77 members have voted

1. 1. Florida @ Alabama Who, How Much?

• Florida by 7+
    • Florida by 1-7
    • Florida no points in pick
    • Alabama no points in pick
    • Alabama by 1-7
    • Alabama by 7+

i think it will be BAMA - 21 UF - 17... it's gonna be two different approaches to offense. The way i see it, they are primarily a passing team, versus the #2 secondary, and #7 Defense overall, in the country. We've missed a bunch of INT's in the past couple of games. I think they give up a few, and we turn them into points.

We have had a pretty balanced attack so far. Darby is the second leading rusher in the SEC, and Hall, Prothro, Brown are making some big catches. I think we mix it up, and get just lucky enough, to pull one out. Anyone remember 1999? Crazier things have happened... and we beat them in the swamp that year. This year, it's at home. And i know, we don't have that great a record against top 10's in BDS post BEAR, post Stallings. But i think this is the year that changes.

It could just be because I'm a "Bammer" though. :P

Please keep it real on the polls guys.

184335[/snapback]

??? As in don't vote for something you don't really think or what? ;)

Anyway, I voted for Alabama by 1-7. :puke: Mullets get the win, the thad rolls to their 13 thousanth MNC, and all is right with the world.

184335[/snapback]

Anyway, I voted for Alabama by 1-7. :puke: Mullets get the win, the thad rolls to their 13 thousanth MNC, and all is right with the world.

184353[/snapback]

even if we did go 12-0, we wouldn't win a 13th MNC... i have said it before. I HATE TO SAY IT, but it's true. Texas and USC are the golden boys of the polls, and they aren't gonna be knocked out of #1 and #2 spots. And i don't see either of them losing a game, leaving the door open to us if WE WERE 12-0. But ya know what, that's ok, cuz like i said before, we got some proving to do to get the kind of respect it will take to get back to the NCG. We ain't been great lately, but that's not saying we won't be great again. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy watching us prove we're worth the shot. I fully expect this. So, that 13th MNC is coming, just not this year (barring some intervention from Above... ;) )

Florida wins, as long as Leak continues his streak of passes without an INT. I am not sold on Florida's offense being all-world, but they will do enough to win by at least 4. I don't buy into that #2 secondary, that has more to do with who Bama has played than their pass defense.

Anyways, I think Leak is the difference in this game.

Bammites win in a blowout. I say 28-10.

Florida is thin on defense and I believe the dark pink jersey wearers will wear them down with their running attack and have their way in the fourth quarter. However if Mikey decides to come out throwing, I say they have no chance. Brodie has not impressed me at all and I'm wondering what the over/under is on how many more pass attempts he has before he's carted off the field with another season ending injury.

184335[/snapback]

184353[/snapback]

even if we did go 12-0, we wouldn't win a 13th MNC... i have said it before. I HATE TO SAY IT, but it's true. Texas and USC are the golden boys of the polls, and they aren't gonna be knocked out of #1 and #2 spots. And i don't see either of them losing a game, leaving the door open to us if WE WERE 12-0. But ya know what, that's ok, cuz like i said before, we got some proving to do to get the kind of respect it will take to get back to the NCG. We ain't been great lately, but that's not saying we won't be great again. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy watching us prove we're worth the shot. I fully expect this. So, that 13th MNC is coming, just not this year (barring some intervention from Above... ;) )

184365[/snapback]

We checked out the "intervention from above" thing.

SHUG said NO! B)

:uf: beats UAT 24-10. Realize it would be fine with me if Bama never won another game; period. However, I like Schula who I think he has handled his plight with a bit of grace while Meyer has a big mouth.

In reality, I think the :uf: pull it out.

I really dont know how Bama's DB's will react to the 5 man spread.

But then agian, UF's O-line looked horrible agianst UT. So maybe Bama's D-line gets good pressure on Leak.

On the other hand, Bama must run the ball well to win. They have to keep the :uf: offense off the field.

I think it will be close, but :uf: -28 :ua: -21.

UF wins this one thanks to a solid 2nd half by Leak, who struggles in the 1st half.

I will say

UF - 29

UA - 20

But, one thing that sucks with Meyer and the spread is that he is the type that will run it up thus he could kill the spread by scoring 1-2 late td's or fg's

:uf: -19

:ua: -13

Hard hitting struggle, both Leak and Croyle have hard time leading scoring drives, both teams have suspect o-lines but Leak is the more seasoned qb and he has a several road wins under his belt. For the Tide to have a shot, Darby needs to run hard from start to finish and attempt to wear out the Gator D. Meyer does run his mouth more than he should but hey look where he is coaching, the second biggest mullet nation behind Bama.

Reality sets in for the Phyllises. The easier feedings on the Gamecocks of the world is over. Don't get me wrong, the Phyllises have a strong defense, but this is a much more athletic team and they haven't faced one like that since :au: last year. UF's defense will be the best they've faced yet and except for Darby I'm not sure Croyle and the offense are able to do much. I believe the shortcomings of the Phyllis offensive line begin to show up in terms of youth and lack of depth. Offensively, Darby is their best chance. UF will struggle to score and the Phyllis defense makes them earn everything they get, but they will get some, particularly late when the Phyllis offense wears down and turns the ball over. Final: :uf: 22 Phyllis: 13. WDE!!! :au:;)

Y'all forgot one thing.....Bama's rushing defense was horrible against a crappy Arkansas team. I believe they got about 240-260 yards on the ground?

So what do we get from this? Urban Meyer's signature option attack finally revealed. I believe Bama will not be able to contain Leak in an option attack. Last weekend we saw Florida do a couple of reverse options, which were perfectly executed and gained big yards.

Also remember Bama did not really get the offense going consistently against a below par defense. Florida has alot more talent on defense than Arkansas...

Frankly, I think Florida has more big plays than Bama in this game....which results in a win.

Florida - 28

Bama - 14

Florida wins on the scoreboard, but it's close enough that the Bammers declare another moral victory and still expect to win the SEC. Those illusions won't fade until Tennessee has their way with the pachyderms.

Archived