Liberal NBC

I’m trying to figure out why someone would offer that moron a job in the first place. 

On 3/26/2024 at 10:05 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

Liberal NBC just showed they aren't even open to any other viewpoint. The staff is sure not open to any and they rule.

NBC News officially drops Ronna McDaniel following on-air backlash from staff | Fox News

To an actual news media organization, lying is not considered to be a "viewpoint".  :-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 3

What actual news organization? 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AUDub said:

I’m trying to figure out why someone would offer that moron a job in the first place. 

So you are OK with the morons already at NBC who don't want to hear any other viewpoints?

23 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So you are OK with the morons already at NBC who don't want to hear any other viewpoints?

F' That!  Why would most of the MSM want to hear 2 sides of anything? It would get in the way of doing "Copy-Paste Journalism."

Whether it is Fox, MSNBC, NBC, etc they just Copy-Paste the narrative talking points.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

F' That!  Why would most of the MSM want to hear 2 sides of anything? It would get in the way of doing "Copy-Paste Journalism."

Whether it is Fox, MSNBC, NBC, etc they just Copy-Paste the narrative talking points.

Curious as to why a complete nihilist like yourself even bothers to post on a political forum? :dunno:   Does complete immunity from any argument make you feel powerful?

On 3/27/2024 at 10:58 AM, Son of A Tiger said:

NBC has several Republican hosts, anchors, commentators.   They are reasonable, honest, thoughtful.  

There is a big difference between Republicans and, those who wish to entrench wealth, destroy democracy, dictate morality (fascists).

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Or... they could just not want to appear to be promoting a false narrative about the 2020 election. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, homersapien said:

Curious as to why a complete nihilist like yourself even bothers to post on a political forum? :dunno:   Does complete immunity from any argument make you feel powerful?

No one has presented a cogent, reasonable argument. Word-Salads do not meet the terms of an adult argument.

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

No one has presented a cogent, reasonable argument. Word-Salads do not meet the terms of an adult argument.

There is no argument with nihilism, by definition.

Edited by homersapien

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There is no argument for nihilism, by definition.

So therefore no argument for any topic by your (lack of) logic?

On 3/29/2024 at 12:31 PM, DKW 86 said:

So therefore no argument for any topic by your (lack of) logic?

No, that's exactly what you are doing.  Everyone is exactly the same - bad.

There are no choices because there are no differences and thus, no arguments.

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

No, that's exactly what you are doing.  Everyone is exactly the same - bad.

There are no choices because there are no differences thus, no arguments.

Wrong. Old man go get back on your meds.

I am specifically rejecting the complete corrupt mess that these two parties have devolved into. I support individual candidates and cast votes for those I truly believe could make a difference. This may be the rare third-party election like Perot in 1992 or Jill Stein in 2016. I am just plain tired of 1) voting against that guy-2004 2) voting for the lesser of two evils-2020.

We deserve far better candidates who at least have a chance to solve real problems facing middle-class America. I am sorry to tell you that neither party has that candidate at the moment. Screaming "Lock her up" or "Russians-Russians-Russians" has done nothing but drive us apart. If you have been in office 30+ years, you have zero solutions left. You are the problem. 

trump has only 4 years in office and has all the wrong solutions to all the problems as well. 

Edited by DKW 86

21 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Wrong. Old man go get back on your meds.

I am specifically rejecting the complete corrupt mess that these two parties have devolved into. I support individual candidates and cast votes for those I truly believe could make a difference. This may be the rare third-party election like Perot in 1992 or Jill Stein in 2016. I am just plain tired of 1) voting against that guy-2004 2) voting for the lesser of two evils-2020.

We deserve far better candidates who at least have a chance to solve real problems facing middle-class America. I am sorry to tell you that neither party has that candidate at the moment. Screaming "Lock her up" or "Russians-Russians-Russians" has done nothing but drive us apart. If you have been in office 30+ years, you have zero solutions left. You are the problem. 

trump has only 4 years in office and has all the wrong solutions to all the problems as well. 

What exactly does NBC firing Ronna McDaniel have to do with any of that?

You are a wanna-be iconoclast hopelessly stuck in your Narrative.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What exactly does NBC firing Ronna McDaniel have to do with that?

You are a wanna be iconoclast hopelessly stuck in your Narrative.

I have no narrative. I seek truth.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I have no narrative. I seek truth.

Yeah, it's everyone else who are pursuing "narratives".

You not a seeker of "truth", you fancy yourself as a dispenser of truth, which is exactly why you decry other's perception of truths as "narratives". 

Edited by homersapien

NBC is liberal and Fox is Trump land. And the sky is blue. What’s the debate (imo cnn recently is the  closest to moderate - left of center)? It’s the unvetted info from social media that’s the real whacky stuff.

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s the unvetted info from social media that’s the real whacky stuff.

Careful with that statement. Some on here believe that the unvetted info from social media is the only truth

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Careful with that statement. Some on here believe that the unvetted info from social media is the only truth

Side note: one funny phenomenon is how Fox treats bill maher. Each weak they pick the 20% that supports their pov (ie he’s anti vax and woke) and blast it all over their web page, but completely ignore the other 80% where he supports Biden and goes off on how trump is an idiot and most of the gop (and Fox) is certifiably nuts. It’s s fun spectator sport watching Fox careful curate and choose quotes from his show each week and ignore the rest of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

NBC is liberal and Fox is Trump land. And the sky is blue. What’s the debate (imo cnn recently is the  closest to moderate - left of center)? It’s the unvetted info from social media that’s the real whacky stuff.

Focusing on this particular case, do you think refusing to hire an election denier is a sign of "liberalism" or is it simply conforming to a sensible standard for a news organization?

The missed opportunity here would have been hiring her on the condition that she publicly admitted she was lying about the election being stolen.  Assuming I felt there was value in having her general experience and insight on the staff - that's what I would have done.  Without that, you become less of a news organization than a purveyor of lies.

Edited by homersapien

15 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Which is the problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Side note: one funny phenomenon is how Fox treats bill maher. Each weak they pick the 20% that supports their pov (ie he’s anti vax and woke) and blast it all over their web page, but completely ignore the other 80% where he supports Biden and goes off on how trump is an idiot and most of the gop (and Fox) is certifiably nuts. It’s s fun spectator sport watching Fox careful curate and choose quotes from his show each week and ignore the rest of it.

And I suspect the executives at NBC wanted to preserve their image in the market, instead of devaluing it. (Which is maybe why they created MSNBC in the first place.) 

They didn't want NBC to become a liberal version of Fox.

Edited by homersapien

35 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Focusing on this particular case, do you think refusing to hire an election denier is a sign of "liberalism" or is it simply conforming to a sensible standard for a news organization?

The missed opportunity here would have been hiring her on the condition that she publicly admitted she was lying about the election being stolen.  Assuming I felt there was value in having her general experience and insight on staff -, that's what I would have done.  Without that, you become less of a news organization than a purveyor of lies.

If you want balance you can hire an old school conservative, but if you want todays maga conservative you’re going to get an election denier by nature. It was a naive hire by the nbc execs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

AMEN to that!