2024 Portal

Chaney is going to be a beast.  What I would have liked would maybe another big, have broome at 4  with Chaney if we struck out on forwards and then cardwell start 5 with another 5 that’s serviceable 

1 hour ago, AUSCalum87 said:

So the starting 5 as of now would be Pegues, Denver, CBM, Chaney and Broome. The backups would be Pettiford, CMo, Jakhi and Cardwell. So there’s a glaring weakness at the PF position with Chaney starting that would be easily exploited by good teams. Having only one backup guard who will be a true freshman is not ideal as well. Again, I know those final two spots will be filled. The question is will the spots be filled with quality guys or just role fillers and we’re back to where we’ve been wondering why we struggle in the NCAA tournament?

As of right now, only having 3 capable guards is a disaster. And then Chaney will be a liability as a starter. In basketball, one or two players can make a world of a difference and that’s where Auburn is right now with these last two spots.

Ok.

Have at it y’all!! 😂😂

IMG_8055.gif

IMG_8056.gif

• Haha 1

What an absolute freaking embarrassment! Achor Achor or Dillon Mitchell would’ve been beasts in this offense and we settle for a guy that could only average 15 minutes a game at SMU? Extremely disappointing 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Even Bruce can’t get excited for this 

• Haha 5

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

What an absolute freaking embarrassment! Achor Achor or Dillon Mitchell would’ve been beasts in this offense and we settle for a guy that could only average 15 minutes a game at SMU? Extremely disappointing 

Don’t think we had much of a choice based on the schools they chose…. It really is a even playing field these days.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

So yea, that happened. The guy I said earlier knew what he was talking about apparently. I really want to be nice and say there’s upside with this guy, but you can’t put lipstick on a pig and think it’ll make it prettier. No disrespect to him, but he didn’t even start at SMU and got his minutes cut back at GA State. Someone tell me any positive about this?

• Sad 1

Just now, AUSCalum87 said:

So yea, that happened. The guy I said earlier knew what he was talking about apparently. I really want to be nice and say there’s upside with this guy, but you can’t put lipstick on a pig and think it’ll make it prettier. No disrespect to him, but he didn’t even start at SMU and got his minutes cut back at GA State. Someone tell me any positive about this?

He’s a backup and that’s exactly what he will be at AU!!! 😁🤭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

There’s no sugar coating this. This is embarrassing. He brings nothing to the table except depth. Much rather have gotten someone from JUCO who was dominant than someone who couldn’t even make any impact at SMU. This is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

He’s a backup and that’s exactly what he will be at AU!!! 😁🤭

Brleing real, and this is no hyperbole, I believe CMo will have more minutes than this guy. I’m being serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s only embarrassing if you want it to be. I’ll let you know March ‘25

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Don’t think we had much of a choice based on the schools they chose…. It really is an even playing field these days.

There’s always a choice. Our money people know what’s at stake. They can choose to get serious about winning and doing whatever it takes to win…. or we can continue to get beat out by Cincinnati, UCF, etc. We had a chance to have an absolutely loaded lineup that could compete for a National Championship. It was within hour grasp and we freaking blew it!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

There’s always a choice. Our money people know what’s at stake. They can choose to get serious about winning and doing whatever it takes to win…. or we can continue to get beat out by Cincinnati, UCF, etc. We had a chance to have an absolutely loaded lineup that could compete for a National Championship. It was within hour grasp and we freaking blew it!

We as in the staff. I’m sure Bruce has reached a breaking point especially with them incels across the state giving ugly ass big ears a full deck of nil money to play with.

11 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

There’s no sugar coating this. This is embarrassing. He brings nothing to the table except depth. Much rather have gotten someone from JUCO who was dominant than someone who couldn’t even make any impact at SMU. This is a joke.

You really are committed to this D2/juco player bit!! It’s inspiring I will admit! 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

Yea, this is going to come back and bite us unfortunately. 4 of our starting  5 is good, but we have a glaring weakness at the 4 spot. I had us being near the top 4 in the SEC. Now, we will probably be around 6-8 range. Unfortunately, the top teams in the SEC made huge upgrades this offseason and we really didn’t change much to our team. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

You really are committed to this D2/juco player bit!! It’s inspiring I will admit! 😂😂

🤣 I will admit I am consistent with it, but in all honesty, there are so many D2 and JUCO guys that get overlooked and are really quality D1 players. I believe we could have easily gotten a guy who was great at one of those levels to come here and be a backup. Here’s my thing with Hudson: there’s literally no upside with him. Let this sink in: he couldn’t even start at SMU. Average barely over 5 ppg. Left GA State because his minutes were being diminished. I mean, I want to trust Pearl in this but this makes no sense whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

🤣 I will admit I am consistent with it, but in all honesty, there are so many D2 and JUCO guys that get overlooked and are really quality D1 players. I believe we could have easily gotten a guy who was great at one of those levels to come here and be a backup. Here’s my thing with Hudson: there’s literally no upside with him. Let this sink in: he couldn’t even start at SMU. Average barely over 5 ppg. Left GA State because his minutes were being diminished. I mean, I want to trust Pearl in this but this makes no sense whatsoever.

There’s still a chance don’t we have 2 or 3 scholarships open now?

5 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Yea, this is going to come back and bite us unfortunately. 4 of our starting  5 is good, but we have a glaring weakness at the 4 spot. I had us being near the top 4 in the SEC. Now, we will probably be around 6-8 range. Unfortunately, the top teams in the SEC made huge upgrades this offseason and we really didn’t change much to our team. 

I think you are way lower on Chaney than you should be. He’s not as bad as you are making him out to be. He got better as the season went along. I suspect he will get better this off-season. He at a bare minimum does have sec athleticism in his back pocket which is usually one of the biggest hurdles when jumping up from the level he was at at AUM.

• Like 4

Do not go on twitter right now, Auburn is getting skill dragged, rightfully so. Also, didn’t realize that Hudson is only 6’7, for a power forward. CBM is almost as tall as him. Ugh, this is just such a downer to what we could have had.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think you are way lower on Chaney than you should be. He’s not as bad as you are making him out to be. He got better as the season went along. I suspect he will get better this off-season. He at a bare minimum does have sec athleticism in his back pocket which is usually one of the biggest hurdles when jumping up from the level he was at at AUM.

He played at UNA, but I understand what you are saying. I think people are misconstruing what I am saying about Chaney. Let me put it this way. Look at any of the top 20 teams in the nation. Would he start for any of those teams? Heck, let’s stay in our conference. Who would Chaney start for in the top 8 teams? That’s my point. He’s a good option for a backup, but he’s no where close to being a quality SEC starter.

4 minutes ago, Lotto said:

There’s still a chance don’t we have 2 or 3 scholarships open now?

Nah, we only have 1 spot left and it will be a guard position. I wouldn’t be surprised if they come from JUCO though.

It’s not that bad.  Stop acting like the sky is falling.  I still stand by point guard being much more dire than filling the 4 spot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you sure I thought with sobera leaving that Atleast makes 2