NO MORE FIGHT SONGS

WarDlowe

I was told the other night by someone high in the band department that they will no longer by playing the opponent's fight songs before the games. Apparently the e-mails worked, but some of them were absolutely ridiculous and made people sound stupid and as "jackass fans" as I was told by this person. I was 100% against this from the beginning, and thankfully they are done. But please refrain from making yourself sound like an idiot in your e-mails.

What apparently originated this was a big meeting between all the SEC schools in the offseason in which it was decided that sportsmanship needed to be improved between some schools, so this was Auburn's idea to improve sportsmanship. I'm glad that I won't ever have to hear that again.

Chalk one up for the good guys. :P

I am glad that this bad idea has been put aside.

I'm glad we're done promoting more sportsmanship too. :D

Seriously, it wasn't that big of a deal to me. I've seen other schools do it and thought it was pretty cool. When we did it for GT, I was glad to see it but then I saw how it apparently killed everyone's buzz and made the whole pregame experience the biggest downer ever. Now that I think of it, I had a real hard time yelling at that game and I think it was a direct result of the GT fight song. :big:

Not trying to be a smart a** here. I was just stunned to see so many people getting a-retentive over it. I recall last year when they changed things up and had a student or some young guy sing the anthem. Some folks were like....WHAAAAAT. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEIR RUINING THE AUBURN EXPERIENCE.

I'm glad we're done promoting more sportsmanship too. :D

Seriously, it wasn't that big of a deal to me.  I've seen other schools do it and thought it was pretty cool.  When we did it for GT, I was glad to see it but then I saw how it apparently killed everyone's buzz and made the whole pregame experience the biggest downer ever.  Now that I think of it, I had a real hard time yelling at that game and I think it was a direct result of the GT fight song. :big:

Not trying to be a smart a** here.  I was just stunned to see so many people getting a-retentive over it.  I recall last year when they changed things up and had a student or some young guy sing the anthem.  Some folks were like....WHAAAAAT.  I CAN'T BELIEVE THEIR RUINING THE AUBURN EXPERIENCE.

182375[/snapback]

I honestly didn't mind GT's fight song being played even though it was a downer on the whole pregame thing. What I couldn't fathom was Alabama's fight song being played by the AU band. I think we are going to need the crowd to be in that game 100% and that could only go to hurt that. IMO

I'm actually amazed that they changed. Now if we could only get some new parking restrictions changed.

I guess you guys are right. The thought of playing Bama's fight song is a bit nauseating. :D

I tried to think of that happening and I kept getting images of those idiots on all those reality shows getting ready to scarf down a gallon of South American Dung Beetles or something. Kind of makes you want to.... :puke:

If given a choice, with a loaded gun at my temple, I believe I would go with the dung beatles. :thumbsup:

Dung beetles have gotten a culinary bad rap over the years. Lightly sauteed and with a touch of garlic and extra virgin olive oil they can be a wholesome tailgating snack.

Dung beetles have gotten a culinary bad rap over the years. Lightly sauteed and with a touch of garlic and extra virgin olive oil they can be a wholesome tailgating snack.

182399[/snapback]

What is a dung beetle??? and better yet, Why are we belittling the poor thing by comparing it to the Alabama fight song?? :big:

I was just rereading the initial post of this thread and just wondered if they caught the person who was getting high in the band department?

What I couldn't fathom was Alabama's fight song being played by the AU band.

182382[/snapback]

The AU band playing the UA fight song would be so nauseating, our AU people would be throwing up all over the stadium. As matter of fact, I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it. Ooops, got to run.

Archived