5.12.24 Football Articles

al.com

Former Auburn LB Wesley Steiner signs with Washington State

Updated: May. 11, 2024, 1:58 p.m.|Published: May. 11, 2024, 1:58 p.m.

2–3 minutes

Wesley Steiner: Vulnerable Strength

After reportedly entering the transfer portal at the end of April, former Auburn linebacker Wesley Steiner has committed to and signed with Washington State, the program announced Friday night.

Steiner visited Pullman, Washington, earlier in the week, according to the Washington State 247Sports page.

Steiner played four seasons at Auburn beginning in fall 2020 when he arrived as a freshman former four-star recruit. He had 86 career tackles from 2020-2023 including 46 in 2022.

His playing time and production decreased significantly in 2023, and Auburn retained both of its starting linebackers from last season in Eugene Asante and Austin Keys. Auburn also added Duke transfer linebacker Dorian Mausi and is bringing in several freshmen including four-star recruit Demarcus Riddick.

Steiner has one remaining year of eligibility.

Washington State is joining the Mountain West Conference this fall as one of the castoffs following the breakup of the PAC-12. Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA all went to the Big Ten. Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State and Utah are heading to the Big 12. Stanford and Cal are going to the ACC. Oregon State, the other cast off in the departure for major conferences, is joining the West Coast Conference.

Matt Cohen covers Auburn sports for AL.com. You can follow him on X at @Matt_Cohen_ or email him at mcohen@al.com

0faai9D.jpeg

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Now this is a much more informed analysis than the one posted yesterday that I commented on. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eagle-2 said:

Now this is a much more informed analysis than the one posted yesterday that I commented on. 

thanx but i seldom have time to read what i post since i post so much but thanx for reading!