Auburn Vs Uk Pregame Bash

AURainman

:au: AUBURN VS KENTUCKY :uk:

PRE-GAME BASH

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2005

WAR EAGLE!!!

Auburn fans, join us for a taste of Lexington, KY.

Local Lexingtonians, come get a taste of the Auburn Spirit!

The BLUEGRASS AUBURN CLUB is throwing a Pre-game Bash prior to the Auburn/Kentucky football game. Join us at the Red Mile Racetrack in Lexington, KY. We’ll have local cuisine, a local bluegrass band, and other Auburn-related entertainment. We will have a buffet and offer a cash bar. We will also offer the chance for bourbon tastings (you'll be in the heart of Bourbon Country).

There will also be various exciting items for auction. The proceeds from the auctions will go toward an endowment scholarship set up in memory of Lauren Tonini, a Louisville native who was attending Auburn as a pre-veterinary student. Lauren was tragically killed in an auto accident. The scholarship will be given to a Kentucky student wishing to study veterinary medicine at Auburn University.

---------------Non-Bluegrass------Bluegrass

Admission: AU Club Members---AU Club Members----Kids 6-11

7-11 ---------------$25---------------$20---------------$15

(w/ buffet)

9-11 ---------------$15---------------$15---------------Free

(w/o buffet)

children 5 and under = Free

(the buffet closes at 9:00, but the party goes on)

For directions to the Red Mile, please visit http://www.tattersallsredmile.com/map.html.

For more details, visit http://www.bluegrassauburnclub.org. To pre-order tickets contact

Kaye Hughes (kaye1057 AT insightbb DOT com) or Randall Stoves (randallstoves AT yahoo DOT com)

rainman,

Any plans yet for Saturday?? My family and I will be up there on Friday, but probably not able to attend the Friday night festivities. How easy is it to get tickets on gameday up there?? Trying to decide, for sake of saving money, whether to buy tickets before or after getting there??

Yes!!

UK has reserved us a pretty sweet spot. They reserve it for away teams that come and visit.

The Bluegrass Auburn Club is eating a lot of the costs up front, so we appreciate any pre-payers.

===============================

*Saturday, November 5th

Corner of University and Cooper, on the UK campus. MAP

Cost for Food: $5 per person $10 per family

Burgers, Brats, Hot-Dogs, and BBQ!

We'll have Free AU Novelties (shaker, temporary tatoos, etc) as well as face painting for the kids. Or adults if your into that kind of thing!!

To Pre-Pay:

(Please Pre-Pay if you know you are coming. Thanks!)

Mail a check payable to the Bluegrass Auburn Club to:

Kaye Hughes

1057 Autumn Ridge Drive

Lexington, KY 40509

(when you pre-pay you will be sent a wristband "ticket" for your food on Saturday)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info, already prepaid. What time does the Saturday cookout start?

MrMoJo

Thanks for the info, already prepaid.  What time does the Saturday cookout start?

MrMoJo

193718[/snapback]

People will start firing up the grill at 7:00AM Eastern! Expect food around 9:00 AM. (TigerWalk around 11:00AM)

Thanks for the Sat. times....the president of the Bluegrass Auburn Club is an old Grissom High grad like me and my three kids....I just found that out a couple of days ago.

We are leaving firday night after supper. PLanning to make it to the kentucky line before stopping to spend the night. What is the weather looking like for Saturday i saw yesterday there is a chance of rain.. :(

We are leaving firday night after supper. PLanning to make it to the kentucky line before stopping to spend the night. What is the weather looking like for  Saturday i saw yesterday there is a chance of rain.. :(

194436[/snapback]

Still 20% chance of rain. I think. There also predicting a high of 74 and a low of 54, so don't worry about that winter coat!

Archived