Eagle Flight

Aubie7

Please contact the AU Athletic Department. I was directed to Jeremy Roberts, head of Marketing. I explained how dissappointing it was for the Eagle not flying a the GT game, due to the cable wires in place. I asked that something be worked out with ESPN so that this would not be a problem for other games. We need that flight to be a good one. I don't think it was too awe-inspiring for the Eagle to flop around on the 10 yard line. I mean we could have thrown a chicken out there to do that! Also, I mentioned a big "Thanks" for the band not playing the other team's fight song last week and added that I hoped this would be the end of that practice. I especially noted my distaste for hearing the UAT song later in the year.

Let's all get together on these two things!! :au:

I completely agree with you on the Eagle Flight. I know it is a fairly recent tradition, but it truly is one of the best parts of an Auburn :football: game (along with the Tiger Walk, the crowd, rolling Toomer's). :cheer:

I took my girlfriend to Auburn for the first time for the GT game and she had seen videos of Tiger and Spirit flying and was very excited. When they did the abbreviated flight, we were both quite disappointed and puzzled. :blink: When I heard the reason for the change I was upset that Auburn would do that. I think it is great that we get ESPN's money and national exposure, but they need to work around our traditions.

As for the opposing team's fight song, I've gotta say I have mixed opinions about that one. It is kind of classy, but at the same time, I don't really want to hear it...

As much as I like the eagle flight, and believe me I really like it, I don't necessarily think we should complain about this. We need the exposure for recruiting sake. I think if AU starts making demands on ESPN that will only cause them not to want to come and televise our games. JMO.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I wrote the atheltic department (specifically Mr. Jeremy Roberts) a quick email that he answered within 15 minutes. I won't bore you with my email to him, but here is his response:

It is our intention to tell ESPN that they will not be permitted to

bring in their SkyCam for any future Auburn home game.  At the time, we

thought we could work around it for the Tech game, but it turned out not

to be the case.

Thanks!

Jeremy

We should tell ESPN what they can and cannot do. If they are stupid enough to pass up on ratings for an Auburn game in the future, so be it. I would rather recruits see the eagle fly than see us on ESPN. Anybody can be seen on ESPN. Where else can you see this spectacle?

I wrote the atheltic department (specifically Mr. Jeremy Roberts) a quick email that he answered within 15 minutes.  I won't bore you with my email to him, but here is his response:
It is our intention to tell ESPN that they will not be permitted to

bring in their SkyCam for any future Auburn home game.  At the time, we

thought we could work around it for the Tech game, but it turned out not

to be the case.

Thanks!

Jeremy

We should tell ESPN what they can and cannot do. If they are stupid enough to pass up on ratings for an Auburn game in the future, so be it. I would rather recruits see the eagle fly than see us on ESPN. Anybody can be seen on ESPN. Where else can you see this spectacle?

182450[/snapback]

THAT MEANS I GET TO SEE THE EAGLE FLY FOR THE SOUTH CAROLINA GAME !!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer::au::D

As much as I like the eagle flight, and believe me I really like it, I don't necessarily think we should complain about this.  We need the exposure for recruiting sake.  I think if AU starts making demands on ESPN that will only cause them not to want to come and televise our games.  JMO.

182436[/snapback]

I don't think that ESPN would mind all that much. People don't watch college football games on ESPN for the sky cam. They would probably save a lot of money by not having it and it would not really be dissapointing to viewers either.

Awesome! I'm glad they are going to have the eagle fly. Ya'll are right that it is better to have the eagle fly. I just worry about complaining too much about stuff. But hay we have the fight song thing fixed, the eagle flying fixed, lets work on crappy parking restrictions.

Archived