Jabari Smith Jr. is trying his hand at recruiting

Edited by aubiefifty

Posted (edited)

sorry boys i am high as a jawja  pine and then some. aplogies.............

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-auburn-star-jabari-smith-230012626.html?

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Love it! We need a big NBA presence from AU. We've got guys in the league now but none that are truly stars. Hoping Jabari can be that guy and the fact that he also loves hyping us up is huge. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Love it! We need a big NBA presence from AU. We've got guys in the league now but none that are truly stars. Hoping Jabari can be that guy and the fact that he also loves hyping us up is huge. 

You're right. Jabari is a solid player, but not a star. Hopefully, he continues the great improvement he showed this past season. At least we do have contributing players in the NBA now, unlike 10-15 years ago. That is vital for recruiting.

• Like 2

I’m no nba guy

how often do well thought of college players who become nba role players then turn into nba stars?

is that a common or uncommon path?

Just now, mustache eagle said:

I’m no nba guy

how often do well thought of college players who become nba role players then turn into nba stars?

It's rare for an NBA rookie, even the number 1 pick, to be a star right out of the gate. Most NBA stars have to develop for a few years to get to that point. But most high draft picks don't reach that elite level. 

Jabari is young (turned 21 just last month) and has athletic traits that give him a high ceiling to develop. He really could become an all-star caliber player in a few years. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m no nba guy

He may not reach Kobe or LeBron type levels, but I think he can make a couple of all star appearances if he continues to improve. He needs that one big break out season within the next couple of years. The fact that Houston is a rising team is a real positive too- winning really helps!

Edited by arktiger1975

Barring injury, Jabari will have 6 years of experience in the best league in the world when his is 25 years old. Combine that with his skill and physical attributes and he will do some damage in the NBA. I'm just not sure the Rockets are the best place for him given that Jalen Green is a shoot first, shoot second, shoot third, shoot fourth, shoot fifth, shoot sixth, shoot seventh, shoot eighth, turnover ninth, pass tenth guard.

• Haha 2

On 6/12/2024 at 8:11 AM, keeperoftheplains said:

Barring injury, Jabari will have 6 years of experience in the best league in the world when his is 25 years old. Combine that with his skill and physical attributes and he will do some damage in the NBA. I'm just not sure the Rockets are the best place for him given that Jalen Green is a shoot first, shoot second, shoot third, shoot fourth, shoot fifth, shoot sixth, shoot seventh, shoot eighth, turnover ninth, pass tenth guard.

If I recall correctly, wasn't Jalen Green very close to becoming an Auburn Tiger?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

If I recall correctly, wasn't Jalen Green very close to becoming an Auburn Tiger?

Top 2 outside of the GL. Depending on what time you look at his feedback, he said he would’ve either gone to Memphis or Auburn. Fell out with Cooper for a bit bc he silent committed to Auburn 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 7:56 PM, arktiger1975 said:

I've seen an interview with him that said he probably would've picked AU if not for Ignite.