SEC HEAD COACH POWER RANKINGS

I know most in here's point of contention is Freeze, but I don't think you could put him much higher if you viewed this through the lens of the coaches' recent stock (which clearly appears to be what they're basing this off of). To me, 1-6 is unarguable, Stoops should be higher, Eiko is a toss-up, and Drinkwitz/Venables are having a lot of stock applied to their most recent season, and maybe not enough to the preceding seasons. 

6 hours ago, cbo said:

goofy Bama fanbase

Yep and other SEC Fanbases as well. What Saban did was unprecedented . I thought this was a homerun hire on paper. I think what people have to realize is he did more with less. Despite this being the SEC, Bama still has elite talent compared to their contemporaries. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DAG said:

PAC 12 had some quality teams and serious QB play. What Deboer did at Washington was amazing. Always been a fan of his. Not sure he will win as much as Saban (that may not happen for a long time), but he will certainly be successful at Bama. The SEC was not as elite as most years last year IMO. 

The SEC wasn’t elite at all last year, mediocre QB play all around the league. The Pac 12 was playing the best football last year

• Like 2

All you need to know about this guy is he was one of SEC Country/Atlanta Journal's inaugural rag writers. He's Thalmal-ian.

15 hours ago, DAG said:

PAC 12 had some quality teams and serious QB play. What Deboer did at Washington was amazing. Always been a fan of his. Not sure he will win as much as Saban (that may not happen for a long time), but he will certainly be successful at Bama. The SEC was not as elite as most years last year IMO. 

I'm eager to see if Deboer can juggle the actual coaching, game-prep AND the recruiting.  Freeze with +6 yrs SEC HC experience had issues handling all of those responsibilities last year, we'll see soon enough if Deboer can do it or not.  

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 7:18 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

Agreed.   The comparisons to the potato head are just wishful thinking.  “debose” is not potato head, but he ain’t DeBear either!   I’m not sure how it’s going to work out at bama following the 🐐, but I like our chances now more than I did in December.  

I liked our chances before. DeBoer was able to field a national championship-worthy defense at Washington where the only recruiting hotbed was Cali. You drop him in the deep south with a team that is already loaded and a sure-fire coaching staff that specializes in offense, and you have the makings of another dynasty. If we couldn't beat the worst Bama team in a decade-and-a-half, then I'm really not sure about where we'll stand in the next few years.

36 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

I liked our chances before. DeBoer was able to field a national championship-worthy defense at Washington where the only recruiting hotbed was Cali. You drop him in the deep south with a team that is already loaded and a sure-fire coaching staff that specializes in offense, and you have the makings of another dynasty. If we couldn't beat the worst Bama team in a decade-and-a-half, then I'm really not sure about where we'll stand in the next few years.

What makes you think it is a sure-fire coaching staff??

On 3/20/2024 at 3:20 PM, bigbird said:

I don't rank on potential. 

So Freeze needs to drop to the bottom 

• Facepalm 1

On 3/21/2024 at 12:30 PM, JerryAU said:

I'm eager to see if Deboer can juggle the actual coaching, game-prep AND the recruiting.  Freeze with +6 yrs SEC HC experience had issues handling all of those responsibilities last year, we'll see soon enough if Deboer can do it or not.  

Lol his assistant head coach will handle most of the off the field stuff including recruiting. “Hey Nick could you give this 5 star a call, he’ll sign if he can get a new Mercedes and play in the nfl.”

48 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What makes you think it is a sure-fire coaching staff??

Because Saban is still in charge when he has to be.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Because Saban is still in charge when he has to be.

Ha, thats ahuge jump. He will help recruiting and possibly in defensive strategy. My bet is ESPN will demand separation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HabitualChiller said:

If we couldn't beat the worst Bama team in a decade-and-a-half, then I'm really not sure about where we'll stand in the next few years.

Neither could Kirby. 🙄

Edited by AUwent