woooooo!!!!! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

IMG_7423.jpeg

IMG_7422.jpeg

IMG_7421.jpeg

IMG_7420.jpeg

IMG_7418.jpeg

IMG_7419.jpeg

IMG_7417.jpeg

IMG_7415.jpeg

IMG_7416.jpeg

IMG_7414.jpeg

IMG_7413.jpeg

IMG_7412.jpeg

• Haha 1

• ellitor changed the title to SEC Tournament Championship Game Thread
4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sorry I’m late!!! War Damn SEC CHAMPIONS Eagle bay baaaaaay!!!!!! 🦅🐅🐯💙🧡 let’s gooooooo!!!!! Yessssirrrrr!!!!!! I fuggin love it!!!!!!!!!! Woooooo!!!!! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

IMG_7423.jpeg

IMG_7422.jpeg

IMG_7421.jpeg

IMG_7420.jpeg

IMG_7418.jpeg

IMG_7419.jpeg

IMG_7417.jpeg

IMG_7415.jpeg

IMG_7416.jpeg

IMG_7414.jpeg

IMG_7413.jpeg

IMG_7412.jpeg

You must have went streaking again lol.  Love the memes. Those are excellent. 

• Like 1