High Point guard to visit Auburn

247sports.com

High Point guard to visit Auburn

Jason Caldwell

2–3 minutes

Auburn is looking for more firepower at the point guard position.

Already with Furman point guard JP Pegues on board for the 2024-25 season at point guard after losing Tre Donaldson and Aden Holloway to the transfer portal, the Auburn Tigers are looking for more help at the position with coach Bruce Pearl and his staff expected to get a visit from High Point's Duke Miles on April 30, AuburnUndercover has confirmed. 

Originally from Montgomery and Robert E. Lee High, the 6-3 Miles started his career at Troy before playing his senior year at High Point. Starting 27 games last season, Miles averaged 17.5 points per game to finish second in the league in scoring. A player that can get to the rim, Miles lead the league with a field goal percentage of 52.8 percent, shot 36 percent from three and 80 percent from the free throw line.

Adding 3.6 assists and 2.8 rebounds per game, Miles was named the Big South Newcomer of the Year after scoring 20 or more points in 11 games a year ago.

As a high school player, Miles helped the Generals to a 33-1 record and the 7A state title as a senior and played in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game. In his four seasons at Robert E. Lee, he helped the team to an overall record of 112-17. 

Who could commit to Auburn next?

A look at who could join Auburn's class next.

Auburn is off to a strong start with a top-10 class in the 2025 rankings, holding 10 commitments. Recruiting goes through waves, typically, with momentum sometimes picking up at certain times. Auburn got a commitment from Top247 offensive tackle Carde Smith semi-recently, but it's been a little quieter from the high school ranks — mainly due to having to recruit the transfer portal in the spring window.

But at the same time, it feels like the Tigers staff is set to have things pick up again in a big way here soon.

A look at who could commit next:

To read this full article and more, subscribe now —

SALE: 30% off first year

Get access to this article and all of the in-depth coverage from the 247Sports Network with this special offer.

Join at 30% off Annual

Already a subscriber? Login

I'm assuming we are choosing between the Moorehead State guard and this guy? Which one would we take and why?

Edited by TAYLORKEETON

I thought we had enough of high point guards with Aden leaving the program but hey what do I know

Ok I'll see myself out

• Haha 9
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Why would we want another high point guard?

the high cost of living ain't nothing like the cost of living high

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Why would we want another high point guard?

Gotta keep ‘em calm sos they hits that three ball baby!

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I'm assuming we are choosing between the Moorehead State guard and this guy? Which one would we take and why?

Please forward info on the morehead state guard?

7 hours ago, Lotto said:

The dude that’s been posted in here this last week, can’t remember his name 

8 hours ago, Lotto said:

Mark Freeman is his name. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

This wasn't the dude I was talking about, we looking at this dude now?

I sure hope not. I was being hilarious.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

but but but white boys can't jump dang it! they made a movie about it.........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Mark Freeman is his name. 

so taylor are you a swifty?  grins

55 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so taylor are you a swifty?  grins

I have no idea what a "swifty" is 

7 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I have no idea what a "swifty" is 

taylor swift fan...........grins

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

taylor swift fan...........grins

I am not a fan. I'm not as fan of most modern music or artists. One goal for this year was to be less secular, I've quit listening to music pretty much, besides when I'm in the gym. As I've gotten older the less modern things I like

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I am not a fan. I'm not as fan of most modern music or artists. One goal for this year was to be less secular, I've quit listening to music pretty much, besides when I'm in the gym. As I've gotten older the less modern things I like

i listen to classic rock and americana. while i admire taylor i do not listen to her. there are some real nice artists out now that do not overproduce their music.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Winwood is so underrated. His keyboard/organ skills are pretty amazing. If I remember right, Miller beer actually tried to sue him over this song lol

A lot of people don't realize Steve was the lead singer for the Spencer Davis Group at the age of 16. You tell me this sounds like a 16 year old.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

A lot of people don't realize Steve was the lead singer for the Spencer Davis Group at the age of 16. You tell me this sounds like a 16 year old.

Good stuff. This one says he was 15, but I think he's actually 18 or 19, but sounds like Ray Charles the sequel.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 1

Well that was a waste of time 

• Haha 1